Forum: General Discussion - Topic: Grooveshark - Page: 1

Discussions about VirtualDJ, Numark Cue, Numark Virtual Vinyl, AtomixMP3, ... and about DJing in general*
This a general discussion forum, please be polite and speak with respect. Before posting, please read the forum rules and FAQ. If you are experiencing technical issues or protection errors please contact Service Support.

(*) The moderators hold the rights to move or modify posts in order to keep the discussions clear or to facilitate the search.
"No license user" cannot write personal Email, Facebook, Msn, Skype, MySpace, Phone number and any other personal contact details in the forum.
VirtualDJ Forum
General Discussion
Grooveshark

Seite : [>] [>>]

Autor - Topic: Grooveshark -

djqueball

Professional edition user
Posted Thu 23 Sep 10 @ 11:42 am
I just purchased the premium package and would like to join grooveshark. The question that I have is do I have to create an account with them and how do I associate grooveshark with virtual dj?

Jam Master Rob

Premium Member
Posted Thu 23 Sep 10 @ 12:18 pm
no you do not need a grooveshark membership
just go to your VDJ browser click the netsearch tab on the left and search away and play

jpboggis

Atomix Productions
Hardware Integration Development
Posted Thu 23 Sep 10 @ 12:25 pm
In VirtualDJ, simply go to the CONFIG -> Internet tab. Enter your login name and password in the boxes provided and click the button to log in.

Once logged in, click on the NetSearch icon in the list of folders (Left-hand section of the browser.)

Type in the name of the song that you are interested in, e.g: abba dancing queen

Jam Master Rob

Premium Member
Posted Thu 23 Sep 10 @ 12:29 pm
jpboggis wrote :
In VirtualDJ, simply go to the CONFIG -> Internet tab. Enter your login name and password in the boxes provided and click the button to log in.

Ah yes, I forgot that one important detail.

djqueball

Posted Thu 23 Sep 10 @ 1:26 pm
Cool did all of that already, I got my netsearch working already. Thank ya'll!

pdnmusic

Ultra-VIP Member
VDJ Radio DJ
Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 7:25 am
What if I'm already a Grooveshark VIP member?
I have to pay for membership at VDJ too?

jakovski

Atomix Productions
European Operations Manager
Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 8:01 am
The normal Grooveshark Membership is completely different with that of Netsearch - so you can't use your GS login. Sorry.

Greets, Heiko

dgreene

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 12:26 am
I would love to use my grooveshark login through VDJ to use there Android App Grooveshark offers on their site.
Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 8:59 am
Sorry, but that is not possible.

Grooveshark's own service is totally separate to VirtualDJ's NetSearch/Premium Membership.

A VirtualDJ account cannot be used to log into Grooveshark's own service and likewise a Grooveshark account cannot be used to log into NetSearch.

djspud63

Posted Mon 24 Jan 11 @ 9:34 pm
I guess you have to be "online" in order to play Grooveshark tracks?

jakovski

Atomix Productions
European Operations Manager
Posted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 2:47 am
You also can download them to Cache and play them for 20 days. After that Cache Authorisation has to be renewed.

Virtual DJ 7 does it automaticly for you but you can do it manually also to be shure that everything is fine on your Gig ;-)

Greets, Heiko

pdnmusic

Ultra-VIP Member
VDJ Radio DJ
Posted Tue 25 Jan 11 @ 3:00 am
jakovski wrote :
You also can download them to Cache and play them for 20 days. After that Cache Authorisation has to be renewed.

Virtual DJ 7 does it automaticly for you but you can do it manually also to be shure that everything is fine on your Gig ;-)

Greets, Heiko

great!

Rio420

Premium Member
Posted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 2:12 pm
Hi can someone please help me with the Netsearch??? Why does it say error most of the time? there are some with the old blue icon and some with a new pink type icon, some days songs come up some days its constant error. Highy frustrated as I pay 120 a year! Ive called vdj several times they just rush me off the phone and never gave explanation, same with Numark. Bouciing between 2 different companies for the same questions has been nothing short of horrible for me. Thanks

Eamon Ryan

Posted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 5:11 pm
If i click on the internet tab under config and try to log in using the details i use to log into the virtual dj site. i get invalid login / password.
Is that why i can only listen to 30 seconds of a song or is it because i don't have a premium subsciption with grooveshark. Thanks in advance
Posted Thu 24 Jan 13 @ 9:58 am
Eamon Ryan wrote :
If i click on the internet tab under config and try to log in using the details i use to log into the virtual dj site. i get invalid login / password.
Is that why i can only listen to 30 seconds of a song or is it because i don't have a premium subsciption with grooveshark. Thanks in advance

If you are not paying 9.99 a month to Virtual DJ, then you are not a premium member.

odinnv

Posted Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 4:51 am
This Grooveshark ContentUnlimited service is cool. The only thing that would make it cooler is if you could log into Grooveshark homepage with the VDJ ContentUnlimited account in order to find tunes, save them to favorites and then being able to access that favorites list in VDJ. That could in some cases be a handy way to save time.

DJWrenocide

Posted Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 5:32 pm
So keeping on this same topic as I don't do gigs but have one coming up in July. I would like to have a back up plan for this for that night so how easy is it to just pay for one month (really for one night) and then cancel after I'm done. I kind of wish there was a one day fee of $5 or something but I don't think $10 a month is a big deal. If anything ever happens where I have another family wedding or a party that I would Dj I would like to buy another months use if this works out.

I am unsure if there is even Wifi there or not, I'm leaning more towards no, so if I that is the case how well does anyone do with connecting your iPhone to your laptop and using your iPhone as a hotspot? Does it take a while to cache a song so it will work for you? Would this just be a big hassel for me to try and do using my iPhone?

Any help would be great,
Brendan

kradcliffe

Posted Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 5:37 pm
Don't see any issue with subscribing and cancelling after one month, I have done that myself.

It will cache successfully from a mobile device, but the speed is obviously dependant on how strong your data connection is to the network. You will need a minimum of 3G (GPRS or Edge will be too slow)

Keith

Snipey10000

Posted Fri 19 Apr 13 @ 3:55 pm
In Regards to downloading the grooveshark music to the Cache, it seems simple enough but then if you don't have an internet connection it doesn't load or plat it just says ERROR.
Heres what I do, I highlight a song or group of songs then right click then save to Cache.
Is this the correct method?
Posted Sat 20 Apr 13 @ 12:35 pm
Once downloaded to cache, you must refresh the cache authorisations regularly, otherwise you won't be able to play them when the expire. Renewing just before you go out to a gig where you have no Internet connectivity is recommended to ensure that all files that need renewing have been renewed.

Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ContentUnlimited%20Offline%20Use.html

Seite : [>] [>>]

Site map
(C)opyright Atomix Productions 2014

Software
Hardware
ContentUnlimited
Goodies
VirtualDJ Pro Full
VirtualDJ Pro Basic
VirtualDJ Broadcaster
VirtualDJ Home FREE