Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: DMX LIGHT FEATURE WORK

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

romcrisPRO InfinityMember since 2006
WELL I'M USING VIRTUALDJ FOR A WHILE I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEM WHIT IT SO I SUGEST TO THE DEVELOPER OF THE SOFTWARE IMPROVE THE DMX LIGHT CONTROL FEATURE SO THERE IS NO MUCH INFORMATION ABOUT IT I BOUTH A DMX ENTTEC USB PRO TO TRY BUT I DIDN'T HAVE SUCCESS SO I DON'T KNOW IF SOME ONE HAVE MORE INFORMATION TO POST

geposted Sun 29 Mar 09 @ 5:48 pm
nzdjHome userMember since 2007
Hi there,

as far as I know the built in DMX functionality in VDJ only supports a certain brand, I've got an enttec pro and I'm in the process of writing my own plugins for it

geposted Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 6:27 am
nzdj wrote :
Hi there,

as far as I know the built in DMX functionality in VDJ only supports a certain brand, I've got an enttec pro and I'm in the process of writing my own plugins for it

that sounds cool..

geposted Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 3:47 pm
I run Martin Light Jockey on one PC and VDJ on another, as for for combining complex lighting controlls, would you realy want one PC to controll all you have? what if it crashes?

geposted Fri 08 May 09 @ 6:44 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
valid point i would say...

geposted Sat 09 May 09 @ 6:25 am
WALTER858 wrote :
I run Martin Light Jockey on one PC and VDJ on another, as for for combining complex lighting controlls, would you realy want one PC to controll all you have? what if it crashes?

Yes , I want one PC controlling everything, because of all the possible benifits you gain if it was implemented and if it was done right.

What if it crashes? If the software was made by the same company, integration should not be an issue..

Everyone needs to keep in mind, even the most complex lighting design doesnt use even 1/10th the computer power that mixing two Videos in real time does!

geposted Mon 11 May 09 @ 9:43 am
hippydog wrote :
WALTER858 wrote :

Yes , I want one PC controlling everything, because of all the possible benifits you gain if it was implemented and if it was done right.

What if it crashes? If the software was made by the same company, integration should not be an issue..

Everyone needs to keep in mind, even the most complex lighting design doesnt use even 1/10th the computer power that mixing two Videos in real time does!

i dont think they are saying the DMX wil crash the program, but the search in VDJ 5(.2.1) COULD crash the program..
and if this happens, the music will stop (so you'll need backup music whie restart program) and if the lights run through VDJ, then they will all go out! lol

if youre getting paid big money for a gig and this happens, then goodluck!!

geposted Wed 13 May 09 @ 5:54 am
marksmolinski wrote :

i dont think they are saying the DMX wil crash the program, but the search in VDJ 5(.2.1) COULD crash the program..
and if this happens, the music will stop (so you'll need backup music whie restart program) and if the lights run through VDJ, then they will all go out! lol

if youre getting paid big money for a gig and this happens, then goodluck!!

I think you lost me.. :-)
Are you saying that because VDJ may crash (losing audio) we don't want the lightshow to stop at the same time?
If your getting paid big bucks, and your music stops (for any reason), a fancy lightshow that is still running to non-existant music WILL NOT change anyones opinion..

I dont think your gonna hear anytime soon: "Hey! that DJ cleared the floor 4 times this night, thank god he has a really cool lightshow!"

P.S.

and here is where this arguement gets even more mute..
IF your already running two computers (one for VDJ and one for a lightshow), WHY wouldnt you just put VDJ on BOTH computers and now you have an instant backup. BACKUP OF EVERYTHING! video, audio, and DMX.

geposted Thu 14 May 09 @ 10:38 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
think your missing the point there hippy, most guys have a back up system in place whether it be cd or ipod or whatever, you may lose vdj but your light's are still active and you move straight onto your back up, that could even be vdj on a second computer

geposted Thu 14 May 09 @ 11:21 am
tayla wrote :
think your missing the point there hippy, most guys have a back up system in place whether it be cd or ipod or whatever, you may lose vdj but your light's are still active and you move straight onto your back up, that could even be vdj on a second computer

I think I got the point.. I even think I stated it exactly..
I just don't think its valid :-) , Especially if your a Video DJ.

Now, if your a DJ with a $20,000.00 lightshow, you would have a point.. As nothing VDJ does (DMX wise) would compare with what martin light jockey can do.. (most of those guy have a dedicated light show DJ)

but in reality, most DJ's have under 8 DMX lights, so an integrated solution would be perfect those guys.

geposted Thu 14 May 09 @ 4:37 pm
If you only have 8 intel lights, use a cheap lighting control board... it'll give you less stress.... Remember the KISS rull.

One thing i learned, don't use VDJ on the same computer as your lighting PC, my club learned that the hard way... most clubs won't spring for a high speed PC untill the current one crashes, bring in a good laptop if your getting paid... If your not getting paid, then find a new hobby or a club that will pay you... most club owners are not to keen on computer tech or DJ software, unless it's a part of there P.O.S. system... best of luck to you.

geposted Sun 24 May 09 @ 8:46 am
WALTER858 wrote :
If you only have 8 intel lights, use a cheap lighting control board... it'll give you less stress.... Remember the KISS rull.

I've done DMX programming on all types. (from theater, to club, to my own system)..
If you have ever programmed a lightshow that contained scanners or LED with a control board VS software (and it doesnt matter the amount of lights) you will agree that a hardware solution can really suck.. Especially when you upgrade to a different light

WALTER858 wrote :
One thing i learned, don't use VDJ on the same computer as your lighting PC, my club learned that the hard way... most clubs won't spring for a high speed PC untill the current one crashes, bring in a good laptop if your getting paid... If your not getting paid, then find a new hobby or a club that will pay you... most club owners are not to keen on computer tech or DJ software, unless it's a part of there P.O.S. system... best of luck to you.

I'm a 15 year MOBILE DJ... and a 10 year electronic Engineer... I think we are simply looking at things from a different perspective :-)

your right, in a Club I would not want or need an all-in-one solution, especially since I could build/install two Desktop computers for under $1500, (and easily hide them)

I used to do installs for an A/V company 'back-in-the-day' :-) trust me, club owners will pay for a good system if it increases their bottom line, it just has to be explained to them right.. Since I am the owner, thank god I don't have to worry about that anymore! LOL

geposted Mon 25 May 09 @ 9:54 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)