Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Video related wishes and new features - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Please post here your ideas and any improvements or new features you would like to see for Video.

Keep this thread clean. Any other newly created video related threads will be locked.

Thank you.

geposted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 5:42 pm
I'd like to see "Video Faders" that arent attached to the volume faders. This is needed so I can have a loop playing with the crossfader open and not showing the video.

Hope that makes sense
Huey

geposted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 8:18 pm
I don't really use video, but here are some suggestions..

• the video faders when linked to "fade to black", should be unlinked when at 0% so you will be able to see the video prior to introducing it to the screen, It could be done with mapping, but would be better built in.

• we need to be able to activate and query the activation of the specific video_fx like we can with audio effects

• It would be good to get a "boom_auto" that responds to only the low frequency, so the video "boom's" on the bass drum

geposted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 12:05 pm
Also the effects should only affect the deck their assigned to. Just like the audio effects. Not the master video out. So if I activate boom_auto on deck 1 it has no effect on deck 2's video. Only deck 1 will boom. Hope that makes sense. I believe DJ Decks video effects work how I want ;-)

Huey

geposted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 12:34 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Actually FX should be assignable to either a specific deck or the master.

Showlogo, Scrolltext etc make more sense on the master video output.

geposted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 2:22 pm
I should have said that, lol! I just figured it'd be that way.

+1
Huey

geposted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 2:28 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Having the capability to turn all active effects off, and then back on again without having to re-activate all individually...

....and Ship option for dead talky scenes in videos...

geposted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 3:49 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :

I've actually got a plugin that can do that with VDJ commands attached to cue points. It's in my to-publish list :)

geposted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 6:56 pm
I would like the ability to "Overlay" karaoke words over other music videos or over the camera option..

geposted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 8:23 pm
SBDJ wrote :
JoeyKJ wrote :

I've actually got a plugin that can do that with VDJ commands attached to cue points. It's in my to-publish list :)

SBDJ, if you would like me to do some testing for you on your plugin, let me know :)

geposted Tue 06 Dec 11 @ 10:39 am
OK, you can sync video to audio files, great... but is there some way you can set an audio cue point to a corresponding video cue point to sync the timing of them together???
Example, the video has sound effects, and it's audio has poor mp3 quality... get a 320kbps mp3 and link the original music video to it...
Currently I have to edit the audio and add silence to it's beginning, a lot of work!!!

geposted Wed 07 Dec 11 @ 1:43 am
hello.
2 suggestions

using clip bank tools
i suggest a way to create something allowing to create and launch in one click an automixed video playlist available in each slot...
for exemple, i need artistic video during this song, just launch slot with artist video playlist....

also...i would create the same clip bank tool , for pictures...you need to display a specific picture (ex: partner logo ) in one touch....

Of course, it is necessary to be able to launch the "slots" using midi controller.
with stuff like AKAI MPD controller will be a great add to VDJ

to finish a skin with 4 deck previous ( without the swap function would be interesting ) and each video display independently...

geposted Mon 12 Dec 11 @ 5:40 am
Could i suggest that virtual DJ could make use of a 3rd video output to show any of the following..

1. ClipBank Clips: could be used to show clips of advertising like drinks promos, event promos
2. A Ticker: could be used to advertise the current track playing, a text number for DJ requests, or the name of the next singer..
3. Camera plugin: when playing a karaoke clip, the webcam plugin could override the clipbank so people on stage could be shown all around the venue or on monitors outside...
4. Photo SlideShow: send either the atomix slideshow or SBDJ slideshow to 3rd monitor.

just a though.

all this would free up the "Main Video Output" for music videos and karaoke.
maybe this could be done with another PC or using extra software, but it would be great if we could control this within VDJ. many venues i've worked at they have some extra screens connected to a DVD player to show promos..

geposted Tue 13 Dec 11 @ 9:31 pm
Would love VDJ8 to support ".ts" file in 1080p

geposted Sat 17 Dec 11 @ 11:21 am
If memory serves .ts files are MPEG-2 and thus are already supported. Simply add it as a codec with the type video decoder and it should work as far as I know.

geposted Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 7:32 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Need a "Sequential" option in ClipBank...Please...

geposted Fri 06 Jan 12 @ 2:56 pm
how about video fx intigration with audio effects.. eg

• if you activate the echo on a video the video fades with the audio delay, you could also use the wet/dry for the original video transparency.

• if you activate a roll you grab and repeat the same section of video as the sound, same with the wet/dry as above

• high pass filter could white out, bright out or blue out the screen, low pass could make it darken or red out.

• flanger could seperate the video (like going crosseyed) using an lfo just like what is happening to the sound

• activating the beatgrid could do a video effect like sbdj's squares

• red, green, blue could be linked to the eq's low, mid, high

• etc...

it seems the next logical step if you want to dominate the video dj market...

geposted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 11:35 pm
Somebodies been brainstorming, lol!! All great ideas......

+1
Huey

geposted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 11:56 pm
You'll be happy to know I've already been discussing this.... ;)

geposted Fri 20 Jan 12 @ 5:32 am
cool! I look forward to it scott :-D

geposted Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 2:59 am
12%