Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: MIDI mapping in VDJ...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
With so much DJ MIDI gear available on the market these days, there's an ever increasing demand from users to the VDJ dev folks to support more and more different controllers and mixers natively. I wonder if some of this demand could be reduced if the MIDI mapping features were improved so that users could do this mapping themselves.

The main issue that I've experienced is that while you can sent a MIDI command TO vdj without too much hassle, you can't receive midi FROM vdj, which means that lights/displays/motors on the control equipment won't work. How about an improvement to the midi setup page, which allowed the user to map signals like "left deck play" to the appropriate LED on the controller? My Behringer DDM-4000 has a midi note assigned to every LED, but it's a feature that could currently only be fixed by native support. With the improvement I've mentioned, native support would not be needed. More control for us users, less demand on the dev team every time something new turns up, everyone's a winner! :-)

geposted Sun 17 May 09 @ 12:58 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
From VDJ6 sneak preview on facebook:

"....Any controller, be it HID or MIDI, can now be used with VirtualDJ, and every buttons, jog wheels, sliders, LEDs, LCD displays, etc, can be assigned to VDJscript macros to make your controller react exactly as you want it to."

Yay! :-)

geposted Sun 31 May 09 @ 8:21 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)