Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: What is your dream skin?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

5'8", Blonde, lol

No, seriously:
Wide screen, 3 turntables, headphone slider, eq sliders, all the stuff w/default skin, load records w/keystrokes, mouseless volume control (of individual desks), m4p support, the world on a platter.

How about you?

geposted Wed 30 Mar 05 @ 6:29 am
I would love to see a 16 or 32 band eq. intergrated in the skin for those who don't use an external mixer.
I know that there are plugins for this. But intergrated in the skin.

5' 9" :)

MS

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 4:00 am
And I on the other hand prefer skins without "Software Mixer Variations" SMV's...I always intend to be using an external mixer with whatever software I will be using, that is something I have specified from the start...I find it is much easier to work with and more flexible. You cannot do 2 things at once with a mouse pointer and it's generally faster.

Something that really functions just like my old Dual-Trasport CD Decks with a Search and Playlist under it for the rest of the screen, no mixer and the ability to still switch between Search, Samples, FX etc. I use DAC-2 so I would love to see a visual representation of the loop an FX that are activated, Have them change colour between RED - Unselected, AMBER - Selected, NOT Active, GREEN - Active Loop/FX.
I wouldn't be too bothered if there was no JOG on screen as long as there was a very distinct indication of decks that are playing, so you dont go to stop them...I'll admit I have done it LIVE

I'd love it to be a HI-Res skin (well actually 2 format a: 1024x768 for emergency on 15" b: 1280x1024) that will give me plenty of playlist and searching space.

I would love for VDJ to become a pannel app...where every skin would be made up of pannel's and individual user's could select which elements they wanted to include eg. software mixer, eq, jogdials.

Just a few thoughts there...let me know what else you want, hopefully we'll see a super skin soon :-)

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 5:03 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
3 turntables.. it will be interesting..

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 12:06 pm
4 would even be better without having to use multi instance skins.

MS

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 4:42 pm
No cross-fader (don't most of us use external mixer?). No EQ. No Volume sliders. Multiple skip beat buttons. Pitch reset button (gradual) and an actual pitch reset button! No scratch interface. Please no more cheesy pictures of spinning vinyl (If your setup is all digital with no actual vinyl, then yes...it is cheesy). Large waveform Red/Green, Best indicator of which is active...And/Or...Huge Track Info Display!

A very simple looking interface, for the hot key or external control user. Multiple color schemes for mood change :)

Break.

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 8:19 pm
for those who like the cheezy spining vinyl look I would love to see a battle style position of the TTs. maybe a vertical waveform to show left and right instead of having it horizontal. But I agree with most here that the crossfader should go for external mixers.

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 9:01 pm
paisanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
"A very simple looking interface, for the hot key or external control user."

Break, I just got done doing this to the apopsis skin. I put all of my hotkeys on the skin itself so I have no more need for keyboard labels. If you want I can do this to your favorite skin if you send me a list of what keys you use and which skin you want them on.

DJ WHTDVL: the battle style turntables are a cosmetic thing that I should be able to do if you want me to give it a try.

Paisan

geposted Sun 03 Apr 05 @ 3:48 am
I would love to see the FLOOP skin with battle style TTs there with extra loop buttons (32 and 64) at a 1280x1024 resolution as well as a 1024x768.

Those are the resolutions I mostly use.

DJ White Devil

geposted Sun 03 Apr 05 @ 8:22 am
I'll give it a try and see what I can come up with.

geposted Sun 03 Apr 05 @ 2:52 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Personally I would like to see all of the skins available in more resolutions. I know that most users are able to use 1024x768, but more and more users will be wanting at least 1280x800 and higher. (my laptop is 1280x800) I don't know if any of the other skins would un-seat my current favorite (thanks again Jim!) But it would be nice to at least be able to have a look at them.

Of course right now as you go higher than 1024x768, you are catering to somewhat less users. And each step above 1280x800 will be for less and less users, and so on.

geposted Sun 03 Apr 05 @ 5:47 pm
Ive done some intial work on a FLOOP/TCV skin with battle style turntables. If anyone is interested Ill send an email with the file so you guys can take a look and give me any ideas and/or suggestions you have. Like I said this was just a quickie to see what could possibly be done. If there is not any interest then I wont take it any further.

Ive also done some work to the apopsis skin by changing colors around and adding in my hotkeys directly on the screen displays so no keyboard labler is needed if anyone is interested in that let me know and I'll send that too.

geposted Mon 04 Apr 05 @ 7:07 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What is sure is that the best, VERY BEST skins I tried were mines... LOL What I mean is : everybody needs and wants sooo differents stuffs in their skins for so many reasons. It's about impossible to create a skin that will feet all the needs for now. The only way to get this dreamed skin is... to make it.

FRUiT94

geposted Tue 05 Apr 05 @ 1:23 am

I think that is absolutely what is missing in the "skins" sections of the site. I was trying to do a skin that looks like this:

- Two Technics MK-II turntables (of course it would be great to have 3 of them if possible)
- One mixer (I like Gemini's PMX-540i, but since we already have Pioneer's, we should use it)
- a "loop machine" (hardware look and feel;, basic buttons from 1/8 to 32)

Resolution: 1280 x 800

I even have scanned images of the hardware, but I need a lot of time to develop it... anyone interested in joining me for the project?

what do you guys think about it?

geposted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 10:35 am

The Denon 1800F when starting is as simple as a pro dj would need it to be : no mixer! no crossfader. Just two decks, a big waveform, and the browser. Did you give it a try? Does it really respond to what a pro needs? Tell me I need comments...

FRUiT94

geposted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 6:55 pm
Sounds good...I was turned off by the screen-shot, but I'll try it. I was thinking of starting to skin for myself. Graphics are no problem and the xml seems easy, just takes a lot of time I imagine.

Break.

geposted Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 8:05 am
Fruit, I downloaded the Dennon skin as you suggested to me in "Dream Skin" but I was a little dissapointed. Your work is very good...it's a me problem - I have this thing that I only work at 1024x768.

I can think of a few improvements for it if you're willing? Maybe a couple of other ideas although I'm working in the morning and it's getting late.

I also have a loops query for another time?

Ross.

geposted Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 3:12 am
Yeah, 800x600 is easier on resources...but the small browser is not good. Other than that, it's pretty cool.

geposted Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 5:44 am
Yo Ross

Don't hesitate to ask me your queries. I can't promise I will add it but I surely will think about...

FRUiT94

geposted Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 8:59 am
gvmusicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
fav skin, something that will emulate the default skin with more room for playlist and that is 1440x900

thanks

geposted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 5:26 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)