Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: How about a scratch-back loop feature?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

This would be a great effect, if only someone who knew how to program it..

I use a lot of 4b or 8b loops when I'm beat mixing. I'd like to take it to the next level, but I'm not very good at scratching. I think this is something that could be automated and easy for everyone. How about for a 4b loop, the last 1/2b the effect could add a scratch as part of the loop, automatically putting it in time. and for an 8b loop, how about a scratch-a-scratch for the last 1/2 b of the loop.

If someone was really good, they could record 4-6 scratch sounds, with a user selecting which one they like, and that would be the automatic scratch-back loop. which would make all of the newbies like me sound really good.

I'm pretty sure, this would be one of the most popular effects: like brake, flanger, loop out, flippin doubles, etc.

geposted Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 9:58 am
...or you could learn to scratch. The basics are not that hard.

geposted Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 3:18 pm
Or a feature could be developed for those who are too busy learning other things. I like the idea, as I don't scratch enough to need to learn it like a pro, but I could see his request as a nice work-around for the occasional scratcher.

geposted Mon 06 Jul 09 @ 10:25 pm
If you're too busy "learning other things" to take the time to learn how to scratch, AND you need a loop feature to do the scratching for you then it's time to throw in the towel. But like so many newb DJs you just want the software to do it all for you. I need some Gravol (TM) because you're making me sick to my stomach.

By the way, here's a link that you won't use... http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=scratch+tutorials&search_type=&aq=f

geposted Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 2:39 am
To: DizzyRocks - your first post was kind of mean and pointless. if you want to feel better by making fun of me as I'm trying to learn something, whatever. This is a wish list for possible VDJ features, you know. At least in the second post, the link has some good examples. To be honest, it's still over my head for now, but seeing how they do it is helpful. Seeing the technique, I'm not sure how I can do that using a keyboard/mouse for the scratch with one hand and the crossfader with the other, (probably need to buy an external controller) I still think you're a d-bag, but I'm sure you're better at scratching than me...congrats

To: everyone else. The above slap in the face got me thinking. I was trying to explain to a buddy what I was talking about and sampled a scratch and worked it in my sample bank during the loop at the time, and what do you know, I can do it myself. It's definitely not "scratching" but I can make the scratching sound noise whenever I want it using the keyboard shortcuts. I'm planning on sampling 4-6 scratches and using a section of my sample bank, with the noise available at the push of a button. anybody interested can use this technique with very little practice, in fact my idea of having the scratch at the very last part of the loop didn't exactly sound right, I put it more in the middle. It would probably only work some of the time if automated with a fixed point for the scratch in the loop.

again, DR, thanks for the link, can't say I'll be good yet, but I'll keep trying

geposted Tue 07 Jul 09 @ 5:31 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)