Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: How did you decide to get into video djing?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Or what impressed you to make the leap.
Did the cost keep you out and then change?
Netsearch make a starting point for you?

geposted Sun 11 Mar 12 @ 12:08 pm
when researching for which software we were going to use for the club when we went digital. it was a double whammy no-brainer - software that treats video like it was music + watching a DJ Larry D video mix on youtube = SOLD!
I might never be able to mix video like he does, but that one video mix hooked me both on video mixing and VDJ.

geposted Sun 11 Mar 12 @ 3:30 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
For me it was a visit to the Atlantic City dj show in 2003.
Browsing by the Promo Only booth and couldn't get close.
The next day I got close, attended a couple of seminars on gear and editing by Roonie G and picked up my first 3 discs right then and there.
That night when I returned to the motor home for the night I had my laptop and KJ tv with me and had the first gathering of ppl just as curious listening to audio coming from a Bose Wave radio.
Bought a lot of gear that has since moved on, but still continue to love video dance parties.

geposted Mon 12 Mar 12 @ 9:52 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
My club on Bourbon Street has been doing videos since the 80s. The VHS library was massive! The DVD subscription (Promo Only) started in 2001 if I recall. I actually started that when I was asked to do a video set in the downstairs video bar.

I mainly play upstairs...well after using VDJ for a bit I wanted to be different from the rest of the upstairs DJs so I started to incorporate music videos into my set. I do A LOT of videos now but I have noticed that at both residencies sometimes the crowd doesn't like all the videos on the dancefloor because it is too much light so at one residency I show the videos on the bar monitors only.

geposted Tue 13 Mar 12 @ 3:48 pm
VJing gives people the best of both worlds. Those who want to dance, will hit the dance floor and go to the audio. Those who just want to sit at the bar and drink, will chill and end up with the "dazed effect" of sitting there and staring at the music videos. Regardless, its a win win for anyone who goes out because it caters to everyone.

geposted Thu 15 Mar 12 @ 3:05 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
For me it all started with Apple TV. I throw many parties at my house. Normally I just played audio files to a slide show of photos. One of them, I decided to play some videos that were on my Apple TV. That inspired so much conversation that I decided to incorperate them into one of my residencies.

The first couple of nights, everyone had a blast, saying how much different the energy was in the club. They had something to talk about when meeting people (MTV days, other videos and trivia). Which helped more singles meet and when they did, it went so well that they were more into dancing, etc. That is when I was hooked.

Dancers almost never look at the monitor and it does not have the same impact as when it was new to people. But it does contiune to get me exposure and shows. VDJ has allowed me to do things that nobody was able to do. Stream audio feeds to other rooms, samples for game shows, video, the list goes on. While all the others say "I am not a real DJ because I don't use CDJs or TTs" and the Serato/Tractor guys bash me. The club actually was getting complaints when I was not on staff that night because they could not do what I can do. VDJ pro = best investment ever! The competition is still very far behind.

geposted Sun 18 Mar 12 @ 6:29 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

DJ's behind laptops telling other DJ's behind laptops they're not real DJ's lol.

geposted Fri 23 Mar 12 @ 9:41 pm
For me it was a dream I was brewing for a long time
I knew some day it would be a possibility so I was collecting music DVDs and such

I stated on my website that I could dj in video and One day someone picked up on that and booked me for a gig
He gave me two weeks notice so really I had to get up and running in that time

I never turned back after that , it all happened in the blink of an eye , i got two (soon to be 3 ) residencies out of it !

In the times of so many fake djs out for the quick buck (you know the kind who pirate all their music), video djing has enabled me finally to set myself apart from the rest in a way that the customers can SEE the difference

And this is what they are looking for too! To set their bar/club apart from the rest

It has restored my faith in djing and i guess in a way it has restored that 'buzz' I used to get when collecting vinyl

All thanks to virtual dj ! :)

geposted Tue 03 Apr 12 @ 3:52 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)