Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Behringer DDM4000 mapping problem

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi guys ive brought a ddm4000 and ive used the mapper that is on this site, however it only maps certain buttons. For example i myself mapped channels 3, and 4 with eqs etc etc. However the leds dont seem to work, and more importantly the headphone cannot be heard at all. Ive tried mapping the headphone volume knob but vdj doesnt pick it up, so im stuck regarding headphone cueing etc. Also gain knobs cannot be picked up, and the VU display (think thats what its called) doesnt show up any volume output signals, even when the mixer is playing.

Any help guys, is much appreciated.
Best regards

Ryan

geposted Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 12:39 pm
Does anyone from support look at these issues? seems not...! We paid £273 for this software and need support to sort out issues!

geposted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 6:23 am
janjuhar wrote :
Hi guys ive brought a ddm4000 and ive used the mapper that is on this site, however it only maps certain buttons. For example i myself mapped channels 3, and 4 with eqs etc etc. However the leds dont seem to work, and more importantly the headphone cannot be heard at all. Ive tried mapping the headphone volume knob but vdj doesnt pick it up, so im stuck regarding headphone cueing etc. Also gain knobs cannot be picked up, and the VU display (think thats what its called) doesnt show up any volume output signals, even when the mixer is playing.

Any help guys, is much appreciated.
Best regards

Ryan
\

well first off. whats your system config in sound setup? what do you mean headphone can't be heard at all? mapping LED's is listed in the wiki for scripts but it only works if your mixer is able to do it. me being a 3 day owner of a DDM4000 (I returned it cause it's crap) i believe it is not. also if you READ your manual for the DDM4000 you'll see the whole mixer is not mappable.like your gains, headphones etc.

with that being said you might want to READ the manual that came with your hardware before you come to a third party software forum complaining that there's no support for your behringer DDM4000 when the problem isn't VDJ is USER related as in user didn't read the manual. ALSO mappers plug ins etc are mostly user made and not supported by customer support. at least i don't think they are.

fyi wait till you try mapping the DDM4000's fader ;) enjoy.

geposted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 9:59 am
1st of all the DDM4000 isn't crap if you know what your doing......send me a private message and I will help you map it, I had mine working just fine =) even with the crossfader mapped!

2nd I never tried mapping any LED, Im not even sure if the DDM4000 supports that.

and 3rd - Support is here to help you with the software not with 3rd party hardware but you can ask us people on the board and chances are that someone here has experience with whatever hardware your trying to configure.

Anyway, send me a private message telling me what your trying to accomplish with the DDM4000 (are you trying to mix Videos or just audio?) and tell me what kind of sound interface are you using. I will try to help you as best as I can, I sold my DDM4000 (Had nothing to do with it being a bad product, I actually loved it) but I will try to remember off the top of my head.

geposted Fri 14 Jan 11 @ 5:50 pm
lol um i knew i what i was doing. after having TWO units sent to me because of defects i mapped it out even without being able to map the xfader for audio and video at the same time, i gave it a shot in a LIVE CLUB setting. well it just didn't perform as i would have liked. it sounded GREAT! mic compression was nice, effects where good but then buttons started sticking when pressed. NOT GOOD. as with 99% of the behringer products i have tested out (i say this because they NEVER seem to work as stated) i found it to be sub par for a professional setting.

maybe i got TWO bad units but i wasn't taking the risk on a third. set it back got a zero 4 and haven't looked back since.

geposted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 7:48 am
I'm not kidding you when I tell you I had 5 of these units and I never experienced any problems with any of them, 2 of the units I bought new and 3 of them I bought used and I had no problems whatsoever. I ended up selling my last DDM4000 because I wanted a mixer with a built in sound card, I replaced it with a Denon DN-X1700 =) Big difference but there was also a huge price difference. Anyway I don't think the DDM4000 was bad for the price, I noticed they have even gone up in price,.

geposted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 11:42 am
As I have a DDM4000 can I suggest that you don't use it in MIDI mode, but simply as an external mixer (this option is available to PRO users in the sound config).

When I bought mine, I also bought the MIDI cable and to be honest it was a complete waste of money. The DDM4000 is a good mixer and when used in external mixer mode works flawlessly.

If you are using 2 decks, buy a 2 channel ASIO soundcard (Numark DJIO or Native Instruments Audio 2), and setup VDJ so that deck 1 outputs to output 1 and deck 2 outputs to output 2 on the soundcard, then plug output 1 into channel 1 of your mixer and output 2 into channel 2 of your mixer. If you are using 4 decks, buy a suitable 4 out sound card and do the above, with the addition of deck 3 to output 3 and deck 4 to output 4, then feed output 3 and 4 into channels 3 and 4 of your mixer.

All the controls on the DDM4000 will then operate as though you had simply plugged in CDJ's

I have had people say, how do you tell what the levels are doing, etc...my reply...I look at the mixer?????

Simon

geposted Mon 17 Jan 11 @ 6:42 am
hey hermanos necesito el mappers o device de la ddm4000 si lo tienen pasenlo!!!

geposted Sun 27 Jan 13 @ 8:13 pm
DJ911PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Can somebody Translate this into english ? about behringer ddm 4000 midi mapper ?

Bonjour,

ces fichiers ont été réalisés afin que vous puissiez utiliser facilement toutes les fonctions MIDI de la DDM4000,
y compris les LEDs, via le mappeur de Virtual DJ version 6.

Il faut suivre les étapes suivantes:

1- Supprimer auparavant les anciens fichiers (Behringer DDM4000 definition.xml et Behringer DDM4000 mapping.xml) si besoin.

2- Mettre le fichier" Behringer DDM4000 V2 definition.xml " dans le dossier "devices" de Virtual DJ

3- Mettre le fichier " Behringer DDM4000 V2 mapping.xml " dans le dossier "Mappers " de Virtual DJ

4- Connecter puis allumer la table de mixage Behringer DD40000 .

5- Démarrer Virtual DJ

6- Aller dans configuration puis sélectionner l'onglet " Mappeurs "

7- Dérouler la liste des contrôleurs puis sélectionner "Behringer DDM4000"

8- Vous devez avoir la liste de toutes les fonctions de la DDM4000.
Pour connaitre les fonctions dont vous avez besoin, utiliser le document PDF "Transfert Midi Behringer DDM4000",

9- Pour finir, vous pouvez attibuer une action aux sliders, buttons et leds que je n'ai pas utilisés.
Vous pouvez aussi modifier ceux que j'ai déja utilisés , bien evidemment.

Trés bonne utilisation

Yannick.J

geposted Sun 27 Jan 13 @ 8:39 pm

geposted Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 4:36 am
dantouch wrote :
hey hermanos necesito el mappers o device de la ddm4000 si lo tienen pasenlo!!!

Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

geposted Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 4:36 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)