Forum: Hardware Technical Support
For general troubleshooting and controller configuration, please see Config & Troubleshooting.
Vestax Spin now...
Topic: Vestax Spin now mapped on Virtual DJ 6.0.8 (Mac and PC)
Trial Download -> http://www.virtualdj.com/download/trial.html
To set the Audio on Windows read here
on Mac is necessary to set the aggregate audio
Many buttons on the console have 2 function, the first one in the map list work when SHIFT button si pressed (Automix button blink to indicate the SHIFT pressed), the second indicated after ":" is the default.
PLAY => stop & goto 0% pos of the song : play_pause
SET_CUE => seek -4 : cue_stop
GOTO_CUE => seek +4 : hot_cue
VINYL => clone_deck : Jogs vinyl_mode on/off
PITCHBEND- => pitch_bend -2% 500ms
PITCHBEND+ => pitch_bend +2% 500ms
SYNC => beatlock : sync
LOOP_AUTO => loop_double : loop
LOOP_IN_OUT => loop_half : loop_button (In->Out->Exit)
FX => effect list select +1 : effect active
MIC_FX => deck 1 sampler volume : deck 1 effect slider 2
MIC_PITCH => deck 2 sampler volume : deck 2 effect slider 2
MIC_ON_OFF => deck 1 sampler play_stop : deck 1 key_lock
AUTOMIX => automix
REC => deck 2 sampler play_stop : deck 2 key_lock
UP => browse up the folders list : browse up the files list
LOAD_1 => open/close browser folder : load/unload selecter song on deck 1
LOAD_2 => open/close browser folder : load/unload selecter song on deck 2
DOWN => browse down the folders list : browse down the files list
- Ability to change the parameter 1 of effect active, when an audio effect is active the rotation of the Jog change this parameter (as on the Pioneer CDJ-100s), when effect turn back off to the Jog function coming back to Pitch Bend / Scratch (No Hercules Steel).
- Possibility to unload the track from the deck, hold on the load button for more than half a second.
- Ability to make "browsing" of the tracks with jogs, simply hold the "PFL" button on the deck and rotate the Jog.
Note: that only works on one deck/jog at one time.
- Pitch Bend buttons when song is in pause make seek -+1
- Holding the Automix button it skip one song in the automix list
- Added blink on Play/Pause buttons when the song is paused.
Created by http://www.digitaljockey.eu staff
Posted Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 3:53 pm
Posted Sun 25 Apr 10 @ 8:12 am
I want to try it on a working spin. I have a dedicated stripped down 1u win xp tower (no wi fi) so updates have to be manually done
any help would be great as I hate the look of the typhoon and would love to try the spin (back-up to my rmx)
any help would be great
Posted Mon 26 Apr 10 @ 4:35 pm
The audio setup infos are available here
Posted Tue 27 Apr 10 @ 8:01 am
Posted Tue 27 Apr 10 @ 3:07 pm
Posted Wed 28 Apr 10 @ 9:14 am
"No license user" cannot write personal Email, Msn, Skype, MySpace, Phone number and any other personal contact details in the forum.
Posted Thu 06 May 10 @ 2:50 am
http://it.virtualdj.com/download/trial.html -> http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/audio/virtualdj.html
You can only wait to see MAC Trial updated
Posted Thu 06 May 10 @ 3:36 am
by the way, the vestax typhoon is identical to the vestax spin
the only difference is that the vestax typhoon was built seperately for windows and mac while the spin was built exclusively for the macs
Posted Sat 05 Jun 10 @ 2:43 am
I would love to purchase the Pro version, but I definitely would like to test it out first, simply to confirm that everything works as cleanly as Virtual DJ works for other units.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 4:27 pm
Posted Mon 16 Aug 10 @ 7:38 am
Posted Wed 18 Aug 10 @ 2:28 pm
Posted Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 1:09 pm
Posted Fri 19 Aug 11 @ 11:49 am
It's possible that you have an old unit with unusual firmware that is not recognised. Also, the manufacturer made a mistake with many of the early units, giving both the Spin and Typhoon the same ID.
If it's still not detected with Home FREE v7.0.5, please do the following:
(1) On a Windows PC, download the following program: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/miditrace.exe
(2) Make sure that only Spin is connected to your computer and all other programs are closed including VirtualDJ.
(3) Run MIDItrace and select the controller in both the input and output sections.
(4) Click on the SEND button.
(5) Copy and paste the result string that is returned.
NOTE: MIDI controllers can only be used for 10 minutes a time in Home FREE. The full VirtualDJ Professional is required to use MIDI controllers: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html
Posted Fri 19 Aug 11 @ 12:04 pm