Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: HELP Laptop need to be purchased! FAST! $750 coupon expires

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am looking into video dj'ing. I was going to purchase an all out rackmount system but I like the verstaility of the laptop. Being the bargain shopper, I saw a coupon for a Dell Laptop $750 off $1500 purchase. I built one and want to know what you think about it. THESE COUPONS LAST ONLY ABOUT AN HOUR SO I NEED HELP!

Will it be stable to do the job for a high school dance lasting 4 hours?

Here are the specs:
Inspiron 9300
Pentium M Processor 740 (2.0gh/2mb cache/533mhz FSB)
1 GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 6800'
on board sound card
use external 400 gig harddrive (includes 40 gig internal)
DVD Burner
2,300 - 750 to bring it to about 1,500!

What you think?

Jeff

geposted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 9:20 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Jeff,

I think it will do the job fine, even with MPG1 video, but you will probably want to use an external sound card. Internal soundcards, especially on laptops are notoriously noisy.

-Frd

geposted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 10:10 pm
What if I bought this sound card to go with it?
PCMCIA Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 ZS Notebook sound card or what would you recommend for an external one?

geposted Thu 14 Jul 05 @ 10:22 pm
Hey there, not sure if you purchased your laptop already, but I have that same laptop and it works great with video mixing, the only one thing I did differently is order the 7200 RPM hard drive, because I didn't want to deal with an external hard drive.

As for the sound, if you don't intend to use Time Coded CDs or TCVs, just an external mixer (or the VDJ mixer even), the Audigy 2ZS will work just fine (I tried it a while ago and it worked great, and the sound quality was very good).

To those that say you can't mix videos with a laptop, then they should try one of those, as it works smoothly.

geposted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 9:12 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do you have a link to see that product ?

geposted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 9:52 pm
For an external sound card I recomend the Maya44 USB. Works great.

Killabee44

geposted Fri 15 Jul 05 @ 10:23 pm
An alternative for soundcard is:

http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/CardBus/IndigoDJ/index.php
But the soundblaster is probably your best bet.
http://laptopmag.com/Review/Creative-Sound-Blaster-Audigy-2ZS.htm

I would upgrade to at least 2GB memory to be safe. Corsair makes some of the best, you can catch a deal on a memory upgrade at newegg or tigerdirect.

Check out www.xtremenotebooks.com for more high end but affordable laptop comparisons and www.laptopmag.com for reviews.

Athlon's kick butt, pricey as you get to the higher 64's but sometimes worth the loot and better then the Pentium's (In my opinion). I'm saving for a new one as we speak.

I also like ATI's video cards but Nvidia does a good job too. The real issue is getting great graphics, memory, and sound in a package that is not heavy, that's the problem.

Hope this helps.

Cuidate! (Take Care)
VDJ Batibiri

geposted Sat 16 Jul 05 @ 12:33 am
I have that exact laptop and it works great.

geposted Sat 16 Jul 05 @ 7:22 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Check this website especially for the product: "Notebook shscomputer 1559 JL 'SONOMA' " (belgian site in french).
I think the price is great.

geposted Sat 16 Jul 05 @ 11:25 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)