Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Looking for some constuctive criticism

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

geposted Thu 01 Jul 10 @ 10:10 am
Wel, it would help if people could actually download or listen to the track.... :)

(ie. I can't download or listen to the link you provided)

geposted Sat 03 Jul 10 @ 11:36 am
sorry bout that i fixed it :)

geposted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 4:24 am
I'll have a quick look at it in the evening, will let you know what I think of it... :)

Edit :

I've already listened through the first 20 minutes of the mix, and I usually type in some quick comments on Notepad while listening... Here's what I wrote :

"Styles?

WTF song 3 (after Miami bitch)? and 4 (how low can you go?)

Speed issues.... ie.lady gaga - telephone

minute 9 : very well mixed
2 times the same song (are you ready?) big nono
FlippinDouble too long at times and wrong timing...
Lady Gaga Bad romance, minute 19 or so, a skip?
EQ usage and Beat-mixing
!"

Let me translate that for you.. :)

1) It seems you're struggling with which style of music you're going to mix, ie. one track is trance, next is commercial dance, other is rap kind of music... try to stay within one style (possibly two , like trance-dance) in a mix...
2) What went wrong with song 3 and 4? See next
3) You definitely have issues with pitch control... :) Some songs are very fast, others are annoyingly slow (hence Lady Gaga - telephone). Variation is good, but try to have a "good" speed, instead of a confusing speed.
4) Song at minute 9 is very well mixed, take an example out of that
5) You've violated one of the cardinal rules of dj-ing, you've used the same song twice !!! That's a big No No.....
6) I'm also a big fan of the "FlippinDouble" effect (listen to one of my mixes), but your timing is off and the effect is too long for my likings... It's kinda hard to explain, but I think it falls under the "this is confusing for the audience" thingies.... try to use it in shorter intervals and at the right times
7) I'm guessing you mispressed a key or something during minute 19, the song skipped and nearly restarted....
8) I defenitely recommend practicing more using the EQ well, and basic Beatmixing... To that end , I can recommend the excellent tutorial in these forums by Dj-in-Norway, it certainly helped me a lot.....

All in all, I'd say you've got some work ahead of you, but with practice and will you'll make it, I certainly hope so..... :)

There, was that a bit helpful or not? :)

I'll listen to the mix a bit later on, to try and spot any more areas that need improvement

Now, if you'd be so kind as to give my mix a listen to, and maybe voice your opinion? Tnx... :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RKUKTJHE

geposted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 7:04 am
That was helpful and thankyou very much for the info :)

geposted Wed 07 Jul 10 @ 10:13 am
Don't mention it....

Wish I had the same support and criticism when I started DJ-ing..... :)

geposted Wed 07 Jul 10 @ 6:14 pm
Very good!

I'll download and check iy out.

geposted Fri 09 Jul 10 @ 5:11 pm
alienpruts wrote :
Don't mention it....

Wish I had the same support and criticism when I started DJ-ing..... :)

I listened to your mix, so far really smooth. I don't see any problems & would think you should be able to throw a party or do a club for this genre of music. You kept it fairly simply. Usally with this type of msic anyway it all sounds the same and some of you mixes are almost missed because of it.

geposted Fri 09 Jul 10 @ 6:13 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)