Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Cue Points Editor????

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

On the features page in Virtual DJ it states that you can use an infinite number of cue points. I have tried searching for skins and plugin that has access to multiple cue points. Now that SBDJ has created a plugin that uses the cue points to control lighting. There may be a need for an easier way to add and remove cue points and change the name of the cue points in larger numbers. Can i suggest a more advanced prelisten window that has the waveform and can edit cue points? or maybe a plugin that can asist us with this?

geposted Tue 17 Jan 12 @ 1:19 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
That depends on the number of cues you intend to use in a song.
You can rightclick on the cue points (flags) on the song(progress)position, but if you need to add more than e.g. 50 cue points, then even the songposition will not be viewable :P

geposted Tue 17 Jan 12 @ 1:30 am
what you could also do is set a cue and name it at the same time, I suggest getting maybe a matrix controller or some stickers for your keyboard and map the most frequently used lighting cues. the code you would need is

set_cue 10 & cue_name 10 "FS:272,1"

you can use any cue number and name you want so you can easily set the lighting cues, if you modified a skin you could use the code on that aswell

geposted Tue 17 Jan 12 @ 1:58 am
Thank you for the prompt response.

@djdad I want to set points for breaks and builds, etc. So maybe 10+ points on a more complex song.

@synthet1c The last time i studied programming and code was back in 1999 and that was Visual Basic. Haven’t touched it much since then. I have tried to and had some success working my way through some of the VDJscript when mapping my controller. Did not think about using it for setting up cue points and your suggestion works great.

It is such a pleasure using this forum when there is such a quick and helpful response.

geposted Tue 17 Jan 12 @ 4:56 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I could also add a VDJScript command to the plugin that when activated prompts you for a cue number and name, allowing you to easily set new cue points for lighting.

geposted Wed 18 Jan 12 @ 9:15 am
Sounds like a good idea. it would be great if you could add in an option for the 6 Cuelist Tab's FSCodes 266-271.I have tried the suggestion from synthet1c and made shortcuts for 16 cue points and it is working well, but it is not very practical to have shortcuts for all Tabs and cuelist's (6x16=96 short cuts).

Not sure if you get a moment and maybe write a short manual or some sort of instructions with the suggestions from synthet1c and the code that you use to get your plugin to communicate with freestyler.
My collegue posted about the new plugins on the Freestyler Forum and mentioned the small problem with not having a cue "on" and "off" Command.

Matt Replied.

"Thanks for the update, is great to see virtual DJ and Freestyler communities working together.
If SBDJ contacts Raph there is a new set of commands being added to FS in which you can get the current status of the Cue and then apply logic to over come the issues your currently having.

Matt "

geposted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 9:32 am
I am not sure if this is a skin limitation but not all the cue points are showing up on the deck wave form display.
Do you guys know the reason for this? Is there a setting that I can change?
It is usefull when setting the cue points in the songs.

geposted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 9:16 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)