Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: OK I'm giving in.. Looking to switch to a rackmount system

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Can anyone give me some ideas. Maybe some examples. I am a mobile dj so I'm trying to stay lightweight and rack mountable.

geposted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 6:49 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

geposted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 7:01 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
hey rick i got mine down to half a ton this summer there is hope :)

what was that dj rack website?

Vantine,

you should check out some of the 3u's they arn't that bad really click on my name to see an example.

geposted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 7:31 pm

geposted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 8:10 pm

geposted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 8:29 pm
That is Les from Music mixers mall, good guy.

geposted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 8:57 pm
Looks like we agreed upon a price on the 2U rack system I posted above. I am assuming this will serve me better than a laptop. Les really sounds like he knows what he is doing.

geposted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 3:46 am
Vantine,

Why dont you put a sytem together yourself? Much cheaper and you can get better components in there. May be too late now since I see you are buying one already put together...

geposted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 8:44 pm
Yes. Too late. But I'd rather get then done right. Charging what I do for weddings ect I always strive for the best quality and I hear this guy really knows his stuff. I'll let you all know. It is shipping tomorrow.... ;) PS I need a big write off this year anyway.

geposted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 12:15 am
1265PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi guys,

I just purchase a 2 space rackmounted computer from Todd Sun over at DJ Rak. The quality is excellent. We also customized a 1 rackspace plate to insert 2 15" lcd's so that I can use VDJ on one and Lightjockey on the other. Call me crazy but I want to have something different to offer over a laptop as my main unit, the laptop is my back up. I did not purchase the case from him, i don't like the plastic cases. I have a black carpeted slide back case. todd will take care of you, he knows his stuff.

Good Luck!
DJ Yanni
Bag End Loudspeakers

geposted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 9:40 pm
You need a case with alot of air flow. A mobil DJ's biggest problem is heat. This is the major problem of memory errors that causes most program crashes. Those slim cases are problems waiting to happen. Next good ram memory is very important.And the most important is the Video card . I cannot stress this more it is what drives the Video in VDJ . It must be directx9 with full hardware acceleration. Then the processor comes in second it must be fast enough to handle everthing efficiently.

geposted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 10:22 pm
My rack is modeled after Todd's, I bought the monitor mount from him.
Turned him onto VDJ actually in the process.
Both he and Les are excellent sources for quality systems.

The gator box with the 4 latch rear cover which with wiring exiting the bottom stays on with just the top latches hooked, not latched.
This allows for plenty of cooling flow.

I don't know what you guys who build use for filtration, but I came up with this.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/p8aa493d29b42e518b75f9f26cb20b13d/f6aa1a04.jpg
First I trimmed off the main inlet with hook side velcro.

To which I stick a piece of 3/16" air conditioning filter material.
Hit it with a little bit of K&N filter oil and let 'er rip.
Change it with it's dirty, just toss it and stick on another.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid142/pf248924d4d7150c826fbfae3ed0dd447/f6aa19fc.jpg

I work in high dirt atmosphere doing outside gigs and after a season I was amazed with how clean it was inside.

Simple shock mounting for drives was the other thing I had to figure out.

geposted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 10:38 pm
I got the monitor today and the system arrives tomorrow. Wish I didn't have 3 wedding this weekend so I could play. I should take that back and I do ;) Plenty of time to play... I'll let you know.

geposted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 3:28 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)