Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV, how connect ground with a laptop ?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Does anyone have a tip on how to connect the turntable's ground wire to a laptop??
The instruction does mention how to connect the ground to a screw of the case of a regular PC, but my laptop has no such thing. Also, its casing is not metal, but plastic .....

Right now, without connecting the ground, i get about 30% quality on the TCV, which is not really enough to use it.

Thanks!

geposted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 9:25 am
A laptop have LOTS of screws, and metal parts, you can connect to for ground...

connect it to one of the ports out, from laptop, such as monitor-out or other port

geposted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 3:44 pm
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
connect the ground always to the mixer !!!!!!!!!

geposted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 4:14 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I connect mine to a screw near the power supply. Get 100% always. Just unscrew a screw, wrap the ground wire around it and screw back into the laptop. It's helpful to get yourself some wire connectors so you can easily unplug the ground if you need to move your laptop. That way you don't have to go through unscrewing each time.

geposted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 4:24 pm
lol only ground your decks to the mixer if your plugging them into it first. in the case of ASIO TCV there is no point in grounding to the mixer and attatching the RCA jacks to the laptop unless your attaching your laptop to the mixer via an XLR or other balanced medium.

geposted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 1:19 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)