Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Several important features

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

1) More than 3 cue points:

3 cue points is nice. 5 is better. Unlimited is really nice. I use cue points to identify points in the song that I need to use for different things. Especially when it comes to tracks that are used primarily as samples, 3 isn't even close to enough. There is no logical reason why I can't have 25 cue points stored in a track. Maybe I'd only have access to three of them on my MixTrack, but so be it. Maybe there would only be 3 hotkey buttons. But I want 25, and maybe like a dropdown or something to chose from those 25, so that I can find samples, or interesting points in the song.

2) Support for multiple tag values.

If I tag a track "DJ Krush;Aesop Rock" it does NOT mean that the artist for the track is "DJ Krush/Aesop Rock". It means that the artist for the track is BOTH "DJ Krush" AND "Aesop Rock". Now if I search for EITHER of those, I should get that track in my list. If I browse to EITHER of those, I should get that track in my list. If I make a folder with EITHER of those as a condition, I should get that track, unless of course said folder has the other artist as an exclusion condition. This is especially important for both artists and genres, but is likely relevant for other fields.

3) Album Artist != Contributing Artists <- Notice I used plural here, see above point.

There is a reason these fields are distinguished in ID3. Support both of them, please.

4) Paste Album Artwork

Like every other music manager, please allow me to add album artwork to a track from the windows clipboard. Especially since your automated finder thingy does not work more often than not.

5) Support for Hierarchical Genres

Progressive House > House > Electronic. If I view "Electronic" I get house, trance, etc. If I view "House", I now only get house, as well as any genre under house. If I view "Progressive House", I get only stuff I've defined as a very specific genre. Yes, I know I can do this with search folders. I don't want to. I want to do it with hierarchical genres.

geposted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 6:21 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You already have access to at least 99 cue points, possibly more. You can also name cue points if you didn't already realise.

geposted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 6:36 pm
Erm....HOW??????????

geposted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 6:42 pm
1. you can have upto 99 cue points

3. you have 2 spare fields, but usually the contributing artist or remixer is in the song name

4. you can set the cover in itunes, and have vdj get the cover from that.

5, you would need to set up multiple filter folders to have it so the geres were hieratical eg

electronic
- genre contains "progressive house" and genre contains "fidget house" and genre contains "dutch house" and genre contains "trance" and genre contains "drum n bass"

house - genre contains "progressive house" and genre contains "fidget house" and genre contains "dutch house"

progressive house - genre contains "progressive house"

Quote :
Erm....HOW??????????

you can specify the hot cue number eg. hot_cue 74 in the mapping, but there is no dropdown built into an of the skins, but you could probably do it with a "multibutton" on a skin...

you can name a hotcue by right clicking it in the wave view and selecting rename, or you can have a button to both set and name a cue with hot_cue 74 & cue_name 74 "random_name"

geposted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 6:46 pm
Educate the masses my brothers, lol!!

geposted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 7:47 pm
1. you can have upto 99 cue points

Hrm....time to start making some new skins. Where exactly are the skin files saved so I can look at the ones that come with it and start there?

2) Support for multiple tag values.

It is worth noting that ID3 v2.4 specifically allows for this, with multiple values being separated by the null character.

3. you have 2 spare fields, but usually the contributing artist or remixer is in the song name

Yep....a few points on this:

1) I don't like using spare fields. I'm a data nazi (a database developer by profession). Data is semantic....or it doesn't exist. Putting data in an unlabeled field is a HUGE no-no for me, especially as I'm liable to forget, or worse, change what I want to put in that field. Thus searching using that field becomes completely ineffective, as half my library is tagged one way, and the other half a different way. Not ok. I fully realize this is a personal obsession....

2) I personally tag files as semantically as possible. Most legal MP3 download sources do the same. Thus, the distinction is important.

3) Yes, in this case the track name is "Kill Switch (feat. Aesop Rock)". However, using the filter:

artist="Aesop Rock"

does not bring that track up. I want it to (in this instance, I'm in a club, playing hip-hop. I know that Aesop Rock is a hip-hop artist, while DJ Krush is a generic electronic artist. So I am looking for hip-hop to play, and I want Aesop Rock, in all forms. I select DJ Krush, because this is a topless club, and they like electronic mixes of things). Now I want the two fields, so that I can also write the filter:

album_artist="Aesop Rock"

which will give me any track which was CREDITED to Aesop Rock, but not remixes or appearances by him.

4. you can set the cover in itunes, and have vdj get the cover from that.

Or Windows Media Player, which I hate slightly less than iTunes. Or Winamp. Or various ID3 editors. Or {Insert your favorite generic music software here}. But I'd rather not do. I want to be able to work with my media library in VDJ, because VDJ is awesome.

5, you would need to set up multiple filter folders to have it so the geres were hieratical eg

But wouldn't it be nice to simply be able to drag-and-drop progressive house under house and not have to worry about filters?

[EDIT] I do not know how to make quotes...I tried BBC code, and it did not work...

geposted Sun 04 Dec 11 @ 8:10 pm
If memory serves, users without a purchased license can't use BB code.

geposted Mon 05 Dec 11 @ 7:26 am
i am using virtual 7 now on my browser i see title artist bpm but the thing is i play a lot of ridims so why doesn't album appears on the screen as well because when i use any other laptop all my riddims appears so i have no problems mixing now with the macbook the rid dims are all over the place and it appears under the title how can i fix this

geposted Wed 01 Aug 12 @ 2:05 pm
You can add album to the browser view by right clicking the column headers.

For on deck display you might need a different skin, which would require VDJ Pro Full.

geposted Wed 01 Aug 12 @ 8:17 pm
im thinking that you all need to spend the money as there is so much that your missing...

geposted Fri 12 Oct 12 @ 2:14 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)