Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Looking ahead to V8 and external monitors

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I noticed that some of the functions on the new V8 can be dragged off into their own unattached work windows which got me thinking.

If you have a laptop with ext VGA output plus maybe an HDMI connection could you have the option of 2 separate extended monitors with the potentional for video output on one and your secondary VDJ functions on the other? That would also allow other stuff to be running and visible too.

How would VDJ8 handle that?

Similarly, right now with VDJ7, could you have a desktop pc with 3 monitors and control which one was used for video?

geposted Mon 12 Nov 12 @ 5:49 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008

geposted Mon 12 Nov 12 @ 10:08 am
So how do you control which montor the video out goes to?

geposted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 3:54 am
See page 50 of the User Guide. Also this wiki page covers setting up dual monitors.

It's also in the FAQ section here

geposted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 4:53 am
Those links appear to explain how to cope with 2 monitors which I do already. With a laptop that's easy peasy.

What I'm thinking here is having THREE screens. The one that is part of the laptop for the main controller portion of VDJ, a second to be used for dragged out V.8 VDJ panels and anything else you want to run then the third to handle the Video projection. Possible? Can you have 2 extended desktop screens? Can't test it as my laptop only has external VGA output but my next one will probably have that plus HDMI.

geposted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 6:56 am
Re-reading the video section in the manual, it doesn't actually mention just 2 monitors....

"Only Monitors which are part of the windows desktop can be selected. If the monitor is not in the list, Open Windows‘ display settings and activate the ‗Extend desktop on this monitor‘ for the desired monitor."

So if that's correct and VDJ will send to the monitor of choice, does anyone have a setup with either 2 extra VGA monitors or better still a VGA & an HDMI setup to create 3 screens. Does Windows handle the 2 different types of output ok and will VDJ allow you to specify the HDMI screen rather than the VGA for video output?

Just so you know where I'm coming from on this -

My normal nights I use a digital projector for the video output and have VDJ on the laptop screen. No issues with that.

But I also do some nights at local hotels. If possible I use their wall mounted flat screen via VGA which saves me a bit of time. They require a couple of Bingo games during the evening (quiet you at the back!) which I do through a PC based software. When I upgrade the laptop it would be useful to have a small extra screen in the booth to run the Bingo from and still be able to setup playlists in VDJ at the same time.

I feel like I've 'Come Out' admitting that I run Bingo

geposted Tue 13 Nov 12 @ 7:36 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)