Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.0.1 - Page: 3

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Al RudyPRO InfinityMember since 2009
was wondering where the button for Show Video- Show Music- Show Karaoke is in Version 7? I have one that shows pre-listen and show covers, did we move it somewhere else? thanks Al

geposted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 6:19 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
it's the icon that looks like an eye to the left of the two monitor screens, on the same level as the search bar and to the right.

geposted Wed 24 Nov 10 @ 8:17 pm
If you see the Pre-Listen and show Show covers, and not the rest, then you have the VIDEO Disabled in Config/Video.
Enabled it and ALL will SHOW up.

geposted Thu 25 Nov 10 @ 9:08 am
Al RudyPRO InfinityMember since 2009
thanks Guys! There it is, wow

geposted Thu 25 Nov 10 @ 12:19 pm
my problem with vdj 7 is that they remove some of setting under RECORD....when you go to the config...you don't have the option of doing the LINE IN, MASTER PLUS MIC no more.......

my question now is how do you record with vdj 7 so whatever is said on the mic is also recorded when are recording your mix.....

geposted Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 4:12 am
skltr21PRO InfinityMember since 2010
does anyone know why my hercules rmx console won't work with vdj 7 now??? it worked fine on 6 but now it doesn't work. it recognizes it as a driver but nothing works. the buttons dont do anything. they wont even light up???

geposted Mon 29 Nov 10 @ 7:16 pm
It wont work in what way? you should Tell us what your system consist of.and do a search (at the top right) for Rmx with 4 decks.you will find you need to do a setup under configurations/advance configurations in order to make use of the new stuff in VDJ7.try downloading the software again while you have the Rmx connected.this version will want to replace the previous so you need to install where you last did v.6 ie: C drive/program files/ VirtualDJ folder?..... hope that helps

geposted Tue 30 Nov 10 @ 8:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
skltr21 wrote :
does anyone know why my hercules rmx console won't work with vdj 7 now??? it worked fine on 6 but now it doesn't work. it recognizes it as a driver but nothing works. the buttons dont do anything. they wont even light up???

Are you using a custom mapper with different definition file than the default?

geposted Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 5:30 pm
SBDJ wrote :

Threatening to contact the BBB? Quite frankly ridiculous, let me know how that goes ;) It certainly had no impact on the responses you got I'm afraid.

That's funny. Atomix is not a plumbing company. djad2 needs to learn how to use his computer or find a local VDJ expert who can set it up.

geposted Wed 01 Dec 10 @ 11:42 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
djad2 wrote :
I am disappointed that no one from Atomix have not at least responded to any of my concerns with the VDJ 7 upgrade. I am losing money because my set isn't working at all. If I don't get a solution by this week I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau. It's sad that I have to go to these measures but Atomix is not doing business right.

While I don't normally recommend this, if you don't get a reply from support with in a reasonable amount of time, strike up another ticket.

I have put 6.1.2 version in your download center to try in an attempt to isolate this problem.
When in doubt about a current version, always go back to the prior working version.
They overwrite perfectly and there is no reason to be losing money.
We do not have widespread problems of this kind and in most cases its the computer environment that is causing the problems.

geposted Sat 04 Dec 10 @ 3:03 pm
I am wondering why Virtual DJ has attracted so many little kids who call themselves DJs. They sit out here whining about all kind of issues that seem to be their own gear or setup issues. How about you guys take some time reading the manual and learning about your gear before you start kicking rocks on here.Virtual DJ is the simplest, cheapest, most flexible but less reliable software in the DJ industry. Scratch Live is the most reliable DJ program on the market.That's why you have to use Virtual DJ as a backup instead of your main software. if you're making money in the DJ business spend some wisely and stop whining. I started with Traktor Scratch Pro, then added Virtual DJ Pro, then added Serato Scratch Live, then added Serato Itch. I bring at least 2 setups in every gig including Serato Scratch Live all the time. When I decide to show off on a big gig I bring thunder with Scratch Live, Itch, Virtual DJ, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live 8 to secure The Bridge and use all of them for different reasons. Each program complements the other in terms of features and flexibility. I use two Macbook laptops and a Denon X-1600 mixer. Imagine what I can do with that arsenal. As I said in my profile, if you call yourself a DJ stand boldly behind the word and represent what you do. I have also taken some time to answer your questions with some issues because I can diagnose the problem most of the time but I have a full time job in the military and currently located in Japan.I had an issue lately with Virtual DJ not allowing me to midi-map the X-1600 but they fixed it in the latest update before I even submitted a complaint. Those guys are doing a great job so far. However the EQ section is not working properly because the software detect the rotary knob as a switch and doesn't follow the position of the knob that results in VDJ giving you a false EQ setting.Hope they're working on that because it's important for beatmatching two normal songs by killing or reducing the bass since Denon X-1600 processes audio and midi at the same time on each channel.

geposted Sun 05 Dec 10 @ 10:35 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
deviltiger4life@yahoo.com wrote :
How about you guys take some time reading the manual and learning about your gear before you start kicking rocks on here.

I'd agree with that for everyone to be honest.

Virtual DJ is the simplest, cheapest, most flexible but less reliable software in the DJ industry.

It's not the simplest - it can be simple, but has expandability that can make it probably the most complex too. It's definitely the most flexible, no doubt there. I've had no reliability problems at all - but then I took the time to get things right and test test test - because I am a professional and require my tools to work. I see crashes and bug reports for SSL all the time for example, especially with newer versions.

That's why you have to use Virtual DJ as a backup instead of your main software.

That's just stupid. Most people here will be using VDJ as their main software. I do so myself with no issues. I own quite a few other DVS systems but have no need to use them. If you're saying VDJ isn't reliable enough to be your main system, then you shouldn't be using it as a backup either as your backup has to be just as reliable as your main. For me that backup consists of a backup laptop, also running VDJ. Should I still have issues I can then fall back to another DJ system.

geposted Mon 06 Dec 10 @ 5:35 am
I love, love, love VDJ PRO 7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas to everybody at Virtual DJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geposted Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 1:45 pm
@SBDJ...
When I used the word simplicity I referred to the comparisons of the top 4 DJ programs on the market mentioned in my note. At no time you can tell anyone that Virtual DJ is not simpler than Scratch Live, Scratch Pro and Itch. I assume that every DJ acknowledges the place of each DJ program on the market today based on references, price and reliability. I always listen to the Pros and read what the veterans have to say about a piece before I make my decision. There's no doubt why Coca-Cola is the most popular beverage in the world and BMW a black man's dream car. Back to the bay everything works with Virtual DJ and everything a DJ wants whether amateur or pro is available right at their fingertips. Therefore it requires no extra knowledge, gear or experience which makes it vulnerable and less reliable. Virtual DJ has the highest bugs and crashes reports than the other 3 programs.
I don't know a professional or veteran DJ whose name is in the book that is using Virtual DJ as his main software or even using it at all. I started with Traktor Scratch Pro because Grand Master Flesh endorses the product.I bought Serato Scratch Live because Jazzy Jeff endorses the product. Using Virtual DJ as a backup means that you have a reliable software running on another or the same computer for your main performance or start with Virtual DJ but have the other system on standby in the event that Virtual DJ crashes on you. The word secondary might have been more fit. By the way I use Virtual DJ so far on a third laptop to play videos using automix feature in the background with instant load of my logo picture or video. That looks impressive when I'm mixing and the crowd can see my logo picture or video on the projection screen.Sometimes I mirror the video output and let them see the mix live because a lot of DJs are playing limewire downloaded remixes and drop their name on them. I don't support plagiarism or fake.

geposted Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 2:41 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
When I used the word simplicity I referred to the comparisons of the top 4 DJ programs on the market mentioned in my note. At no time you can tell anyone that Virtual DJ is not simpler than Scratch Live, Scratch Pro and Itch.

I can do things with VDJ that none of those apps can do, so I think simplicity is relative to how you use it. Take plugins for example - I can write those for VDJ. Definitely not simple. VDJScript? Far more complex than Serato's current MIDI capabilities. As I say, VDJ can be simple or it can be complex depending on how you use it.

I assume that every DJ acknowledges the place of each DJ program on the market today based on references, price and reliability. I always listen to the Pros and read what the veterans have to say about a piece before I make my decision. There's no doubt why Coca-Cola is the most popular beverage in the world and BMW a black man's dream car

Your assumption is wrong. I place each program by my own experience - I could care less what anyone else uses. I use what fits the bill for me; I keep on top of pretty much all DJ software and own multiple systems. Price is generally a minor concern. Reliability is critical, thankfully VDJ has been 100% reliable for me in all the time I've used it.

I don't know a professional or veteran DJ whose name is in the book that is using Virtual DJ as his main software or even using it at all.

http://www.virtualdj.com/djs/index.html

Not sure what you mean by book, or by professional either. There are plenty of professional DJs here.

Using Virtual DJ as a backup means that you have a reliable software running on another or the same computer for your main performance or start with Virtual DJ but have the other system on standby in the event that Virtual DJ crashes on you.

VirtualDJ has never crashed for me, and I probably push my luck more than a lot of people as I often have experimental plugins running! However any system can crash - and it's often not the core software that does. I've seen very few v7 crashes on the forum so far for example.

geposted Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 4:00 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You buy a product because somebody endorses it? or at least take it into consideration, you got to be kidding right.

Here's one for you then... Mars Bars, I love em' (and I'm not getting a wad of cash or free products for that either)

geposted Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 5:14 am
BMW a black man's dream car.

OMG!! Your frickin kidding right?? Im black and have no desire to own a BMW!! And Jazzy Jeff also endorses Numark Virtual Vinyl which is VDJ just with a different brand............study a little my friend.

Get a clue already.........
Huey

geposted Wed 08 Dec 10 @ 6:46 am
The 1 second that this image is on the screen is not worth the update. wow.

geposted Thu 09 Dec 10 @ 2:55 am
The 1 second that this image is on the screen is not worth the update. wow.

geposted Thu 09 Dec 10 @ 2:55 am
I have question, im not sure if i am in the write forum but i am starting a podcast and i was wondering how exactly can i fliter the sound on Vdj so its only my voice, i am not soo much smart about know how to do this so maybe someone can send me a msg via *******@***** explaining it to me! would much much appreciated.

No license Users are not allowed to post contact infromations

geposted Thu 09 Dec 10 @ 5:06 pm
81%