Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Advanced Mapping (HID, Binary, Hex)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
so im making the final stretch to make my S2 mapper and trying to transition the sliders and fader knobs to HID so that MIDI is no longer used for any input, however im running into a brick wall here.

okay for those of you that know binary/hex heres a quick run down, i have a max value of 0xFF or 1111 1111 to work with, but this is split into half
so if i have 2 sets of values that represent the X's in the folling situations
XFAD_LAR XXXX 0000
XFAD_SMA 0000 XXXX

so once XFAD_SMA reaches 1.0/100%/F/1111 then XFAD_LAR increases by 0.0625/1/0001
the catch is that i need to read both of these as 4 bits as they are disjointed and surounded by other data.

ive tried everything i can think of to pull these 2 inputs together.

so im looking for someone else to help me, whether it be somebody from the community or somebody from atomix.
only catch is you cant use relative functions such as crossfader_relative as these functions dont exist for all controls.

please somebody help me... ive tried everything i can think of.

geposted Sun 09 Dec 12 @ 1:23 pm
the following should work but crossfader refuses to accept anything other than the base parameter.

XFAD_LAR param_add -0.0625 & set '$xfader'
XFAD_SMA param_multiply 0.0625 & param_add '$xfader' & crossfader

geposted Sun 09 Dec 12 @ 10:43 pm
okay, i think ive slimmed it down to the fact that 'crossfader' (also 'volume' and presumably all other slider functions) arent taking their value from variables, rather from the calling function.

does anybody know of a work around to this?

geposted Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 4:18 am
please please somebody help me, ive even gone so far as to concoct this VDJ Script for FADER_SMA

var_equal '$fader' value ? set '$fader' value : var_greater '$fader' value ? crossfader +0.00390625 & set '$fader' value : crossfader -0.00390625 & set '$fader' value

geposted Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 4:42 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)