Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Drifters - Under The Boardwalk (A Cappella) Wanted

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi All,

Does anyone know where I can get hold of this. I work in a club called The Boardwalk an the owner wanst to mak this our exit tune. So as not be repetitive I have already got The Drifters, Bruce Willis & Tom Tom CLub versions. However I think we could do more.

The BPM of the track is actually about 125, so qould work well with most current genre's of music. If I can get hold of the a cappella version I can try creating my own versions from instrumetals and a carefully cued a cappella...

Any ideas...?

I've thought of going the whole hog and getting my own versions done (at the club owners expense of course). I know someone who can lay own a few backing tracks in different genrs, and I know a very, very good Drifters tribute act and could see if they would record it for me!!

Until then, the a cappella will have to do...

Roy

geposted Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 9:05 am
Hey roy,

I also used to work at a club called The Boardwalk. You could probably kill most of the background beat of the Drifters with some EQ fiddling and mix it over another track. Personally, I always preferred to play the same closing song every night - it let's people know the night's really over... One of my favorite closers is the Banana Boat song. People would be singing that song all the way out to the parking lot, leaving happy!

geposted Wed 20 Jan 10 @ 8:39 pm
Agreed. I have used Sweet Caroline, Mustang Sally and New York, New York! Not only does it say 'finished' but puts people in a 'happy' mood after a sing-a-long and they actually saw a drop in trouble outside the club...

Unfortunately, this new club doesn't yet have enough customers at the end of the night for this to be a problem!!!

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 2:22 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)