Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: karaoke playback - file names

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have used VDJ pro for a while now and find it to be great.

I have just decided to try and use some karaoke files with VDJ and i have come accross a strange problem.

when i browse down to the folder containing the files, i see the track names, then after a plsit second the directory just shows track1 track2 etc

next time i browse that directory is straight to to track 1 , 2 etc

I have one directory that still shows the track names

any idea of whats going on ?

any one else had this problem ?

the directory contains the two files with identical names, they are not in a zip

geposted Tue 04 Sep 12 @ 9:48 am
Check the tags of the MP3 file. It could be the MP3 itself is tagged with track1, track2, etc.

This would mean that you would first initially see the song with the track info parsed directly from its file name and then a few seconds later, this would change to the values set in the tags, once they have been read from the file.

You should be able to correct this with most MP3 tagging software.

geposted Tue 04 Sep 12 @ 10:52 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Support staff wrote :
Check the tags of the MP3 file. It could be the MP3 itself is tagged with track1, track2, etc.

This would mean that you would first initially see the song with the track info parsed directly from its file name and then a few seconds later, this would change to the values set in the tags, once they have been read from the file.

You should be able to correct this with most MP3 tagging software.

This will work if the files are not zipped together. Most karaoke jock's have their mp3's and cdg's zipped into one file.
Unzipping them, tagging, then rezipping won't work either, VDJ cannot read the tag in a zipped file.

The best option I have found is to rename the files so that VDJ "tags" it's library via the file name.

Mars, Bruno - Just The Way You Are (Amazing) - SFKK50-09.ZIP, for example, will correctly populate the artist and track field, putting the disk-track number into the track field as well. I have not found a way for it to automatically populate the disk field in VDJ.

geposted Tue 04 Sep 12 @ 9:36 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I've requested that for sometime now that VDJ would read zipped files so artist and title are in correct coloums with the id number showing in the album criteria, this would be a great help.

As it is now it's all hit and miss, some zipped files show correctly while others don't.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 12 @ 4:32 am
The user above already stated that their files were not zipped:

sureview wrote :
the directory contains the two files with identical names, they are not in a zip

NOTE: Using ZIP files nowadays is not really necessary with today's large hard drives (It's 2012 not 1990!) Also, using ZIP's has several disadvantages including inability of utilising modern tags and bulk tagging utilities. Files zipped with custom compression settings also may not be able to be read in VirtualDJ.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 12 @ 5:09 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Sorry I overlooked type of file he was using, my bad.

I know what date it is and size of files is not the question here, I use standard industry format in the software I use and they all show tags in the correct fields that I have filled in.

Unfortunately I have to use a third party karaoke software as they have functions in their programmes that are not yet available in the VDJ plugin, which I'm hoping will be getting an overall in the next update. If the functions I currently use and require are included in any update to VDJ's plugin then I will switch to whatever format is required, regardless of file size.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 12 @ 7:42 am
Support staff wrote :
The user above already stated that their files were not zipped:

sureview wrote :

NOTE: Using ZIP files nowadays is not really necessary with today's large hard drives (It's 2012 not 1990!) Also, using ZIP's has several disadvantages including inability of utilising modern tags and bulk tagging utilities. Files zipped with custom compression settings also may not be able to be read in VirtualDJ.

I missed that also. However, I do not have my files zipped because of space. They are zipped so that audio programs don't see the mp3's and add them as regular music files. VDJ and iTunes will do this. If they are recognized and I accidentaly move the mp3, the cdg does not move with it, thus "breaking" the karaoke ability. Also, since it is recognized as a regular music file, I could potentialy play a track without vocals thinking it was the original release.

To the original post, most karaoke files are not tagged at all. Thus, VDJ uses the file name to populate the library. As suggested, check the tags. mp3tagger will help out here. If you happen to know the disc number (eg: SC8007) and the track numbers, mp3+g toolz can also help to name the files. Be aware that some disc numbers have been reused. If you have old disc's that you ripped from, then the track listing may be incorrect.

geposted Wed 05 Sep 12 @ 1:53 pm
i have updated the tags with mp3 tag , but still no joy, i dod not even get the quick flash of the file names this time, i wonder if this is because they have allready been added to th VDJ database ?

I dont mind if they are zipped or not, if they are zipped, do you pair the two files into one zip or can you just add hundreds a files into one zip ?

I probably should by trying this instead of asking but i am away from my setup until the weekend!

thanks for all your commebts and hep so far

geposted Wed 05 Sep 12 @ 2:41 pm
sureview wrote :
i have updated the tags with mp3 tag , but still no joy, i dod not even get the quick flash of the file names this time, i wonder if this is because they have allready been added to th VDJ database ?

You may need to reload the tags is they are already added. Select the files, right click, and reread the tags.

sureview wrote :
I dont mind if they are zipped or not, if they are zipped, do you pair the two files into one zip or can you just add hundreds a files into one zip ?

You would zip them in pairs. Keep in mind, if their zipped, the tags are not readable.

geposted Thu 06 Sep 12 @ 2:19 pm
Karaoke vocal removal I have a karaoke song and songs that I play on Suiglos and when playing the vocal is not heard. When I try to play the same songs on Virtual DJ the vocals are heard. I do not want the vocals to be on the song as we try to play these for family entertainment and it is useless useing virftual DJ Is there a way that Virtusl DJ can play karaoke files without the vocal being played. These are MP3G files or wmv that work well in other players. Could you advise on my email at *****@*****

[Sorry, E-mail addresses and other contact details are not permitted for unlicensed users. Please read the forum rules]

geposted Sun 28 Oct 12 @ 1:00 pm
MP3+G karaoke should already be instrumental versions of the songs. If not, you will need to purchase proper MP3+G karaoke versions of the songs from karaoke vendors such as Sunfly, Sound Choice, etc.

It's possible that you might also have multiplexed karaoke (Music only on one channel and music+vocals on the other) - You would need to use the master balance knob (Or map a keyboard shortcut to the action master_balance) to select which channel to output (left/right as appropriate) and then use a stereo to mono adapter on your sound output to your stereo/sound system (Otherwise it will only come out of one speaker.)

In the VirtualDJ Basic or the full Pro, you could use advanced sound config to configure it to output only the left channel (or right as appropriate) through both the left/right outputs of your sound card.

Another option is the 'vocals' plugin, but this may not give good results depending on the song - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20remove%20the%20vocals%20or%20instruments%20from%20a%20song.html

geposted Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 7:14 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)