Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: All this chatter about the Numark NS7....Who has one? - Page: 5

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

oh and while we're not really on subject... i heard someone early talking trash about the SL1 interface - this was before the Enar Secret Sauce aka the SL3 came out

what do you think about the new Scratch Live interface?
>24 bit
>USB 2.0
>3rd Aux Outs for Sampler
>3rd Aux Ins for Recording / Live Feed
>Switchable line/phone inputs for mixed ins
>Removed Thruputs

I switched over about a year ago and I remember keeping VDJ on my computer because I couldn't record in Serato. Now I can using the NS7 and the SL3 box (could already be done if i were rich enough for the Rane Mixer). I also used VDJ for the backspin effect, because with the control signal latency, a backspin would skip for a few milliseconds before it caught on. So I would just record in VDJ and then plug it in... noooow the NS7 can do it smoothly and with virtually no latency, same with the SL3 box with a bit higher latency but still smooth

geposted Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 5:26 am
yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yeah right.... so you say they spend 1500 $ on "spinners" and a sound card to control their laptop?
Makes the NS7 a bargain? Any idea how much it costs? I mean, what would the price be if the 1500$ set was available for say 1000$?

On the other hand: why pay for the NS7 if a midi controller / CD like ... the Denon HS 4500 can play CD's and control the laptop?
Heck, you say they buy CD's or turntables and never use a CD or vinyl.... so forget about the HS 4500... buy a midi-controller with built in soundcard. Done. For a lot less money.

And hey... this solution is platform free: you can start with serato, and switch to Virtualdj or the other way around. Or even stay clear from both...

geposted Thu 30 Apr 09 @ 1:30 pm
How many DJs out there are really using every single DJ software out there. Look at my record, I bought the console, I bought cue... I've even bought an M-Audio Torq Xponent (which by the way is a midi controller with a built in sound card... and at the time, I believed it to be the most practical piece of computer hardware suitable for a paid DJ gig)

What I found out was, software freezing, crashing or cutting out (with VDJ / Cue), or VDJ control signals playing too loud on my Denon DNS3500's and doing workarounds just to make the software perform properly, was a lot of extra time spent on thing that didn't involve actually DJing... thus I wasn't learning and not making decent money.

Then I got the GC job, got some discounts, bought the M-Audio Controller. Got a little bit better using Torq. but ultimately, the platters are not responsive enough to replace real cd players or vinyl control. And although I like the decrease in weight, plastic construction just was not tough or presentable enough to be my main rig... I mean, I can't see getting paid $4000 to do a prom while carrying in a Durable Mac Laptop, a Durable Lacie Hard Drive, and a cheap (looking) plastic toy.

Serato is where I found the happy medium. I got rid of my Denons and bought a couple Numark X2 Turntables (don't do what I did)... The software doesn't do it for you like most other apps, it aids you, with the color wave forms and the tempo match markers. I can honestly say, it made me a better DJ. and with the right gear, it looks professional. I think the NS7 brings all the functionality of Scratch Live for new DJs that have a desire to be better.

But anyways, back to the original question... who's really using multiple DJ software at once? Never have I once said to myself "Man, I wish this serato box would work in -- (Cue, Torq, Traktor, PCDJ, etc)" because when I plug it in and open Scratch Live, I know it's gonna work and the software is going to provide all the features I need to drop the $4000 gig and lock it in for next year, and add a few new contacts at the party, who will bring residual business all year long.

geposted Mon 04 May 09 @ 12:50 am
point taken... ;-)

For a well payed gig, I have a hardware backup and a box of CD's ready just in case...

geposted Mon 04 May 09 @ 1:46 am
I have one!!!!! :) my NS7 arrived about a week ago, and im also waiting for the ns7 to be compatible with CUE and Virtual DJ

geposted Tue 19 May 09 @ 6:13 pm
b1shopPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Believe it or not but it's awesome to use both Serato and VDJ together. You get the scratching and reliability of Serato and you have VDJ with all it's bells and whistles.

I love the NS7 but ITCH needs to adapt to VIDEO
or VDJ/CUE adapt to NS7 since they already can do video

and it's great for audio only gigs.

The BPM Counter and Sync option on Itch needs to revisited as it is not very accurate.

It does lack effects though and no video capability which can always be implemented later if they decide to add it
RANE (Itch) or NUMARK (Cue/VDJ) .

If you bought an NS7 all you can is just wait and see. .

geposted Tue 26 May 09 @ 7:12 pm
It's just a shame these things are never thought out properly on release.

I had to wait ages for support on the DN-HC4500 before buying it, the Pioneer MEP-7000 is a great unit but DJS Software is pants and it's not natively supported on hardly any software.

Numark chose a watered down version of Serato with no video ......

I can't understand why hardware manufacturers don't get ALL software companies on board before release, surely there would be more benefit than tieing the hardware to software that people may dislike or lacks functionality.

Maybe one day .......

geposted Wed 27 May 09 @ 6:37 am
locking down involves money and sponsorship too probably... or just the other way around sometimes.... anyway, it's always marketing boys playing around and customers being fucked. Let alone they have a long term strategy on the release and pricing (financial department).... BRRRR... gives me the creeps.
Sometimes they are right about things, but in this case, I 'd call it erronous. Also keep in mind software providers might be the ones going for exclusives... so anyone that likes hardware X gets their software to use... again: marketing boys. AAARRRHGHHH

geposted Wed 27 May 09 @ 7:10 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)