Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ 7 processor overhead

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Curious if anyone can tell me if VDJ 7 requires more processing horsepower than VDJ 6. That would make sense due to the ability to control additional decks, however, new code is often streamlined in ongoing releases. I have VDJ 7 installed on my netbook, and have found that now when I try to play 2 tracks together while the second one is still loading, I sometimes get a snap/crackle/pop which I assume is from the processor maxing out for a split second. This is while using my Vestax VCI-101 controller and the built in sound card (the headphone jack) so I figure it's not a latency issue (bad assumption?) In any case, the exact same set-up with VDJ 6 has no issues, so I am wondering if extra overhead required by VDJ 7 could be the cause? If so, I guess it's back to VDJ 6 on the netbook, or try to trim some background services. Anyone able to chime in with a suggestion or similar observation?

geposted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 2:36 am
I also use a netbook (Advent 4211b/1.6 Atom/2Gb Ram) and I don't have any issues with CPU overloading. I do use a DJIO with it though, as I connect it all through to a DDM4000 mixer, with NDX800's controlling it all.

Strangely, I do have an issue (that's in-hand) with Dual NDX's in version 7, and only because of this do I still use version 6.

geposted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 4:31 am
I have not seen or heard an issue either, but I am using an external Soundcard.

geposted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 10:43 am
Unless the processor is constantly at 100% then I don't see it as an issue at all.

geposted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 10:47 am
try setting the latency to AUTO

uhhhh netbook ......why ??

for another 100 or 200 you can have a laptop with twice the ram and more usb ports ????

at any rate try AUTO/ increasing the latency

trimming background processes never hurts

if you need help PM

most of us here have no idea worth mentioning about CPU'S and Operating Systems, including me

i personally shy away from statements about what uses a lot of processing and what doesn't

VDJ 7 has many new features. I am sure every new release tries to utilize the various operating systems and hardware

more efficiently than it's predecessors, making comparisons difficult .......especially when new operating systems like

windows 7 enter the equation ......

geposted Thu 28 Oct 10 @ 11:12 am
paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
The netbook is my "toy." I use a bootcamped Macbook Pro for the "real" djing. Actually I am really impressed with VDJ performance on the netbook, with the only issue being slow song loads (and now the performance issue using VDJ 7). So impressed, in fact, that I was thinking of buying another controller, a cheap, tiny one if possible, to go along with my 11" netbook. This would make the ultimate, impromptu party combination that you can throw into a bag, and rock at house parties or get togethers without too much worry about damage from beer or other people jamming on it!

geposted Tue 02 Nov 10 @ 4:19 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)