Forum: PC Version Technical Support - Topic: VDJ LE Lite, Numark DJ2GO, and Numark PHX USB

Use this forum if you have any question, bug, or technical difficulty with VirtualDJ on Windows.
Before posting, please read the FAQ.
(if you find bugs with the new VirtualDJ 8, please use the specific VirtualDJ 8 Bug Report forum).
VirtualDJ Forum
PC Version Technical...
VDJ LE Lite,...

Autor - Topic: VDJ LE Lite, Numark DJ2GO, and Numark PHX USB -

cascadedj
CUE user
Member since 2011

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 9:47 am
Hi,

I'm putting together a backup system with an old PC running Windows 7. I bought a Numark DJ2GO controller bundled with Virtual DJ LE Lite. I also bought a pair of Numark PHX USB headphones thinking I could use it to cue music.

I'm using the audio out (headphone jack) on the laptop to send my master audio to a small mixing board and speakers, but was wondering if there is a way to set this system so that I could use the headphone button on the Numark DJ2GO controller to cue music in my USB headphones and have the master audio go to the mixing board and speakers.

I'm a Mac guy, so not too familiar with the Win7 OS. When I plugged the headphones in to the USB port on the computer, all I could hear was the master out (not the cue/headphone mix).

Would be nice to have this tiny backup system have the ability to cue music. Thanks in advance for your help!
~Joe

Posted Tue 10 Jan 12 @ 4:24 pm
You'd need to configure your sound settings correctly.

I would guess that the USB headphones act like a stereo USB sound card, so you would probably need the following:

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Sound card: 2 cards

1st card: Choose your laptop's built-in card
2nd card: Choose the USB headphones

Click Apply.