Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: V-Mix v1.0 (Video Mix - Power User) 1024x768 - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Wow, what a brainfart that was.......
or a senior moment, dunno.

That is what happens when you never use auto I guess, I never eat at gigs and hate the train wreck autofades.

Back to autoplay 101 for me, my bad......

geposted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 2:24 pm
Rick, I thought you were talking about hiding the playlist window. I guess I didnt read it correctly.

geposted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 5:46 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@mp3rick --

I just learned something new the other day as well, didn't know you could right click on a folder in the 'Folder panel' and chose 'Show All'. This allows you to see everything under that folder even if the files are broken down into sub-folders. Eats up some navigation time, but great if you have catagorized your music in subfolders.

I guess alot of professional-novices need to go back to the manual and read it again, oh! that's out of date! (jab, jab), well at least not the basics.

cstoll

geposted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 6:14 pm
Whoa!
Ya it takes some exploring to keep up on changes we aren't use to seeing or using.

What is really good about that is the scope of the grouping.
If you play by bpm you can see a much broader group to chose from instead of going folder to folder looking for that 120 that will fit perfectly.
If I want every 120bpm song from promo only 2004 I can do it is a second.
The load time is nothing compared to the folder by folder method.

Thanks for that tip, hope more see this being where it is posted.

R

geposted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 6:38 pm
grandpPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I would to see a AutoMix' button in the center i dod use it to auto fade a song at any time i want using the start will not do this.

Please add a AutoMix' button. you could add it to the VIRTUAL DJ logo in the center that way it would be hid for people who do not want to use it..

also how can i grab the screen and move it i can not find place that will let me grab it to move???

would love to see two pitch sliders like the small vlaum ones you have now. you have the space right next the it.??

How can i make the fonts text in the browser windows get bigger?

Can make a version for us that do not use any video??

remove the extra video stuff.

thanks

geposted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 1:09 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
"Can make a version for us that do not use any video??
remove the extra video stuff."

he, he ! that version exist...
Isn't funny cstoll ? :)

geposted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 2:03 am
grandp wrote: "I would to see a AutoMix' button in the center i dod use it to auto fade a song at any time i want using the start will not do this. Please add a AutoMix' button. you could add it to the VIRTUAL DJ logo in the center that way it would be hid for people who do not want to use it.."

-- Sure could add that to the skin since it has been asked for - but it will not go on the LOGO, the new rules of the skin is that the LOGO is the LOGO, it can not be part of the skins functional components. But, will find a good spot.

grandp wrote: "also how can i grab the screen and move it i can not find place that will let me grab it to move???"

-- Sorry, undocumented feature - Put the mouse over the word "Master" next to the clock in the top left.

grandp wrote: "would love to see two pitch sliders like the small vlaum ones you have now. you have the space right next the it.??"

-- This is a Power User skin, it's intent is for users with External controllers, most of what is clickable on the skin are things not typically found on an external controller. Also, the space you claim is available is not, the Panel for videos uses that space. This is addressed in your last question.

grandp wrote: "How can i make the fonts text in the browser windows get bigger?"

-- Change the XML code is the only way.

grandp wrote: "Can make a version for us that do not use any video?? remove the extra video stuff."

The skin is called V-Mix for a reason, it is for Video Mixing using external control devices.
If you want a version without video stuff the I suggest you look at the @Apopsis TimeCODE POWER skin

Hope this answers your questions...

v/r
cstoll

geposted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 2:55 am
I find the space bar works exceptionally well when changed over to "mix" in keyboard, you never need to see the button then.

geposted Mon 01 Aug 05 @ 12:08 pm
JaydayHome userMember since 2005
Is it possible to insert the feature to blend out the waveform window and the bpm display? I am still a beginner and I really would like to practice without those 'dirty little helpers' in order to get more skills in using my ears to match bpm and tunes.
And please no replies like 'so just don't pay attention to it'. Somehow one automatically does...

geposted Fri 05 Aug 05 @ 9:05 pm
Well Jayday,

1. Let's start with a full version of VDJ
2. Look through all the skins and you will find what you are asking for.
3. How about posting a question or comment in an appropriate thread
4. Pick any skin and just don't pay attention to it... oh I wasn't suppose to say that.
5. Did I mention get the full version?

Look, you are posting a message in a thread about the V-mix skin. If you have a comment on this skin then please post. Also, if you are using the trial then you only have 20 days to 'learn' more skills, which isn't enough time. So, play with the software, determine if you really like it, BUY IT! and then download various skins to find the features you like most. There are skins that do what you ask. Oh, and if you don't find one you like then you can make your own.

Best of luck,

geposted Fri 05 Aug 05 @ 10:31 pm
1) I have the HDJC and with that a version of VDJ
2) haven't found it so far
3) one for you
4) as I said, that's difficult
5) if it's about morale ... it's written in your blog under 'My gear is a follows': 'External 250Gb Maxtor Drive with 230Gb of files (MP3s)' and this is where I get doubts.

geposted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 1:57 pm
1. Let's start with a full version of VDJ
1) I have the HDJC and with that a version of VDJ
1. Then why aren't you registered and the HDJC controller icon under your name?

2. Look through all the skins and you will find what you are asking for.
2) haven't found it so far
2. Little hard to look for something you probably don't have access to, oh and here is a hint: Pioneer CDJ700S by RE aka FRUiT

3. How about posting a question or comment in an appropriate thread
3) one for you
3. This is my thread - I built the V-Mix skin

4. Pick any skin and just don't pay attention to it... oh I wasn't suppose to say that.
4) as I said, that's difficult
4. This is not a hard thing to do, just have to practice

5. Did I mention get the full version?
5) if it's about morale ... it's written in your blog under
'My gear is a follows': 'External 250Gb Maxtor Drive with 230Gb of files (MP3s)' and
this is where I get doubts.
5. OH, then what I won't tell you is that is just for my mobile setup and just one drive. My CLUB system has 1 TerraByte of storage with the following 60000+ mp3s, 75000+ karaoke, and 8000+ video's and If you don't like those numbers. OH, did I say I am a Resident DJ in a CLUB. Where do you spin?

geposted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 6:17 pm
1) Just because.
5) It was about the 'get the full version of VDJ' blabla. And being confronted with those numbers I just thought by myself, The guy shouldn't preach stuff like that if he himself is boasting about his for-sure-not-100%-legally-aquired music collection / dc++ etc.
Apart from this your last sentence is a bit too much like 'my penis is bigger than yours' conversation for me. I am to old for that.

Initially I asked my question because I thought there are other ppl who would like to have such a feature, but okay. It seems I was wrong. Anyways, let's stop that conversation. It won't lead anywhere.

geposted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 7:48 pm
You point is made, and BTW the stuff is all legal. And you are right -- getting to old for this type of BS. How long have you been DJing? And, don't get me wrong... your point about the wave is taken and there are ways around this but building a skins is alot of work. Also, my main point was that your comment needed to be it's own topic. Anyhow, I will think about the idea in later version of the skin.

cstoll

geposted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 8:14 pm
thank very very muchhh

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 3:30 am
I can imagine that it is a lot of work building a skin and I appreciate that ppl like you invest there time and share the results of their work with others. About Djing, I'm still a bedroomer. My fav. music is house/progressive etc. Pretty much the stuff that Shiloh is playing in their sets: www.hybridized.org

geposted Sun 07 Aug 05 @ 9:40 am
djpoterHome userMember since 2005
I would to see a AutoMix' button in the center i dod use it to auto fade a song at any time i want using the start will not do this.

geposted Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 8:51 am
djpoterHome userMember since 2005
good work

geposted Sun 21 Aug 05 @ 9:01 am
were i can download it?

geposted Fri 30 Dec 05 @ 10:29 am
very good :D

geposted Thu 12 Jan 06 @ 12:43 pm
91%