Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How can they do it..?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello I just wanna ask that How do the professional djs make a remix... For Example 50 cent - In da Club, U can find at least 100 remixes of it and 30 of them are without the orginal background music... how can they move the orginal music?? plzzzzzzz help me I wanna do like them :D ;) (A)

/Dj Cash

geposted Mon 14 Mar 05 @ 6:04 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
where did you find it. In the music store , or in P2P.

lot of this remix are not official.
it is BootLeg version

geposted Mon 14 Mar 05 @ 6:20 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
They probably use an instumental version, and an acapella version.
then they either create a new mix on the fly, or they open both versions within a multi track sound editing software, and manipulate it until they achieve the desired result.

geposted Mon 14 Mar 05 @ 6:22 pm
That is exactly how I do it. Use instrumentals and acapellas....

MS

geposted Mon 14 Mar 05 @ 6:31 pm
perfekt :D it was the word i searched for

acapella

Perfekt :D luuw ya all

geposted Mon 14 Mar 05 @ 6:41 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
do i smell a new remix from dj_cash ?

post it when you're ready lol

geposted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 7:22 am
hehe I will say it to every vdj user in the world man :p hehe // I have done lots of remixes.. but all of them are with the orginal music in the background...

Dj Cash

geposted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 3:21 pm
I'll add that if you do "mash-ups" or blends, that is is exceedingly weak to use someone else's mashup in your mix. Especially the mashups that get played in every club. If I hear some DJ rip that "Public Enemy - Bring The Noise" with "White Stripes - 7 Man Army" again I am gonna scream. If you must insist on using these mashup gimmicks, at least have the stones to do them live. I did a couple at my last gig at the HoB, and I did them live. It went OK I guess, but the one they went crazy for was Oops I Did Again blended over a 16 beat loop of Drop It Like it's hot (the begining of the track with the snoooopp slide whistle).

geposted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 5:32 pm
hello anewsome, I don't get everything U said... but it's intresting... I really love remixes with to tracks (one loop and one "orginal" song) so do U have any good idea of two tracks I can mix..?

Dj Cash

geposted Mon 21 Mar 05 @ 10:45 am
DJ Cash
A good start would be to analyse your music with mixmeister pro and have all your songs in key code order http://www.harmonic-mixing.com/overview/easymix.mv
Once you have done this you can select music that can be mixed togehter in harmony
Sounds real good for remixing
I do a lot of remixing and i always start with this process
Remix songs that are in the same key code, you will notice a huge difference in blending
Regards
Andre

geposted Mon 21 Mar 05 @ 5:01 pm
Hey Cash, although Andre is right. All the remixes have to sound good together, harmoniclly speaking, it's also about just practicing. For example I remixed Drop It Like It's Hot-Snoop Dogg(acapella) with the instrumental of Go DJ-Lil Wayne. Sounds good. Also try the Acapella of Alicia Keys' Karma with the instrumental of Usher's Burn.

Just some examples...The first thing is to stock up on some instrumentals, acapellas and even some DJ samples that are sold at any DJing store and just practice, practice, practice.

MS

geposted Mon 21 Mar 05 @ 5:45 pm
thanx for all the help guys :D I have heard a remix of Jay-z/Lincin Park - Numb Encore (rock sux) it's a acapella and Usher - Yeah instrumental... it's sounds good.. :D and do anybody of U know any good internet-sote where I can download acapellas and instrumentals..??

Dj Cash

geposted Mon 21 Mar 05 @ 6:32 pm
Hi Again... I just wanna ask that (again) that is it any internet-site where I can download acapellas/instrumentals?

geposted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 2:49 pm
i use CUBASE for it:-)

geposted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 4:08 pm
All this really relates to "bootleg" remixes, not "official" ones. There can also be what's called "re-edits", which is almost the same thing. "Real" remixes are actually done with the original samples used for the original track. They are rearranged, reordered, modified sometimes, and most often new bass and kick drums samples used, with most often a different BPM also... New samples are also added sometimes but not always. Software such as Cubase, Ableton Live, Ableton Recycle, etc... is used to do so.

I'm currently in the process of remixing a track by Solarstone. I previously had done a live re-edit of DJ Black - What with the help of VDJ and I got to say, the end result sounded really good : thanks VDJ!

geposted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 6:35 pm
Anewsome,

When you do your remixes, you say that you do them live. So then, do you open up another instance of VDJ to mix out of it (since both of your players would be tied up with the instrumental on one and the acapella in the other), or do you use cd's, etc. to mix out? Everyone else? Just curious...

Killabee44

geposted Thu 25 Aug 05 @ 11:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)