Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Add "KEY" and "BPM".......... - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
My opinion, this fearture could be put in the config. browser tab under database as an added option after "Fix" to "Update Tags" this would eliminate an operational problem that could ocure while doing a show....

Now in the browser, you could flag all the files you need to update tags, globally too (We Hope), but it won't write till it's initiated in the config. browser tab, example in image...

geposted Thu 02 Jun 11 @ 7:39 pm
I have a strong background in programming and there's absolutely no reason this would be difficult to do. Since it would save a lot of trouble updating the database and even when you want to sort files by key in windows explorer I can't believe it hasn't been done yet. :D

geposted Thu 04 Aug 11 @ 9:09 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
blueeyesdf wrote :
Save the BPM on MP3 tag in batch mode is a good feature.

+1 on this and I like the idea of doing it in batches. Itch took about 30 hours to write the values all to my songs. It did not give me a choice to do it any other way... Then, so many were wrong that I just erased them in the end. All the right values are in VDJ and would love to have them written back to the songs.

geposted Thu 04 Aug 11 @ 7:23 pm
The one thing I would also like to see is the ability to choose between the numeric version or the lettered version on the file info page.

Huey

geposted Thu 04 Aug 11 @ 7:36 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
i would prefer both to be written but if only one was possible, then yes deffo an option to choose.

geposted Fri 05 Aug 11 @ 4:40 pm
I'd really like to see a feature like this in the new release or as plugin.

Atomix, if you're searching for improvement, here you are! Nr. 1 Hint!!!

geposted Sun 07 Aug 11 @ 3:07 pm
+ 1!

geposted Mon 15 Aug 11 @ 5:15 pm
DjRatRHome userMember since 2010
Bumping because I really want to see this happen. I'm giving Traktor a try because I like its effects better, but I hate how it doesn't detect the key for you, but it *can* pull the key from the ID3 tag. So it would be awesome if I could use VDJ for key detection & DJing most gigs, and Traktor as a second option when I get bored!

There's a free program called Rapid Evolution that does this, but it takes as long to detect the key for one song as VDJ takes to do my entire library! And don't even get me started on that crap called Mixed in Key. VDJ's key detection is second to none!

geposted Thu 26 Apr 12 @ 5:45 am
Hey guys.... I have't seen any new post about the "write the data to the files tags" for awhile.... did someone get something working...

I've been working over 80hrs manually changing all my Song Title's, and Authors.... I first that this was automaticly written to the file tag, but doing
a re-scan... it's all gone... I'm pretty bummed about this....

So Here I am 60% of the way back threw it and when I get done, I'm gonna want this "write data to file tag" working.... I don't want to lose my hours of hard work, finger cramps, many Mt dew late nites.....

Anyone????

DJ Dan
Big Dog DJ's
Santa Cruz CA

geposted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 9:10 pm

geposted Wed 14 Nov 12 @ 10:27 pm
its only for members with a license, though.

i have a program here written in python which does the trick.

its based on the fact that the xml file which carries all the information on the mp3 also has the file path to that mp3 stored alongside.

the program takes the path to an xml file as a parameter, itll run through the given xml file (e.g. the VDJ database) and write the bpm and key info to the appropriate id3tag in the mp3 file.

Ill see if i can make a GUI for it and have it running without the necessity of python 2.7 on the system.

ill keep you posted.

bless

geposted Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 6:59 pm
All programs released on this site are for licensed users. That's something you don't have control over it.

You are very welcome to complete and release your tool for all the community to benefit from it :)
However it's forbidden to release it on another location besides this site. Also when you decide to release it, it will become a tool for Registered Users only! This is the Atomix Policy in order to keep plug-ins free and motivate users buy the program.
If you have more questions please read our FAQ.

Thanks!

geposted Thu 17 Jan 13 @ 1:46 am
I know this is an old thread. As an on topic side note to this conversation, it would be nice to have VDJ support reading the Key tags that MIK updated on my songs. Not really sure why they don't.

geposted Thu 17 Jan 13 @ 8:18 am
I think that depends on where MIK puts the key info.

I'm pretty sure I've seen VDJ take the key from info that was in a tag (possibly the comment tag) of files I've scanned.

geposted Thu 17 Jan 13 @ 9:44 am
Phantoms 'small tagger' is the answer you are looking for until the release of VDJ8, It can batch write the info from or to the tags and visca-versa.... Also I paused the video in Ace's presentation of the alpha version last year and in the advanced options there was an option of 'get key from tags'.

geposted Thu 17 Jan 13 @ 5:24 pm
Thanks guys. I guess my point was just for VDJ to just support ALL standard ID3 tag fields. I appreciate the suggestions and I currently have my own work arounds. But the other big DJ names support the Key field.

In VDJ, even thought I have keys written to the tags, VDJ still wants to scan the track. Just kind of annoying all the work arounds that I have already had to do.

geposted Sun 20 Jan 13 @ 6:28 am
VirtualDj WILL read both BPM and KEY tags if they are present on the standard id3v2 tag fields.
However, as ANY other program, it needs to scan the file to determine the BPM and KEY with it's own algorithms, and with it's own precision.
That's not something "strange" among most DJ software titles...
VirtualDj stores the BPM up to "sample" accuracy. In other words it does not store a decimal value for the BPM. It stores the spacing (in samples) between 2 beats.
For instance 120BPM would be: 44100*60/120=22050 (samples) between each beat.
If you go the other way, a distance of 21928 samples between each beat would be 44100*60/21928=120.6676395476104 BPM !!!

PS: I'm not familiar with MIK software, but putting the KEY on the COMMENTS field is WRONG! id3V2 tags support a dedicated "KEY" field. This field gets read by VirtualDJ!!!

geposted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 4:50 am
What VDJ needs to support now though is the 'grouping' tag.......because MIK in their great wisdom (not) have decided to store their new 'energy level' rating in the 'grouping' tag - which several big name DJ programs can't read.

geposted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 5:38 am
I could mod my tool to copy this field to "user 1" or "user 2" fields of VDJ if needed...

geposted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 7:32 am
groovindj wrote :
What VDJ needs to support now though is the 'grouping' tag.......because MIK in their great wisdom (not) have decided to store their new 'energy level' rating in the 'grouping' tag - which several big name DJ programs can't read.

Agreed, I currently put in in "User 1" but again, it would be nice not to have to adapt. If VDJ could just read all fields, then there would be no need for extra plugins. With all respect to your great tool Phantom, the "rubber cement and duct tape" methods we have to resort to as users does get old some times.

geposted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 8:46 pm
83%