Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Audio glitch popping with new MacBook - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

bowmaLE userMember since 2011
Have used vdj for a few month with my old windows netbook 1.6ghz with xp and a pioneer ergo without any problems.

I decided to upgrade my netbook and to try a MacBook.

Brand new MacBook pro 2.4ghz dual core, 4gb ram. Which I figured spending this much cash would exceptionally increase the performance and speed of using vdj.

The problem is with the audio. Seems to be more when I'm mixing in another tune. When I turn nobs on the ergo or even when songs are just playing it has a slight pop or clicks in the audio quality every so often.

Obviously this is very annoying as I expected much better performance rather than worse.

The strange thing is that when I record what i am doing and play it back the music does not contain the pops and clicks what I can hear while mixing...

Any help appreciated!
Thanks a lot

geposted Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 3:03 am

geposted Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 6:50 am
Okay I have done/ checked everything on that list and it's still doing it.

I do not think performance issues are a concern what so ever on a brand new £999 MacBook. Considering vdj is the reason I bought it and the first program I tried!

geposted Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 10:03 am
Are you using a sound card or the headphone output from the Mac

If you are using a sound card what type and have you installed the current drivers for it ?

geposted Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 4:49 pm
also which skin are you using.... I have had some skins cause This isuue

geposted Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 8:38 pm
It is a new MacBook I'm not using a separate sound card just what is in the machine and I have done all latest system software updates.

I am using which ever skin is provided with the vdj download for Mac. I haven't changed it and not sure how to check. But it's the ddj-ergo skin. Which came with the download.

My headphones plug into the ergo.

Cheers

geposted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 10:23 am
My CPU usage bar shows 3.5 lit up out of 26 so defo not a processor problem

geposted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 10:26 am
Just upgraded to pro version trial.

I'm using 1280x800 skin as this looks right.

geposted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 10:32 am
try using the virtual dj 2 deck 1280 x 800 skin. Let me know if that helps

geposted Thu 19 Apr 12 @ 8:33 pm
But I bought the ergo with the vdj software. Why would I use the standard skin? It
Should work with the ergo skin

geposted Mon 23 Apr 12 @ 10:06 am
And I tried it and it didn't help regardless

geposted Mon 23 Apr 12 @ 10:07 am
Any other options then or is traktor the only option?

geposted Wed 25 Apr 12 @ 9:11 am

geposted Wed 25 Apr 12 @ 9:50 am
I have the macbook pro with the same specs, popping noises are usually a skin that is the wrong resolution or a latency issue. Make sure osx updates are current, make sure the ergo firmware is current. When you are in the sound setup in vdj what are your settings?

Inputs
Outputs
Soundcard

Also are you running VDJ in OSX or in Windows?

geposted Wed 25 Apr 12 @ 12:50 pm
jaygabsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have the same exact problem with the same MacBook. I just bought mine a few weeks ago. After testing, we realized that it does not record the pops and glitches, but you do hear them during performance. One thing we did realize was that it only happens for us when there's a song playing on both decks and you try to type in the search bar. Any help from VDJ teamers is appreciated. I tried all the permissions issue fixes, no help. Thanks

geposted Wed 25 Apr 12 @ 9:38 pm
jaygabsPRO InfinityMember since 2009
My problems are being experienced with a Denon MC6000. Another thing we tested for was that it only happens with the controller plugged into the usb and using the denon sound card outputs. When using the single output option (built-in output) and the headphone jack on the macbook - it has no problem. It seems like a latency/sound card issue so I messed with the latency. When I increase latency to 2048 it got better, but still stuttered. When I decreased the latency to 64 it got really bad with the stuttering. If you want me to try anything else let me know. Thanks for your help!

geposted Wed 25 Apr 12 @ 9:50 pm

geposted Thu 26 Apr 12 @ 7:01 am
Yea all my firmware and software is up to date this is the first thing i downloaded onto my brand new macbook.

INPUT : NONE
OUTPUT : HEADPHONES MASTER CH 1/2 , HEADPHONES CH 3/4
SOUND CARD : 4 OUT CARD - PIONEER DDJ ERGO

Thanks

geposted Wed 09 May 12 @ 10:05 am

geposted Wed 09 May 12 @ 9:36 pm
Sounds like I've just gotta deal with it then? Bit of a knightmare after spending £999 thinking it would run better

geposted Sat 12 May 12 @ 12:52 pm
87%