Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules or DAC-2/TCV/External Mixer

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'm curious of the benefits of adding a Hercules Mixer to my setup. I have a laptop, TCV, Numark TT-500's, Maya 44 and a Denon X-300 mixer. I understand I can use some buttons on Hercules or DAC-2 to control various VDJ functions but I'm not sure which ones or if there is enough benefit to justify cost. In looking at various setups it seems many folks add one of these hardware tools to their setup.

Thanks in advance for sharing.

geposted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 5:50 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Not sure on the Herc Controller - you already have the Sound Card and Mixer. But, I can tell you that having the DAC-2 makes life easier when you don't want to use the TCVs and get away from point-click or using keyboard shortcuts. I have the DAC and the only time I use mouse or keyboard is when finding music (Search). Play, Stop, Cue, etc, all done with the DAC.

cstoll

geposted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 6:00 pm
Thanks CStoll. You were one of the folks I noticed had TCV and DAC-2. So if I'm using TCV, the DAC would not really be worth the investment if it really just helps with start/stop/cue, etc.. which I do with TCV's, right? I thought I saw that the DAC-2 is around $200...I think I saw that somewhere once. Does the DAC enable you to select samples and effects? Sounds like you still have to search music with keyboard/mouse.

geposted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 7:55 pm
My DAC-2 buttons are really starting to stick. Is anyone else having that issue?

geposted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 9:08 pm
No sticky buttons here.

djej - I kinda limited my response to the basics. Here are some of the things I can do with the DAC. Also, remember that all you can do with the TT is Play, Stop and Platter Pitch control.

- The Basics as mentioned (Play, Cue, Stop)
- Adjust Pitch even with TCV Engaged (I like using this over the TT Pitch control, which I leave a 0%, this gives me Software Pitch control vs. Platter Speed Pitch - IMO Software Pitch is more accurate - plus I get to choose +/-8, +/-12 or +/-34 ranges based on how I set up VDJ)
- Nudge using the Inner and Outer Jog Wheels
- Select Loops 1 beat to 32 beat and Active the Loop
- Select FX 1,2, or 3 and Activate
- Set upto 5 Cues and navigate between them (Consective hits of the CUE button)

those are just some of the things I use with the DAC.
Here is a link to my BLOG entry that lists the README for the DAC Mapper: http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/cstoll/blog1570.html

Hope this helps. Trust me it is worth the investment and think about if you do a gig and don't want to use the TTs then you have a controller at your disposal.

cstoll

geposted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 11:07 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Couple the DAC up with the V-Mix v1.0 (Video Mix - Power User) skin.
Nothing like having a double sized record case showing.
Great job on that skin.

geposted Wed 13 Jul 05 @ 11:11 pm
Thanks CStoll and others. I understand more clearly now.

geposted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 3:14 pm
@mp3rick - Thanks for the compliment. I do have an up-date coming out soon to that skin. Will let you know when it's done.

@djej - your welcome.

cstoll

geposted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 9:06 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)