Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: "Organizing V Folders"

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I tried discussing this topic before ,not sure if anyone realized how this could improve your folders? In VDJ ,when you create a virtual folder and begin to add your music ,there´s some organization conflict!

For example I create a "Deep House folder" ,also I create a "Soulful House folder". I begin to add all music accordingly of course there would be many more folders created also.

So let´s say im clicked onto "Deep House" and I type in the search box ,for another track that´s "Soulful House" , it will appear we know that.

But , it does´nt tell you where this track is placed in what folder it´s in! So ,if you like to organize your music well like me it´s a bitch !Because ,if you have a main folder your pulling your music from into VDJ which could be thousands of tracks ,you´ll never remember what you put into VDJ and into what folder.

Think about it! Im sure some of you realize this already. Im telling you it´s annoying ,it´s not about you finding it ,so it does´nt matter where it is! Which was the comment I got last time about this!

Plus it also helps you to recognize your tracks ,as to what genre or sub genre it may be ,or what party favorites are in what folder how many you have etc ,etc.

Im not saying to do anything complicated here just to be able to track atleast if your track is doubled ,in what other folder it´s in or if it´s even in your VDJ database yet!

Cause I constantly update new tracks and forget if I even put it into VDJ or if it´s still in my C:/MUSIC/CRATE/MP3´S

geposted Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 12:06 pm
I use iTunes for all my music organization. You can create sub-folders, and put one single track into many different genre folders without having to worry about duplicates.

geposted Sat 13 Mar 10 @ 5:49 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
If you need to know where the song folder is, just right click over any field title column on the browser and choose the path column option, resize your columns so you can see it in the default view, then you'll have that info, plus you can sort by that column to see what you need.

Joey...

geposted Sun 14 Mar 10 @ 12:27 pm
@ Joey KJ ,
Bro im not sure what you mean exactly ,but if I can set it up to see in what virtual folder my tracks are please help me out to do that!

Im just not understanding what you mean ,so maybe if you coulld walk me through it.

geposted Sun 14 Mar 10 @ 4:19 pm

Browser with the Path option Activated so you can see the song file path and folder information.^^^

Just right click over any field title column on the browser and choose the FilePath column option.^^^

If you can't see the new FilePath column after you choose it, then you will have to resize the existing columns width to make enough room and squeeze in the new FilePath Column.

To resize, place your cursor over the left or right side of the column dividing line left click and drag to narrow as needed, you may need to do this to more then one field column until you can see the FilePath column.

Good Luck

Joey......

geposted Sun 14 Mar 10 @ 8:13 pm
@ Joey KJ ,
Thanks man appreciate that but it´s no good to me because it´s not directed to my Virtual Folders. Thats what I was saying , create something as the file path ,but insted for your Virtual Folders.

geposted Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 2:16 pm
Yah, that's why they are Virtual....

But you still can get the parent filepath info from VF isn't that what you wanted, to be able to see the folder of each file?

Joey...

geposted Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 2:26 pm
No bro I never said the parent folder. "I would like to see what virtual folder it´s in". I know what parent folder it´s in im not sure you understood what I was saying?

But ,even though it´s a virtual folder there´s no way of making that happen on those too? That´s what I was looking to do in essence :)

geposted Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 2:36 pm
Hi HKNYC

Ok, What you need to do then is organize regular folder for example by "Deep House" then you can do sub folders for 80's, 90. 2K.

Then you could create a VF for Sessions or Venue populate as needed, that way you are organized and flexible.

Joey...

geposted Tue 16 Mar 10 @ 3:09 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)