Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Lets Get the Basics

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Been reading and watching video after video and how to after how to..Im trying to learn the basics of scrathing, from what i read see and hear no one has said how to hold the platter or the vinyl...]

Do you
A) hold the vinyl or just graze it
B) do hold the side of the platter and the vinyl
C) is the platter supposed to stop or do you apply enough pressure just to get the effect from it..

notice these are all things im trying and not coming out successful to my own liking, also does the slip mat determine how much pressure will need to be applied

lets get the info pourin' in .

DJ to DJ in training Peace

geposted Sat 07 Nov 09 @ 9:30 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Invest in some high quality slip mates. Then only hold the vinyl...

geposted Sun 08 Nov 09 @ 3:36 am
Some of the youtube videos do demonstrate how to hold and move the vinyl to get the desired sound. Are you using turntables or a controller to scratch with?

OO

geposted Sun 08 Nov 09 @ 7:44 am
I am now using turntables ,controller is now my mixer

@TearEmUp- so the mats will make a difference as for trying to keep the vinyl only still and letting the TT keeping going, am i understandiing you correct"

geposted Sun 08 Nov 09 @ 11:06 am

geposted Sun 08 Nov 09 @ 11:29 am
@00

on the article tips for scractching, i havent set up the needle n cartridge befor, i have th stanton t52 which comes with mounted headshell but for the life of me i cant figure out this weight it supposedly on here and if i even set up the arm correctly where would i find this and how would i know i set it up corretly.

geposted Sun 08 Nov 09 @ 12:40 pm
also what do the different sides of the vinyl mean..i mean the times on them

geposted Sun 08 Nov 09 @ 12:55 pm
mistah_p wrote :
@00

on the article tips for scractching, i havent set up the needle n cartridge befor, i have th stanton t52 which comes with mounted headshell but for the life of me i cant figure out this weight it supposedly on here and if i even set up the arm correctly where would i find this and how would i know i set it up corretly.

Is it a thing that screws in the top of the headshell? Did they come with 2g and 4g weights? When i used TTs, i turned the weight on the end of the tonearm backwards and used the 4g weight on the headshell.

geposted Mon 09 Nov 09 @ 1:27 am
mistah_p wrote :
also what do the different sides of the vinyl mean..i mean the times on them

Could you be more specific? Are you talking about the TCVs? if so, they are the same on each side. I would mark one side to ware one at a time. Unlike tire rotation LOL.

geposted Mon 09 Nov 09 @ 1:33 am

Is it a thing that screws in the top of the headshell? Did they come with 2g and 4g weights? When i used TTs, i turned the weight on the end of the tonearm backwards and used the 4g weight on the headshell.

there is nothing on top of the headshell, im not pro so i cant post a pic but as far as the tone arm there is a weight with what appears to b the anti skip all in one...

this is the headshell and stylus::: http://www.stantondj.com/v2/cartridge/cartridges_500v3.php
this is the tonearm http://www.stantondj.com/v2/prod_t52_gal.asp

and yes i mean the TCV,,

geposted Mon 09 Nov 09 @ 7:24 am
mistah_p wrote :
there is nothing on top of the headshell, im not pro so i cant post a pic but as far as the tone arm there is a weight with what appears to b the anti skip all in one...and yes i mean the TCV,,

Ok here are my needles(stanton 505);
don't know much about ur tonearm but here is one of my old Akai's;
I turned the weight backwards. anti skip on zero
hope this helps mane

geposted Mon 09 Nov 09 @ 7:41 pm
mine didnt come with weights...i need to get some then. my shell looks like that without the weigh on it...

geposted Mon 09 Nov 09 @ 8:40 pm
ok. is there a space for weights? if not, got these @ guitar center for a good price. i think bout 50 to 70 dollars. Its been bout 3 years. But try to work with what you got. Dont catch that bug. I forgot the name of it but dont buy things cause you think you need it. try what you got. I got that bug, bought sh*t loads of stuff i didnt need and now ebay is my bestfriend. Jus a lil' advice bro.
oh.. did you try the tonearm thing?

geposted Mon 09 Nov 09 @ 11:56 pm
nahhh hadnt tried tht yet..but i think it was you but i saw somebody say they pushed the weight towards the front end of the arm....im just getting into scratcchin so im trying that out....as for the shell weights, yeah since i have not been scratchin.. i prob will hold out and get a lil well a lot of practice and comfort under my belt before i look at changing needles and stuff..//thanks bro-hamm

geposted Tue 10 Nov 09 @ 7:28 am

geposted Wed 18 Nov 09 @ 11:12 pm
Weights !! back in my day we would get a penny and blu tak it to the top

geposted Sat 17 Apr 10 @ 6:01 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)