Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: HELP!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have some question(s). I'm DJ'ing off of my laptop and interested in Buying some DJ speakers for a party I have to DJ at in two weeks. Do I need a certain hook/cord to play my music to my speakers from my laptop? And what do you guys recommend?

geposted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 6:24 pm
What is your budget ?
For how many people/how big room you want to play?

You can use self amplified speakers that you can connect thru some custom made cable or adapter.
You just plug in the speakers to the power outlet and cable(s) to your notebook.

Or you can use unpowered speakers with a separate power amplifier. In this case you connect the speakers with their special cables to the amplifier. And your notebook to an amplifier with 3,5jack
to 2CINCH cable (probable use some mono cinch to 6,3 jack reduction)

Anyway I recommend you an external mixer (with equalizer) that enables you to adjust the volume and
sound of your music and has enough output signal for feedeng the speakers.
- this depends on how you play from your laptop, i.e. what sofware are you using ... (?)
(not to mention that many of us if not all will recommend you virtualdj as a good software solution :-) )

Regarding cables: the shop you will buy your equipment at will gladly sell you what you need, just
tell them you want to hook a notebook that has 3,5 jack to it.

geposted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 6:46 pm
Well, my budget is around $200-$300. I found two speakers that were $119 for both, 12" woofers I beleive that they were around 400W, I could look into it more. I'm looking at 100-150 people and it the area is outside. I really appreciate the help. Thanks alot Big "L".

geposted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 7:40 pm
On that budget you are not going to find suitable speakers. I'd say you're looking at $1000-$12000 at least..

The 'cheapest' setup I can think of is two Behringer B300s, which would set you back about $1000 with cables and a set of speaker stands..

geposted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 7:53 pm
hmm, if you don't intend on bass it is enough, but people like to feel the rhytm and with 12'' woofers and outside it is harder, but I think for the general music and spoken word it is
on the border of usability anyway.

But looks like they are only speakers without built in amplifier.
So you have to purchase an amplifier that fits the speakers. The best is to be able to hear the sound of all together.
And they are second hand!!! be carefull if they are ok for that price.

Anyway if you want to make sound BIG maybe you should rather borrow some speakers, amplifier and mixer.

If you get an image of LAME Dj, you will carry it very long as a snail carrys own house.
I started too on borrowed speakers, now I don't need any coz clubs have own and once a while I do
mobile gig I borrow some stuff)

So if you are able to hear that speakers decide if it is enough. And the second side of the coin is
that neighbours maybe don't like too much noise :-) don't make enemies

geposted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 7:55 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good advice Lopez about once you're Lame your always lame. If you are just starting out you can't (unless there is some new techology out there I don't know about) use powered speakers to do a 100 person party. You definetly need an amplifier with speakers coming from there. You might be able to get away with your Father's system. 100W receiver and some decent speakers. Other then that you'll need at least $700 to do an outdoor party and that isn't ideal. Back to the other post, I'd be happy with at least some JBL (or other brand) subwoofer and about 8 of their compliment speakers. Good luck.

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 2:24 am

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 5:53 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)