Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: how to link my crossfader to vdj for video?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ok i have a denon Denon DN-X050 mixer and a denon hc4500 controller. my question is how do i link the crossfader from my denon to work with vdj doing video? anyone that can help me out thanks
jaime

geposted Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 8:11 pm
You would need a midi controlled crossfader. You can map a button on your hc4500 to fade the video. Im actually thinking of buying this just to use the crossfader for vids.

http://www.numark.com/dj2go

geposted Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 3:40 pm
fuxyhauPRO InfinityMember since 2010
i think dj mike relm didnot need midi controller to play their video, that why im thinking.

geposted Thu 23 Jun 11 @ 7:12 pm
how can i map out the controller?

geposted Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 3:01 pm
I'm not real familiar with mapping controllers. hopefully someone chimes in who knows. you might wanna try the wiki. If I get that controller here soon and figure it out I will let you know.

geposted Fri 24 Jun 11 @ 3:07 pm
If it's just the video croddfader you can use "video_crossfader" or you can use "crossfader" is you want to map the audio and link the video to it, you could also map a key to "video_crossfader_auto" to move towards the default deck (one in the pfl)

geposted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 1:56 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You need to hook xcontrol from the HC4500 to the X500, then make sure you have xcontrol enabled on the HC4500.

Enable link crossfaders in VDJ and away you go hopefully!

geposted Mon 27 Jun 11 @ 10:17 am
how do i enable the link crossfader on the hc4500? i just got the dn x500 mixer

geposted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 11:55 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
you enable it in vdj, goto config > video

theres a check box second from top under the options list.

check it and hey presto..

hope this helps

geposted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 12:13 pm
i did check the box to link video crossfade to audio mixer but nothing.maybe its how its connected th mixer to controller.how do i set it up?thanks

geposted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 12:20 pm
plug your DN-HC4500 into your usb, install any drivers and software needed. open up vdj and your controller should be rocognised by the software. goto, config > mappers > select your controler from the list in the dropdown box. this should be about it.

unless you have to map out your controller, then go back to mappers as stated above.

find crossfader and click on it once..this will give you a list of possible mappings in the list box in the bottom right corner.

select: video_crossfader_link

press ok and test it, it should now be working.

depending on preference you can have your fader as

crossfader
video_crossfader
video_crossfader_link
video_crossfader_auto

crossfader is more for plain audio though and will not controll video.

the other 3 you can play with and see whch you prefer.

crossfader = audio only fader
video_crossfader = video only fader
video_crossfader_link = both audio and vidoe fader
video_crossfader_auto = audio fader with automatic video fading. (sometimes a bit awekward in my opinion but each to their own and i am new to video mixing so still getting used to the transitioning)

hope this helps,
john.

EDIT: auto seems to be quite usefull for undermixing so you can just leave your fader central and use your volume controls and eq for mixing. plus it gives you more chance to work ontransition and video effects.

geposted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 12:55 pm
ok i got it working now but the video crossfade does work but when i am cuieng the audio on the other deck you can hear it how can i lnk both audio and video with the crossfader?

geposted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 2:22 pm
ok i think i got some cunfused here i got the mixer linked up to video but the audio is playing through both channels .for example i have the crossfader to the left and cueing up deck right i can still hear it coming from the left left how can i have get both audio and video linked together?

geposted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 3:22 pm
and i have the denon dn x500 mixer...

geposted Fri 08 Jul 11 @ 3:23 pm
sounds like you have your fader set to

video_crossfader_auto

if so you need to minimise the volume of you cued deck with your volume slider.

when using the auto function the volume for the outgoing deck has to be set to zero at the end of the transition.

geposted Sat 09 Jul 11 @ 7:43 am
never mind, i just spotted your other thread.....lol

geposted Sat 09 Jul 11 @ 7:48 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)