Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Samsung 7 Series vs. Asus G75:

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

My Asus G73 was a great DJ machine at one time, now its so unreliable I can only use it at home. It has locked up on several occasions while at gigs and tonight playing in the house I got it to blue screen.
My primary gig machine is a Mac Book Pro but now I need a back up.

My buddy is currently looking for a new laptop as well and asking me what to get. I was recently in Best Buy looking at the new Samsung Series 7, $999. and I was impressed.
The specs on the new Asus G75 are even better but after my experience with Asus I don't trust them. I'm running a NS6 & 7FX and doing video. My buddy is running a Mixdeck and doing video.

Anyone using either of these machines? Looking forward to hearing good things about Samsung.

Thanks~

geposted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 5:18 pm
I am over the moon with my ASUS G53S. So much power. Twin cooling fans. love it. I hope you find a lappy that will do the job for you.

geposted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 9:41 pm
I bought a refurbished Asus G71GX about 6 months ago workin good running video with my NS6.

geposted Mon 03 Sep 12 @ 10:28 pm
DJECoast wrote :
Anyone using either of these machines? Looking forward to hearing good things about Samsung.

Thanks~

Sorry, but the Samsung's a heap of cr@p. I own one.

The USB 3 drivers don't work properly with USB audio cards, and that leaves you with just one USB port to do what you need to do.
The laptop causes an annoying ground loop hum when connected to any powered amplifier.
The touchpad is dodgy as heck, and doesn't seem to know the difference between multitouch and single touch. Many a time I have lost tracks I've been dragging around in Virtual DJ.
The screen has very poor viewing angles - look at the screen head on and there is a stark difference between the contrast at the top of the screen compared to the bottom. Difficult at the best of times - nearly unusable in a bar/club/party.
The function/media keys only work with Samsung's own (super-slow) software (they're not hardwired into the system). For example, if you want to disable WiFi you have to wait 20-25 secs for the Samsung software to load before you can switch it on/off. Same for 'Mute' (seriously I'm not joking about that).

Samsung's technical support have almost no knowledge of their products. I have spoken to dozens of their support staff to try and resolve these issues, and not a single one of them was able to help, nor showed more knowledge of their own product than I did.

They also refused to refund me when I tried to return my laptop. I said it was not fit for purpose. They say they never marketed it as a 'DJ-ing laptop', and so they do not consider the laptop faulty by their standards.

So, yea...

geposted Tue 04 Sep 12 @ 12:14 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
djnanite wrote :
DJECoast wrote :

Thanks~

Sorry, but the Samsung's a heap of cr@p. I own one.

The USB 3 drivers don't work properly with USB audio cards, and that leaves you with just one USB port to do what you need to do.
The laptop causes an annoying ground loop hum when connected to any powered amplifier.
The touchpad is dodgy as heck, and doesn't seem to know the difference between multitouch and single touch. Many a time I have lost tracks I've been dragging around in Virtual DJ.
The screen has very poor viewing angles - look at the screen head on and there is a stark difference between the contrast at the top of the screen compared to the bottom. Difficult at the best of times - nearly unusable in a bar/club/party.
The function/media keys only work with Samsung's own (super-slow) software (they're not hardwired into the system). For example, if you want to disable WiFi you have to wait 20-25 secs for the Samsung software to load before you can switch it on/off. Same for 'Mute' (seriously I'm not joking about that).

Samsung's technical support have almost no knowledge of their products. I have spoken to dozens of their support staff to try and resolve these issues, and not a single one of them was able to help, nor showed more knowledge of their own product than I did.

They also refused to refund me when I tried to return my laptop. I said it was not fit for purpose. They say they never marketed it as a 'DJ-ing laptop', and so they do not consider the laptop faulty by their standards.

So, yea...

you should always ask the question to them for what purpose you want to use ur lappy if u buy it

geposted Thu 06 Sep 12 @ 7:43 pm

So, yea...

Don't know what it's like in other countries, but over here in the UK we have 'distance selling law' with a legal 14day cooling-off period for ANY item regardless of what it is, so I always buy online so I can try it at home. So glad too, because I found the Acer W500 to be cr@p too (my first hope for a Djing tablet). I called to send back and I got 'oh, but if it's been taken out and turned on you can't return it', I then only had to mention the distance selling act and all of a sudden it was' oh, right then, of course you can return it' - they'll try to screw you every time...

Anyhow, nice to know I shouldn't even bother with the Samsung. Guess I'll just have to wait some more for multiple IO sound drivers/devices for android or a decent windows tablet....

geposted Fri 02 Nov 12 @ 9:32 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)