Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Do you use crossfader when mixing?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am starting to wake up... Many people dont use crossfader when mixing they just use eq and bring another song. I am trying to do the same thing but my ears dont satisfy me. Whats recommended?

geposted Tue 25 May 10 @ 4:06 pm
Depends on what style of dj you are...........most techno guys just use eq's and upfaders where most hip-hop dj's use the crossfader with a little eq tweek here and there. Anyone else wanna chime in...............

geposted Tue 25 May 10 @ 4:24 pm
de_lesPRO InfinityMember since 2010
i only spin trance,and i never use the crossfader...

always in the middle,i hardly use my volume faders aswell....

the equalizers do everything what you need,and even better then the crossfader :-)

geposted Tue 25 May 10 @ 9:14 pm
I am mixing trance only. What I am saying is when I use eq and leave crossfader in the middle, i feel that the mix becomes more detectable som changes made in transitions is clearly visible.

geposted Wed 26 May 10 @ 3:16 am
yes that's a fact..
however...

listen to a random cd of tiesto or paul van dyk or whatever..
those cd's are redone completely woth computer...

if i make a mix myself you also hear the tone of the bass changing...

you need to listen carefully to your mix,wich is to much on it(mid,high,treble)and lower it as an example,or put it a bit higher up...

all about patience and practice mate :)

geposted Wed 26 May 10 @ 7:07 am
Or mix in key then you wouldnt notice it so much. Also turn the volume down a little, using only the eq's is fine and all but if its to loud from the start its always gonna sound like crap.

geposted Wed 26 May 10 @ 7:16 am
mixing in key is like standard(atleast in trance)
no idea about other genres though,but i suppose it's the same,no?

geposted Wed 26 May 10 @ 9:26 am
I use crossfader only.

One thing I do miss is a click fader thoguh.

geposted Wed 26 May 10 @ 12:32 pm
I usually use Crossfader and Equalizer.

geposted Wed 26 May 10 @ 4:17 pm
de_les wrote :
mixing in key is like standard(atleast in trance)
no idea about other genres though,but i suppose it's the same,no?

Well heres what he said "i feel that the mix becomes more detectable som changes made in transitions is clearly visible." which leads me to beleive that if its that noticeable then maybe hes off a little. Anyway I think he should just use the volume faders and the eq's..........we dont really know what kind of equipment hes using.

Huey

geposted Wed 26 May 10 @ 5:01 pm
both

geposted Wed 26 May 10 @ 7:02 pm
well i use the crossfader i think it's good to use it when you play hip hop, cumbia, salsa merenge, etc. but when i play techno, punta electronica, house, pop, etc. i use the eq so it all depends on your style or the type of music you are playing...

geposted Thu 27 May 10 @ 12:16 am
Mix in Key looks like a solution. Good advice I will post some of transitions. Tell me how is it.

geposted Thu 27 May 10 @ 1:26 pm
I mostly mix dubstep and drum and bass so i use both sumtimes i use eq for a long smooth mix but when im using breaks to mix i make good use of the crossfader

geposted Sat 29 May 10 @ 5:42 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)