Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: First Mix!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

geposted Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 8:13 am
Dang I almost missed this!!!!!

Sometimes we get in a hurry and overlook life changing moments like YOUR FIRST MIX!

I LIKE IT, no suggestions though cuz it sounds so good!

Gratz man! I'm really happy I took a look at this and listened!

From what I can hear you definitely have talent and a great ear!

I really like your choices in music and the transitions from one genre to another! WOW

I listened to the whole set and don't have any issues with anything you played!

I'd be on the floor for that whole set!

I'd like to hear more!!!!!!!!!

I DO HAVE ONE SERIOUS ISSUE THOUGH!

AND IT IS WITH YOUR GENERATIONS MUSIC!

WOW, I've been listening and working with the music from my generation and YOU HAVE OPENED MY EYES!

Dang this generation has incredible music!

Now I'll have to do massive updates to my collection CUZ NOW I WANNA PLAY THIS MUSIC! lol

geposted Sun 28 Feb 10 @ 12:14 am
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Nice! That's a tight mix and a very good example for those posting on the beatmatching thread of how it should sound. Actually, I just might post a link there.
Good work on the electro to Hip Hop transitions. You must know the music very well to make it sound that good. It sounds good not to hear vocals over vocals which is difficult on tracks which are mostly vocals.
One thing I would say it to try to keep the bass on the track you're playing until the bass drops in the next track or bring in the bass on the track you're bringing in as you take out the bass on the track you're playing to avoid leaving the mix with no bass. The bass in the transitions sounds very good in the second half of the mix but not so great in some of the first half.

Awesome mix man. It would be really cool to hear you live.

geposted Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 4:55 am
Haha I LOVE the feedback guys. I appreciate the positivity in your posts! Its a real encouragement for me as I have only been DJing for a little over a month. I'm still very new to the game and I have a lot to learn yet. I have high aspirations and will definitely be recording more mixes with the same Dance/Electro/Hip-hop feel (that is my specialty). I am working on playing a gig at a local night club so hopefully I will be getting more music out there. Stay tuned :)

geposted Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 11:17 pm
Dude U Rock. That kick ass. I hope you dont mind me useing that. Your full of shit if your telling me thats your first mix. Peace out!

geposted Tue 02 Mar 10 @ 10:18 pm
I just got done with it, I need more please. AWESOME!

geposted Tue 02 Mar 10 @ 10:23 pm

geposted Wed 03 Mar 10 @ 4:36 pm
DJ Daniel Rave wrote :
Hey guys! I uploaded my mix on YouTube for people to check out. Check it out and give me some feedback!

Here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WTNpuJSmxo

A few tips from dj to dj.

- Watch your gains as love is gone (high) --> love in this club (lower). Adjusting your gains will improve your mix A LOT!
- When beat matching, try to get a few beats before the vocals come in or when the previous song drops to just a beat.
- Also play with your EQ's if you have them. See which one does what when you turn it.

Dont take this as any bad criticism. Everyone here started from somewhere. No one was the perfect dj and it takes A Lot of practice.

geposted Wed 03 Mar 10 @ 6:28 pm
OKay now we need a tracklist..cuz these definitely are mixed songs being mixed in together... Tracklist please!!! i really like that american boy song...

geposted Fri 05 Mar 10 @ 5:26 am
Hey Did you use any external hardware or just witj VDJ.. on your PC...i need to know pls . thank you.

geposted Mon 08 Mar 10 @ 7:56 am
PjockHome userMember since 2010
Simple just have instrumental or mixed with vocal in one or two deck.
Have a partial vocal of your 2nd deck what ever is comfortably either scratching the 1st or 2nd deck.
Have your loop sample induced to you an have a mix night 24/7 mix party in your radio station.

geposted Wed 24 Mar 10 @ 2:50 pm

geposted Thu 01 Apr 10 @ 11:33 am
@swissbobo - No external hardware, just my Mac and VDJ. I'm still waiting to get my hands on some equipment.

geposted Thu 01 Apr 10 @ 11:35 am
Hey ! I loved your mix man! It was amazing. I especailly liked your transitions, and the usher song was amazing ! Tight mix is all i can say lol :)

geposted Thu 08 Apr 10 @ 5:14 pm
Hey man, just a couple of advises from your mix. First do a review of the songs you are using. Check for BPM, what Key they are playing. Make sure you have breaking parts (that's part of the song that it's only instrumental and there you be creative). Play with the effects more wisely so it will sound like it's part of the song. And the best advise I can give you is play sober, because drunk won't let you undersand the mistakes you will be making during the recording. That's fine if you at a party or in a gig you wanna be drunk and play like that, but for recording purpose you should be more concetrated in the work you are doing. I come from the Vinyl era and if you don't know the breaking parts and know about 4, 8, 16 or 32 beats then you wouldn't be able to mix, because it's super easy with Virtual, but very hard to do with vinyl & CD Players if you don't know how to. Don't take my advise as something negative, I just want to be real with you. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Check this mix just to give you an idea. It's not perfect but you would understand my opinion. Best Regards......

http://www.4shared.com/audio/jvHFlYFF/DJ_George_Louis_-_Live_Remix_0.html

geposted Mon 12 Apr 10 @ 11:37 am
@ Mc Chrissy- Thanks for the post! I love the encouragement!

@Georgeluis- Thank you for the great advice. I love any and all feedback I receive and I am always looking to improve!

geposted Mon 12 Apr 10 @ 11:41 am
I listened to your entire mix. It was good for a first recorded mix. However, I noticed that you either lowered the volume or reduced the gain at certain transitions in your mix. The most noticeable transitions occur at about 5:40, 6:59, 8:25, and 9:25. Consequently, here are a few suggestions to consider for your next mix:

• Loop part of the song that you want to bring into the mix for about 8 beats (try to use an instrumental part) and let it play along with the song that’s playing while adjusting the beat matching.

• When you get to the point in the song that’s playing where the transition is to occur, fade in the other song that you have looped. Another suggestion is to also loop a certain part of the song that’s playing where the transition is to occur. This eliminates the concern that you might have for missing a certain point in a song where the transition is to occur.

• Use cue points to mark certain points in a song that you can return to if you were unable to bring in another song when a transition is to occur (this should be done on beat). This is useful for live mixing. You can also do this for the song that you're bringing into the mix that has a transition point you are using that's not near the beginning of a song but you want to return to the beginning after the transition is made (this should also be done on beat).

• Don’t lower the volume or reduce the gain; instead, reduce the bass by about half on the song that’s playing while you fade in the next song (This is only a guide, so you have to use your ears to decide how much bass to remove). When you get good at this, you should be able to gradually reduce the bass while simultaneously fading in the next song. This is easy to do with a mixer or using certain controllers that allow you to reduce the bass. Sometimes, it's better not to remove any bass when mixing certain songs (this helps create a vibe in your mix). A vibe is a sensation that you feel flow through your body when certain parts of songs are mixed together.

• Try using multi-track software to record and edit your live mix. This thread might help you accomplish this (6th post):

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/126365/Mix_lessons/First_Mix.html

Overall, it was good for a first recorded mix.

Double O

geposted Mon 12 Apr 10 @ 5:55 pm
@Double O- Wow, thanks for the great post! :)

geposted Wed 21 Apr 10 @ 7:22 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)