Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ASIO or WDM with Hercules 4-Mx?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok, so I've used the 4-Mx with VDJ 7 Pro Full for about 12 hours worth of some pretty heavy mixing, etc. It's running flawlessly (under ASIO).

However I'm having a problem with what I'd call "latency" on the MICROPHONE. In other words, when I talk in the Mic, my voice is delayed, I'm guessing around 300ms... enough to cause a very bad echo in my ear and it really messes with my mind. Also since I do mostly Weddings, when the best man is doing a toast, people near the table hear his actual voice, but then they hear an echo of his voice out of my system. It's not acceptable.

Anyway I am conversing with Hercules who is saying "The Virtual DJ uses only WDM, not ASIO. When you want to make a change in the control panel of the console, you need to close Virtual DJ and switch to ASIO, but when you are going to close the control panel and open again the Virtual DJ it will switch automatically to WDM."

So they are saying switch to WDM. I haven't done so yet so I'm not sure if that will fix the mic problem... but assuming I make the switch and the mic problem is fixed.. with that cause any problems with VDJ?

geposted Tue 26 Apr 11 @ 3:49 pm
BTW to add a little info:

Win7 Professional
Processor is dual-core Athalon, 1.9ghz
2mb of memory

I do enjoy mixing so low latency is a benefit. I don't really "scratch" but I do "beatmix" often.

Right now my audio settings are ASIO with 1ms latency "safe" mode. All 4 decks work GREAT. There's really no noticable delay between button-push and action on the laptop. The problem is the microphone which is delayed quite badly.

My main concern is RELIABILITY and the MIC working properly - if I have to give up a little latency to achieve this, then I'm OK with it..

geposted Tue 26 Apr 11 @ 3:59 pm
Every controller I have ever used wants VDJ to be set to the asio driver that came with the device... On the controllers driver installation CD.

So, I'm sure your Hurcules is no different. It sounds like they want you to use the "asio for all" driver... Try using the driver designed for your exact device that came on the installation CD. When you installed the Hercules driver disc most all of the settings should have been correct by default.

geposted Wed 27 Apr 11 @ 2:16 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
I think there must have been some misunderstanding in your conversation with Hercules. They should have told you to stick to ASIO.

As far as the configuration goes, you can look at it on 2 levels:

1) Let VDJ handle the input

2) Let the hardware handle it

For the option #1, use the following configuration:

- Input : Microphone

- Output(s): Headphone

-Soundcard: DJ Console 4-Mx

In this mode, when you press the MIC button, VDJ handles the input. If there is a delay, it is created in software.

For option #2, use the following configuration:

- Input : None

- Output(s): Headphone

-Soundcard: DJ Console 4-Mx

Now, the talk over function of the 4-Mx is done directly in hardware, so the input signal of the microphone is sent directly to Output 1/2, without delay.

In both cases, be sure that Hardware mix mode (in the Advanced tab of the DJ control panel) is set to default. If USB + mic is selected, and you are using configuration #1, it would create additional delay.

geposted Wed 27 Apr 11 @ 8:27 am
I already tried these two options , but I still have the problem with the microphone ( delay voice ) any other option ?

geposted Tue 03 May 11 @ 5:15 pm
Thank you for the help but I'm still having trouble with this -

The option for Input "headphones" is what I"ve already been using. I thought maybe it was a driver problem so I uninstalled and reinstalled. I don't see any obvious change.

The option for Input: None doesn't work at all - when I push the Mic button, it doesn't light up and I don't get any Mic at all :(

YOu mentioned to use "Hardware Mix" in the control panel - I don't show any settings for that (not an "on/off" anyway). I see "Output 1-2 Hardware Mix Option" with 3 options...
USB Streaming 1-2 (Default)
USB Streaming 1-2 + Line in 1-2
USB Streaming 1-2 + Microphone

I have it set to "Default".

This really sucks.. I can't do chants over the music (when I chant on beat, it's not on beat thru the speakers). And the echo for people doing speeches/toasts really is bothersome...

geposted Fri 06 May 11 @ 11:16 am
Help !!!! any ideas?

geposted Thu 12 May 11 @ 6:40 pm
Did you ever find the solution I have the same issue

geposted Mon 30 Jan 12 @ 5:55 pm
Hey guys, I've got a similar problem i think, where when i have virtual dj set in the microphone input, the light turns on put it doesn't lower the music volume (as it should) and the mic input doesn't seem to receive or output the signal from the mics, (I've tested the mics, its not them). If I change that input setting to none, the light doesnt even turn on.

Like you guys, I'm using virtual dj pro 7 and a Hercules 4-mx that i just got, and I'm not happy about having to explain to someone at a gig last night why there was no mics...

let me know if I'm forgetting information

geposted Mon 30 Jan 12 @ 7:03 pm
StunnsPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi i have the same problem, a little latency.
have anyone a solution please?

geposted Wed 06 Mar 13 @ 12:21 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)