Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Looking for music videos - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

ok i have been at this for about 6 months now, i do the karaoke and dj thing starting to get into videos looking for decent music videos, im small time just starting off trying to fill my supply, been with 8th wonder its good especially for the price, and virtual dj for on the spot song request, and just recently was sucker into a video pool called infield media, wow i will never do that again, that was a total waste of money and time, also tried the Youtube thing hit and miss with that, but looking for a site that has a wider range of genre, every site offers a whole lot of hip hop, and dance and i have a whole lot of that, what im mainly looking for is country videos, rock videos, and spanish videos, is there a site like that or am i dreaming with my head in the clouds, i have heard good things about idj.com but was checking out there site and was running alil over $100/mth, which maybe kinda steep for me plus you have to fill out a application form which seems kinda scary for small time like me, but if they got what i need then i guess thats where it is, i also know about dj cutt and his country vids not bad but very limited, so i guess what im asking is does anyone else do country , rock, and spanish vids and where are they getting them from and what do ya recommend that is the best?

geposted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 10:17 pm
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I use Promo Only, 8th Wonder Promos and VJ Street.
The thing that always bugs me is seeing the word "Promo" on screen and even more with a DJ's announcement/intro in some of 8th Wonders video's!
Recently I found VJ Street and I am slowly replacing my collection as most of their Vids DO NOT have any titles! They have a wide variety & add to it daily.
(If you want on-screen titles run the plug-in SBDJ scrolltext w/the Artist/Title macro.)

geposted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 8:31 am
Yes I also had that issue with 8th wonder, almost every video has that promo logo come on before and at the end of the video some come on middle of video but always in the corner at least never in the middle so it's not that bad, does the vjstreet have a lot of country, rock, and Spanish vids? How much does it run a month?

geposted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 8:59 am
Oh and what do you mean by on screen titles? Sorry kinda new at this?

geposted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 9:00 am
On their site you can check out the Genres drop-down and you can see what they have. You can also do previews online.
Prices start at 9.95 for 25 vids & NO monthly fee!

maverick77014 wrote :
Oh and what do you mean by on screen titles? Sorry kinda new at this?

The Artist/Song title/etc.

geposted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 9:50 am
K definetely will look into that, has anyone ever dealt with idj?

geposted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 2:27 pm
i use keepvid . com , it saves music videos from youtube and sites like it.. works very well especially with the newer videos available in 1080p.

geposted Sun 11 Dec 11 @ 8:42 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

www.smashvidz.com and www.crooklynclan.net (pay per download).

Both do a lot of hip hop.

geposted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 5:26 am
google dvd soft... also buy a liccence for a hard drive in canada.

geposted Wed 28 Dec 11 @ 10:42 pm
Whats up The best of the best use smashvidz.com they have Intro/Outro Videos, Remixes, Snipz(intro verse chorus outro) also have some acapellas. Been with them since the beginning. I use to use Promo only but hate that they leave the cinematics and breaks in! so switched! Pretty much you pay for what you get! aKeep vid lol so you dont pay for anything?

geposted Tue 03 Jan 12 @ 5:37 pm
theBlake89 wrote :
i use keepvid . com , it saves music videos from youtube and sites like it.. works very well especially with the newer videos available in 1080p.

You did not pay for your mixing software and now you don't want to pay for your music. Do you think it is fair that someone pay you to play music at their venue or do you plan on gigging for free?

geposted Tue 03 Jan 12 @ 11:33 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009

geposted Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 7:56 pm
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I'm not very happy either with 8th. Some have intros and outros, some don't. Seems most of the extended all have the crap in the beginning. My 12 inch is ok for regular versions however they hardly have any intro outros. I'm looking myself. Thinking of the smashvidz also and or the vj pro.

geposted Sun 15 Jan 12 @ 10:05 am
docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
djBAV wrote :
I use Promo Only, 8th Wonder Promos and VJ Street.
Recently I found VJ Street and I am slowly replacing my collection as most of their Vids DO NOT have any titles! They have a wide variety & add to it daily.
(If you want on-screen titles run the plug-in SBDJ scrolltext w/the Artist/Title macro.)

My question is, if there is no tiltle or company listed in the beginning how do the music gods know if you illegally downloaded it or purchased it? Just wondering.......

geposted Sun 15 Jan 12 @ 10:13 am
In "my account" you can list your download history and see tracks, date and time of download.
As I only play weddings and private parties (no clubs), I hadn't thought about it.

geposted Sun 15 Jan 12 @ 11:36 am
For myself I use Promo Only to keep on top of the new hits coming out, and there's a good variety from top 40, house, country and rock. If I want to find something that hasn't come out, I'll hop over to crooklynclan.net (again pay per song/vid) and find the new essentials. I haven't tried the other services yet, I had done the youtube videos before, however it can be hit and miss.

geposted Tue 06 Mar 12 @ 6:52 pm
oh mannnnnn!!!! vj-pro and smash just combined their services i am in video heaven thank you jesus! now i got one stop shopping

geposted Tue 06 Mar 12 @ 8:20 pm
Yup, like it is Christmas all over again!

geposted Wed 07 Mar 12 @ 11:10 am
Not to mention that you get 50 credits for $60 on VJ Pro now!! Twice as many for $10 more than before and videos from both sites.

geposted Fri 09 Mar 12 @ 1:19 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
But i feel the longtime Smashvidz users are getting hosed. :(

I know people who had the grandfathered $30/mo plan. Now it is $20/mo for "membership" and then purchase credits.$129 for 200 credits. One video with multiple edits only uses 1 credit, but still right now the new merger feels like the longtime supporters are getting the short end of the stick.

There are other plans but the one i mentioned is the highest with the most value.

geposted Fri 09 Mar 12 @ 4:03 pm
50%