Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video Jingle Sampler (to overide video output)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

What would be really great is if we could have some kind of video sampler which would overide the output video while playing and then fade back to the video playing when it has finished.

For example I would love to be able to while mixing from one video to another hit a control key and play a video sample (video only) of my animated logo (about 4 seconds long) which would overide the video output while the logo plays and then switch back to the regular video output as soon as it has finished. Sort of like when a jingle plays but with video instead.

I hope this makes sense perhaps it could be integrated into a pimped up sampler. The effect would be something like this guy does with his logo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlQ_KqmTSBw

geposted Wed 21 Oct 09 @ 7:24 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Great idea! Would like to see it as part of the existing audio sampler though... it would be nice to have video clips to go with my various drops and acapellas I have in my sampler...

geposted Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 5:15 am
djsherz wrote :
Great idea! Would like to see it as part of the existing audio sampler though... it would be nice to have video clips to go with my various drops and acapellas I have in my sampler...

Both of you guys couldn't have said it better. This is one of the most useful options I can see in a future update. This will definitely take video djying to another level with possibilities of triggering video samples on the fly. As a further suggestion,since all the videos imported may have a high CPU load, spit the sampler section into 6 audio 6 video.

geposted Wed 28 Oct 09 @ 6:26 pm
djlivstrong wrote :
djsherz wrote :

Both of you guys couldn't have said it better. This is one of the most useful options I can see in a future update. This will definitely take video djying to another level with possibilities of triggering video samples on the fly. As a further suggestion,since all the videos imported may have a high CPU load, spit the sampler section into 6 audio 6 video.

I'd rather keep the 12 audio and add 12 video as the sampler section is pretty huge in screen real estate for what it does. I dont think it would add huge cpu load as it would be used for short video clips that may only run for a few seconds at a time.

geposted Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 12:47 pm
How about my idea to have videos & pics linked to a songs (or videos) CUE POINTS..

would that idea work with what your talking about?

it wouldnt be "on the fly" but you could 'preplan' some of your cooler effects and ideas..

geposted Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 3:39 pm
hippydog wrote :
How about my idea to have videos & pics linked to a songs (or videos) CUE POINTS..

would that idea work with what your talking about?

it wouldnt be "on the fly" but you could 'preplan' some of your cooler effects and ideas..

Not really what I am looking for, the way I suggested would be great for dropping in short video clips, animated logos etc between mixes and would also be great for quick on the fly censoring of certain videos.

I do enough pre planning already dont really want to add to it. If I want to do that I edit videos myself.

geposted Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 6:27 pm
Yea I agree thats what alot of the dvs companies are trying to deviate from nowadays "The pre planning." Many of the times when you create a set I'm sure that something gets left out and the need for doing stuff on the fly is needed. I also agree 12 audio 12 video and they can wasily both fit into that skin because the volume sliders of the audio can be shorter.

geposted Sat 31 Oct 09 @ 11:27 am
Ha!!! Had a look at the first few pages of Wishes & New Features and found this thread.

Had this idea for a while as I do use jingles now and then and would like to use Video jingles as the next step.

Seems we're half way there already with the clipbank, just need sound added. :-)

geposted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 2:56 am
That will be SICK!

But the audio for the sampler is still lacking.. Is there a way to create a plugin that sets a "gain" for the sampler? For louder samples?

Thanks!!

geposted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 8:05 am
djsherz wrote :

after thinking about it.. an 'all-in-one' video/audio sampler would be pretty cool.
with the ability to run either just audio or just video or both..

the one thing I was thinking of, is if a video sample had a light bass beat with it, it could be synced with the playing deck and looped just like the audio samples are now..

To make it usable though...
the sampler would have to be changed to 6 instead of 12 but with 'pages' or 'tabs'..
IE: 4 'pages' of 6 samples would give you easy access to 24 samples but still see a picture of each sample.. (if its video)

geposted Wed 09 Dec 09 @ 10:22 am
hippydog wrote :
djsherz wrote :

after thinking about it.. an 'all-in-one' video/audio sampler would be pretty cool.
with the ability to run either just audio or just video or both..

the one thing I was thinking of, is if a video sample had a light bass beat with it, it could be synced with the playing deck and looped just like the audio samples are now..

To make it usable though...
the sampler would have to be changed to 6 instead of 12 but with 'pages' or 'tabs'..
IE: 4 'pages' of 6 samples would give you easy access to 24 samples but still see a picture of each sample.. (if its video)

Well Said Hippy.

geposted Thu 10 Dec 09 @ 9:16 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
can someone please test this?

video_fx_select "Clipbank" & video_fx_button 1 & video_fx active on & sampler 1 play_pause

geposted Sat 12 Dec 09 @ 11:01 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)