Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Help mixing.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

JayTeaHome userMember since 2010
What are some things I need to do to start mixing? Im 18 and i've been intrested in djing for awhile now but havent had the time to pick it up. I downloaded VDJ and have been messing around with it and have been viewing tutorial videos and what-not and I seem to be a quick learner. I would just like any tips or advise anyone with experience can give me because I want to be able to mix electronica/hip-hop music eventually to a professional level. Ive got a lot of time on my hands till I start school next year and on a bit of a budget when it comes to equipment but im serious about taking up mixing. Thanks.

geposted Mon 30 Aug 10 @ 12:25 pm
Start small and build. Computer, Hercules RMX & VDJ. You will be set to start, learn and build.

geposted Wed 01 Sep 10 @ 11:41 am
start with simple house beats around the 128 bpm range, and get used to listening to a second track and hearing whether it's in time or not. Leave hip hop until you can hold a house mix as hip hop is made at all different bpm's and not all of it goes together, unlike house which is all made around the same bpm. If you have to learn on Hip Hop. I would mix some instrumentals and acapellas (vocals) together as you will know when vocals are out of sync easier when your learning. Definitely get a controller VDJ is good but its not that good to learn on if just using the keyboard and a mouse. when you get a controller "Never press sync" this is you time to learn to beat match, if you don't learn now and just rely on software you will probably never learn. Lastly... Be patient, one day something will just click in your head, but It took me about 6 months to be able to mix a set with a few mistakes and about 3 years to be confident enough to know if my headphones stuffed up during a set, I could get away with it without most people knowing.

geposted Thu 02 Sep 10 @ 5:34 am
Yeah, I just jumped right into hip hop.

geposted Tue 07 Sep 10 @ 5:45 pm
I say this to all beginners..........Vinyl Vinyl Vinyl, I know techknowledgy has give'n' us great advancements for djing, but learn the history, learn what the pioneers had to learn.......spinning vinyl records is were it all began......I mean if you are just getting into this ART FORM, pay homage to those who came before you.......I started on Vinyl still have my 1200mkII's and a mixer ready to go......get your self a set of Turntables and a mixer........oh headphones, and a crate of Dance Music, House, Trance, Progressive's and learn to mix those, Hip-Hop can be tricky some get it faster than others, But if you want to start and learn the basics, House Trance music is the way to go, you can always get the ( Dj trim sound card controll Vinyl and VDJ6, when your comfortable, I say it to every one Start on Vinyl get your respect, you will be given it.....trust me..........and Hip Hop mixing is a style, an attitude, your music knowledge has to on point. Cause all the ongs are not produced at the same tempo, BPM's, so you need to know Producers' and the region they come from eastcoast, westcoast, downsouth, any way to much to type My young Padawan Learner............There is no TRY only DO.......so get after it.

geposted Thu 09 Sep 10 @ 10:04 pm
avenuekahress wrote :
I say this to all beginners..........Vinyl Vinyl Vinyl, I know techknowledgy has give'n' us great advancements for djing, but learn the history, learn what the pioneers had to learn.......spinning vinyl records is were it all began......

Wrong! Dj's existed BEFORE vinyl too!!!! If you're going to teach history, learn it first and then teach it...

BTW: English is not my mother tongue, but YOUR English could definitely use some improvement!

geposted Fri 10 Sep 10 @ 9:58 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
avenuekahress wrote :
I say this to all beginners..........Vinyl Vinyl Vinyl, I know techknowledgy has give'n' us great advancements for djing, but learn the history, learn what the pioneers had to learn.......spinning vinyl records is were it all began......

Wrong! Dj's existed BEFORE vinyl too!!!! If you're going to teach history, learn it first and then teach it...

BTW: English is not my mother tongue, but YOUR English could definitely use some improvement!

Bwahahahahaha!!!!

geposted Sat 11 Sep 10 @ 3:18 pm
I wish you really new your history........what i was saying he should get a feel for what the pioneers used........To build a respect for the ART we charish so much......DJING.....look professor my english is fine.....my typeing to sloppy so FUCK OFF.....on that one.....#2 i am not gonna get into a pissing match with a person from another country........look.....just PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE and learn the ART form.......and use it to entertain the MASSES....thats why we do it any way right.....

geposted Tue 28 Sep 10 @ 5:52 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)