Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Producing House (been out of game for a while)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi Guys,
Suddenly something has occured to me, I haven't done any production work since I was 17!, I quit back then because my taste in music had changed, and wasn't willing to learn more about music (keys etc), now after listening to some hot tunes i've been inspired to invest some of my time in learning a bit more and start producing classic house music (more instrumentation and less synths)

I used to use a combination of programs, fruity loops, cakewalk and the ejay series. What I would like to ask you guys, is what program/programs do you think would be most suitable for me? (as i'm sure many great programs have been released over the , I like to put together my own loops and patterns, basslines etc, but also like to use a few ready made samples for vocals and effects.

What concerns me most is making sure the samples and loops I create are in key, so a program where you can 'set' the key would be great.

Thanks for reading, and any reccomendations or advice is appreciated, Bagpuss ;).

geposted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 4:55 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi!

Did you try Propellerhead's Reason [ http://www.propellerheads.se/products/reason/ ]? I'm using it for about 3 years now and I found it one of best sampler/synthesizer software. It only lacks VST plug-in support and it's not quite suitable for vocal sampling, that's why you can use it in a direct link with other software that offers rewire technology (Cubase, Nuendo, etc.) [ http://www.steinberg.net/ ]

For detecting and setting the right key, you can look for software such as Celemony Melodyne [ http://www.celemony.com/melodyne/ ], it's best for recorded vocal correction and any other instrument (sound).

I'm also producing house tunes, so if you need any tips & tricks just ask ;)

erXon

geposted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 5:22 pm
Hi Erxon,
Thanks for the help, I tried reason extremely briefly, but from what I could gather, it's proffesional and has a learning curve, perhaps I will give it a try, but what I didn't see was the option to set a secific key, e.g all samples in A minor, perhaps I didn't see it?. And yes tips would be great, i'm quite good at putting music together, it's just getting my head around the various programs.

Thanks again, anyone else got anything to add on house production tools?.

geposted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 3:53 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well reason does not have this feature to detect key, I'm not sure about other software I suggested because I'm just starting to use them (except melodyne of course which offers exactly that). But franky I don't need this, 'cause I do it by ear, and I just input my music through keyboard (midi). It's much more fun to play the song, than drawing it by hand :P

If you're using msn, my mail is in the blog.

Regards

geposted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 4:28 pm
Yes, I see what your saying, i'm not looking so much for "key detecton", but like some studio software, I want to specify a key for a piece, so that all my patterns aren't created in different keys, of course, this can be done by ear, I will have to give it a try, to fully understand what i'm talking about :).

I have added you to my contacts list (should have done so a long time ago).

We can talk better in there ( and send you my work)

Regards.

geposted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 4:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)