Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Thinking about starting to VJ but I have a concern

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have been dj'ing for a while now & want another challenge....I think I want to VJ because noone in my town does it so I think it will help me stand out more. I see that it is a lot of time involved in VJ'ing....I talked to a guy that did a wedding that came from out of town & he told me that he is subscribed to one of the websites that you pay monthly for but also said that sometimes they only have the edited versions as far as the audio so he has to go into a video editor & replace the edited version audio with the dirty.....

My concern is that I have a lot of music & I am gonna do the whole subscribing to one of the services thing, what would I do if I played a song that I don't have a video for? I think it would look a little tacky to not have something come up on screen. So how can I fix it to where something will show even when I'm just playing a audio song??

Thanks In Advance....

geposted Sun 28 Aug 11 @ 10:25 pm
You can use clip bank to project images or other video clips when you are spinning a tune that is not a video (an mp3)

Works like a champ.

geposted Mon 29 Aug 11 @ 2:17 pm
Ok, so now I need 2 play with the clipbank 2 figure out how to get stuff loaded up 2 it....

geposted Wed 31 Aug 11 @ 10:45 pm
to load clipbank just right click the box you want to load, another good trick is to go into --> config --> video options --> choose " use this plugin for audio files only" and select "sonique", this will have sonique on the screen if only playing an audio file so your audience never sees a blank screen.

geposted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 12:57 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
These may help, there's more tutorials on my home page if you want to check them out....

remember to have your vids stored where they are accessable for clipbank as they need to be in the same location each time you open up VDJ

You can also make multiple clipbanks....

Here's how to use Soniques...

Go into config > choose video tab > go down to the bottom right drop down window and select sonique, to the left make sure you tick the box, come out of config and select effects > select video tab > select sonique > select/click on activate > select open > this is where you go to where you have your sonique folder, now open the folder and double click on a file, this will now run your sonique effects. you can now play with the two sliders for the type of effect you want. slide show delay will give you how long each effect will run for and the transparency will let you fade the soniques over other effects like a video, show logo etc...

N.B If you have the time go through your individual soniques and delete the crappy ones, saves getting them up on the screen.

There is also a third free option in which to use video files and that is the VDJ - Firetext multi plugin go [url=http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/10481/FireText_VirtualDJ_Plugin.html]hereurl] to get your free copy.

If you need any help with it just give me a shout.

geposted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 6:59 am
Tayla,

I will check out your videos but I can't use Firetext cause I searched for it the other day & it only had the windows sign on it & I use a Mac, I was a little disappointed cuz I have heard great things about firetext.....

geposted Sat 03 Sep 11 @ 1:26 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)