Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ6 and Numark NS7 (genelar topic) - Page: 18

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I agree with Tjeck1972.

Atomix hasn't to forget that without users which compose this BIG community, this software be worth nothing so it's fitting to say "WE" more than "I".

geposted Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 4:23 am
I find these comments a bit strange too. When the NS7 came out, the official line was that it was not supported by VDJ. It is only recently that the news filtered through that 6.0.2 would have native support. At no time before that was it ever stated by either Atomix or Numark that would be the case.

If Atomix had announced support a while ago then people would have waited, but because nothing was said that is why these forum members tried to create a mapper. All they were trying to do was help .......

geposted Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 7:06 am
by the way, there is a new 64-bit driver for the NS7 available at numark NS7 site.
maybe it will resolve some issues that are not only vdj related.

geposted Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 10:05 am
Hello all.

I have good news and bad news haha.

The good news is I installed Virtual DJ on my PC laptop last night and the NS7 platters worked. As soon as I hit play the platters moved and kept going.

I did encounter a lot of latency and sound problems but I attribute that to my laptop being below the minimum specs.

I also have a vista laptop that I loaded with Virtual DJ. I made the mistake of not installing Itch first so now I can’t see the mappers in virtual DJ.

I will try messing with the registry to delete everything related to Virtual DJ. I think that might allow for a fresh reinstall.

I also kept playing with my Mac. If I shut the platters off and then try to run videos it really doesn’t respond too well. I did install the latest version of Itch before I installed Virtual DJ on my Mac.

If I move the patters backwards to try to scratch, the video and sound freezes. Again I have a very fast Macbook Pro (2.6 ghz with 4 gigs of ram and 512 dedicated video RAM)

On the PC and the MAC when you move the slider pitch the wave form zooms in and out. That doesn’t make any sense to me.

I am recommending 6.0.2 title be changed to BETA for both MAC and PC in the download area. This will give Numark and Virtual DJ time to iron out the issues.

@cstool

From your previous remarks, I’m I to understand that Numark developed the mappers for Virtual DJ and you just added it as a plugin to Virtual DJ.

If so that would explain a lot of things.

geposted Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 10:19 am
dj molaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@cstoll
I can't accept your post ! I just want to remember you that the first map for vdj was made by The VDJ USERS ... and you say that is a CRAP MAP and a CRAP def files !!! So all the work that we made to make the vdj became the first pro dj software to be fully compatible with NS7, is a CRAP work .
well.... first I just want to remember you that :
the actual vdj map is based on our work and on our CRAP files
AND...We did working with you and specially with a member of the vdj team who wanted us to report all the issues of your map
and now that's the only sign of recognition for the vdj users
I'm not a vdj team member but I just want to say to you all : our vdj crap map works correctly and for the platters we did not have all elements that you inclueded in vdj program to make them work correctly .

On 12 jully you received documents from numark about ns7 and you don't share them .you just included them in ns7 def file in vdj program .
I a we gave advises about your def file and map file .....

Some of the elemnts of the ns7 are in the vdj 6.0.2 and not in vdj 6.0.1 !

geposted Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 2:08 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dj mola wrote :
the actual vdj map is based on our work and on our CRAP files

First ... none of the files produced in these forums or the ones in the download area were ever used to build the definition and mapping support for the NS7.

And so maybe the word - CRAP - is a bit harsh ... but the files distributed in the forums are not official and were never recognized as official files -- they were and still are user contributed files. It was an attempt to make somethings work that was not ready for the software.
dj mola wrote :
So all the work that we made to make the vdj became the first pro dj software to be fully compatible with NS7, is a CRAP work .

Well glad to see others recognizing ITCH as not a professional software - I am sure Serato will be glad to hear that ...
dj mola wrote :
I'm not a vdj team member

Your right ...
dj mola wrote :
On 12 jully you received documents from numark about ns7 and you don't share them .you just included them in ns7 def file in vdj program .

Damn, I knew I was forgetting to take someone off my auto distribution list for my emails ... hmmmm ...

Don't know where you get your info from ... but, unless you get the development team or my email ... then you are gravely mistaken. I didn't receive anything from Numark on 12 July
dj mola wrote :
Some of the elements of the ns7 are in the vdj 6.0.2 and not in vdj 6.0.1 !

Yes, there are elements in 6.0.2 that were not in 6.0.1 - because the NS7 was not fully supportable in 6.0.1 - that is why the attempts made to create a definition / mapping were not well done and failed to be complete.

Thank you for assisting and proving my point ....

kingarthurdj wrote :
1. its not fully funtional

Incorrect.
kingarthurdj wrote :
2. dont have the same response during scratching like on itch..

We are not ITCH.
kingarthurdj wrote :
3. when playing a song and turning your browser button you hear this weard sounds...
5. when turning on the keytone button the song gain some interferance...
8. I have noticed popping sounds as well and they won't go away
10. If I turn the platters off everything works fine.

Your performance settings are higher than the capability of your system. Most likely you are running the Safemode and Overclock - checked - and they should be UNCHECKED - and your Latency setting is not on AUTO.
kingarthurdj wrote :
4. using video mixing + the ns7 you will need a really powerfull computer...

Not the case ... If you seen the DJ Larry D demo videos - I can personally tell you that his system is over a year old and no more powerful than what you can get for about $1000-1200 today.
kingarthurdj wrote :
6. the sound quality i think its better on itch..

Difference in drivers - considering ITCH was written with the NS7 in mind I am sure there are custom tweaks that ITCH has that we are not able to do - YET.
kingarthurdj wrote :
7. when you hit the sync button it dont actually sync the bpm only come neer for example 128.0 deck1 and 128.3 the deck2 this means that if you let the two track playing synced for a while youl notice that one is running faster than the other one and they will come off sync!!

That was explained at the release of v6.0 and in v6.0.2 is not the case.
kingarthurdj wrote :
9. I could only hear the audio

Is there more to hear ?
kingarthurdj wrote :
11. If I turn the platters on and press play the platters move one inch.
12. If I move the slide pitch up and down the platters start moving all over the place. They are not calibrated to match the pitch slider setting.

Might want to go back a few posts and read the problems that idjsounds had and how he resolved them.
kingarthurdj wrote :
14. If I run only Itch by itself everything works fine on the NS7.

ITCH was written with the NS7 in mind and as a joint effort between Serato and Numark -- I would expect it to work fine too.
kingarthurdj wrote :
13. I also noticed the wave form at the top of the software will zoom in when I have the slider all the way down (+). If I slide the pitch fader the opposite direction the wave window gets very small.

This is with every controller -- depending on the pitch percentage the 'zoom' change can be as little or great in size -- use a 6% settings you will see little change -- with 100% you will see a very large change ... this has always been in the application.

@idjsounds - thank for not giving up and back tracking your steps to find a resolution to your initial issue. As for the Mac issue you are still faced with ... check your performance settings are start with the Performance slider FULL LEFT and the Latency setting on AUTO. Then work your way up from there. Just because you have a powerful system (which is the same Mac I have) does not mean you can necessarily run the highest setting.

geposted Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 4:39 pm
@cstoll

I appreciate all your hard work and feedback. I believe we are heading in the right direction with regards to the NS7 and being able to run VDJ with it.
However, after doing some initial testing with the latest release 6.0.2 and making sure I followed all the guidance you provided in the forums, I still have a few problems.

My Specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.20GHz
3.00GB of Ram
USB 2.0

Has the VDJ team tested with the minimum specs posted? are they satisfied with the results? does VDJ recognize that there could be some performance issues here?

I think perhaps if I had a really beastly machine...it might work, but I would expect the minimum requirements to be accurate, in that I currently exceed them.

@Everyone

It is very much necessary to do a clean install of VDJ when upgrading to 6.0.2. I had to go in using regedit to remove all instances of VDJ. Once I reinstalled, I configured VDJ following procedures outlined in this forum. I then fired it up using the left Deck, and was very encouraged, however the GUI of the platter was a little delayed.

That's where my encouragement stopped. I then fired up the right deck with the left deck, and the platter GUI's completely stopped responding. So i'm really trying to overload the system, to see if it's club worthy, and then I tried to stop the song and could not. The pause/play button had no effect and the VDJ became very unresponsive and delayed. Reverse/bleep responds correctly sometimes, however, I did manage to get the song stuck playing reverse and the only way to get it to stop playing reverse was to restart VDJ. I'll see if I can take a video of the issues I'm having to help the dev team out and vent a little of us users frustrations.

I didn't expect everything to work perfect, but I was hoping to be able to take the system live this weekend, however, I'm going to have to stick itch for now. But I will remain hopeful for the next release.

Much progress has been made, but I don't think the system is ready for primetime yet, at least not with these min specs posted.

geposted Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 5:34 pm
Guys... This is how i got the Ns7 to work. Lets start by saying that you need a serious rig to make this happen these are my specs. Even with this machine I still have some issues. Also I found that the problems that i continue to have are not latency issues. I ran the latency tester and latency is always in the green no matter what i do. These are problems that in my own humble opinion have something to do with the platter Gui and some of the mapping. Atomix and Numark both need to be a little more realistic and raise the minimum sys requirements. Its gonna take sometime for the two companies to come together and work out a solution so be patient and remember that it is not atomixs responsibility to make this work. keep in mind that the Ns7 was created by Numark and engineered to work with itch.
Atomix has no obligation to anyone and it is totaly up to them to decide if they want to support it or not If anyone should be held responsible for the false advertising it should be Numark. So be patient because Atomix has never let us down. its just going to take some time.

Alienware M17x
Intel Core2 Duo T9800 2.93GHz (6MB Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
8 GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
500GB 7,200RPM 12mb cache
1GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M

geposted Thu 03 Sep 09 @ 10:57 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Maybe you need to get the quad core version, that might be the issue :).. Anyways that's a nice system.
-DJ Kavika (David)

geposted Fri 04 Sep 09 @ 3:46 pm
pOpYDJPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am expecting the same sound/latency problems with 6.0.2!!!

With latency checker all the bars are green! v5.2.1 with RMX and 6.0.1 with the NS7 (and the mapper files from the download sections) runs great!! Thanks for this to you NS/ VDJ Users!!!!!!!

Just in 6.0.2 i have this latency problems!! I have opend up a german thread and tried severals "performance" tweaks with the silder and the overclock and safemode options, with no success.

I have an 2Ghz Cor2Duo with 2GB Ram and Windows XP "Audio Optimized".

So please could anyone of the ATOMIX team post the MINIMUM Specs for VDJ 6.0.2 with the NS7.

On which System was the v6.0.2 release testet with the NS7???

Whats about the MIC??

cu
pOpY

geposted Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 11:42 am
could we get a recap from start to finish for both operating systems, including a conservative minimum system requirement?
i'm still having no luck getting the ns7 to work properly on my macbookpro (2.26ghz/2g RAM)
i have the same issues as many of the other users here (i.e. platter moves breifly then quits when pressing play, sliding pitch fader activates platter - when i do this on my right deck the motor makes disturbing click/pop noises within the chassis)
btw, i don't see how reducing performance or adjusting latency will have an effect on whether or not the platter will engage when the pitch fader is moved, can someone explain that to me?

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 12:41 am
@cstool

I did have the performance set to the fastest setting with auto selected and my platters still do not move after pressing start on my MACBOOK pro.

My PC laptop works but has a lot of problems.

Does anyone on this forum have 6.0.2 working properly with the NS7 on a MAC. If so what is the secret???????????

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 2:30 pm
After reading all the problems people are having with version 6, I won't consider buying this at all for the NS7 until all the kinks are worked out.

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 2:37 pm
@idjsounds
i have the identical problems your having with the NS7...
i was curious as to how it functions on your pc...i might have to try a PC today to try and console myself for this purchase

does the platter continue to turn on PC? instead of turning for a split sec then stop, like on the mac

does the pitch fader control the pitch instead of jerking the motor around on the ns7? like on the mac

does vdj still crash when you open large music folders on the pc? like it does on the mac

honestly this is false advertising if vdj wants to call this native support.
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/native_support

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 4:14 pm
hi all,

i am not sure i agree with everything said above,

Numark clearly advertises the NS7 as a device that can be used with other software, sure it is being sold with itch, but there should be no reason why i wouldn't be able to work with other software, maybe there should be a bit more communication and cooperation between numark and software developers. whoe knows
also i don't agree with the statement that vdj is FULLY working with the NS7. For instance, the bleep function doesn't work CORRECTLY.
it does do something when you flip it, but nog what is should do. also the knobs for slow start and stop do no respond.
When installed and setup correctly, the combination of vdj/NS7 does work and is very well usable, i used it for a number of sets now without a problem.
I also don't think a lot of problems come from slow system specs, but more from bad setup or installation.
Using a newly installed windows without other software virus scanners or traces of a beta version of the midi mapper, should give u a well working system. Also when you are experiencing sound problems, try disabling onbord soud cards in your bios.
I use a quad core 3 ghz with 8 gig of ram and 3 velociraptors in raid 0 on a P45 chipset with windows 7, the cpu gage will not even show little elevation, maybe a little when turning both platters at the same time clockwise.
I am not saying all problems are your own fault, and there is still quite a bit of development to come, but i think it is better than itch at this point.
i cannot speak for mac users offcourse.
Also i think the initiative of some users for creating the beta mapper should be a bit more respected, it might not have worked very well, but is was a start, and a good one for non professionals.

geposted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 5:07 pm
My first gig with NS7 and VDJ 6.0.2 this weekend.

I marked only one issue.
Used for mixing videos.
When platters are on, then BPM SYNC is unstable. Right plate moves little bit faster then left. This problem disapeared when i turned platters off. So i used platters ON only when i scratchin´. Otherwise worked ewerything fine.

USING:

Win XP, latest DirectX, Dual core 2,6 GHz, 2 GB ram, Nvidia 512 MB, System disc 60 BG, 2x strage disk 750 GB, I´m not saying its great, but it´s on good way. :-)

Regards to all Tjeck

geposted Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 4:57 am
that is one issue i mentiont earlier,
sync IS unstable when platters ar on, they shift out of sync,
when you turn the platters off, beats will stay perfectly in sync.
turning the platters from 33rpm to 45 rpm makes no difference.
when the platters are off vdj will respond more like a pioneer cdj 1000 (the outer ring)

VDJ has this problem been adressed before, and if so what is the solution

geposted Mon 07 Sep 09 @ 6:03 am
HELLO

can anyone confirm if the ns7 is working correctlly on numark cue 6.02 ???
or virtual dj 6.02 and cue 6.02 are actually the exact same thing???
* i mean i know they are the same but related to the ns7 they both have problems??
numark did not did some aditional or extra ''tweaks'' to the software??

geposted Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 1:33 am
@kingarthurdj
Problems that i marked in VDJ i marked also on CUE.
CUE even don´t support some VOB´s.
Regards Tjeck

geposted Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 4:46 am
@antigolith

Here are your answers:

i have the identical problems your having with the NS7...
i was curious as to how it functions on your pc...i might have to try a PC today to try and console myself for this purchase

It's giving me a lot of problems on a PC but it's below minimum specs. I was just curious to see if there was something wrong with my NS7.

does the platter continue to turn on PC? instead of turning for a split sec then stop, like on the mac

Yes the platters continue to turn on a PC. It worked every time I pressed stop and play.

does the pitch fader control the pitch instead of jerking the motor around on the ns7? like on the mac

Pitch works fine. When you move the slider the platters speed up or slow down like they should.

does vdj still crash when you open large music folders on the pc? like it does on the mac

When I tried loading a video it would freeze after one back scratch. I attribute this to low PC specs.

honestly this is false advertising if vdj wants to call this native support.
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/native_support

I think they should call it a beta release for MAC.

I'm sure a lot of people are having this issue.

Be very carefull when installing 6.0.2. You must install Itch and the driver before installing 6.0.2 otherwise it won't work.

geposted Tue 08 Sep 09 @ 4:33 pm
90%