Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: QUESTION ABOUT VIRTUAL DJ 7 AND 2 MIDI CONTROLLERS

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have the MK2, if I buy the MK4; Can i use both controllers at the same time in virtual dj 7 for a 4 deck setup?

If not, what is a good cheap controller for 4 decks?

geposted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 1:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can plug them both and assign the first to control 1,2 and the second to control 3,4 decks.

geposted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 6:26 am
You can plug them both and assign the first to control 1,2 and the second to control 3,4 decks.

COOL!!! So how would that work with the output? Could I use one of the controllers as my output? Or would I have to use an external mixer? What I would like to do is do tag sets with people using only virtual dj. What would be my main soundcard? I would like to be able to use the mk2 for 2 tables (like it was normal), then the mk4 for the other 2. Would each controller have all the same functions like a 2 deck? Make sense?

geposted Sat 18 Dec 10 @ 11:39 pm
I think if your trying to do time codes with 4 tables using 2 hercules unit you would need to upgrade VDJ Pro so you can get the advance sound card configuration feature which would allow you to achieve this setup. I don't think the supplied LE version would let you do this.

geposted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 1:35 am
I just want to use 1 laptop, 2 midi controllers (at the same time) and have 4 decks going so we can do some great tag team sets. So i can hookup 2 hercules controllers in vdj7 at the same time and 2 people mix at the same time?

ok 2 midi controllers plugged into 1 laptop running virtual dj 7. 1 dj controller runs decks 1-2, and the other 3-4.

My question is, will they run the exact same way as if i was using 1 dj controller for 2 decks? ((meaning, all the controls will work on each controller as if i was running just a 2 deck mixer (like just my mk2, and vdj)))

But if i'm using 2 midi controllers, i guess i would have to use an external mixer?

geposted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 3:00 am
yeah you can do it but your going to have to tweak the mapper of one of the hercules units since they are both mapped to control decks 1 and 2 by default and you will need to change the mapper on one of them to control decks 3 and 4.

geposted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 3:31 am
In VirtualDJ Pro v7, two dual-deck controllers will automatically be assigned to control decks 1&2 and 3&4.

You can also re-assign then yourself via CONFIG -> Mappers, click on button to the right of the drop-down list and choose the option to re-assign the controllers.

You can upgrade to VirtualDJ Pro at a discount by going to: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

geposted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 1:39 pm
In VirtualDJ Pro v7, two dual-deck controllers will automatically be assigned to control decks 1&2 and 3&4.

You can also re-assign then yourself via CONFIG -> Mappers, click on button to the right of the drop-down list and choose the option to re-assign the controllers.

You can upgrade to VirtualDJ Pro at a discount by going to: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

OH WOW, THANKS ALOT YOU GUYS!!! THE ONLY OTHER QUESTION I HAVE IS, I USUALLY USE MY MK2 RCA OUT TO MY MIXER FOR THE MAIN SOUND. I CAN USE JUST 1 CONTROLLER FOR ALL THE SOUND EVEN THOUGH I'M USING 2?

OH AND WOULD YOU RECOMMEND THE MK4? ITS EXACTLY LIKE THE MK2,,,,, BUT PRETTIER LOL

geposted Sun 19 Dec 10 @ 3:19 pm
hola a todos,queria saver si puedo conectar un denon dn-hc4500,denon dn-hd2500 a virtual dj pro 7 y usar los 4 decks
¿que tengo que hacer? gracias de antemano

geposted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 8:53 am
hola a todos,espero que alguien me pueda ayuda con mis dudas tengo 2 controladores denon dn-hc4500 y dn-hd2500 y queria saver que tengo que hacer para conectar al virtual dj pro 7 y usar 4 decks.de ante mano muchas gracias a todos

geposted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 9:12 am
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

geposted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 12:06 pm
dooze5Home userMember since 2016
Can I use a midi controller on virtual dj home

geposted Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 6:38 pm
No

geposted Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 6:47 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)