Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: [NEW] Pioneer DDJ-SX - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Haven't yet decided about the layout. I will have to study the mapper first, as there are a lot of features that might need to be displayed
Will be a 4 deck skin, with minimal video support.

Some preliminary graphics...

geposted Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 4:34 pm
yeah, this would also benefit users of the DDJ-S1/T1 as well... Definitely a good addition to the Skins arsenal...

geposted Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 7:50 pm
Dodge57PRO InfinityMember since 2009
why don\'t use a real picture from de DDJ ??

geposted Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 11:49 am
Because in 16:9 ratio, you will end up with a browser with 2 lines :)
Besides i dont want to my skin to be a copy of the controller.

geposted Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 2:28 pm
Well, have some bad news here.
The skin will be a ver 8 one. The reason is simple.
What really makes a difference on the SX is those PADs that can operate in 8 different ways. (8 different banks)
So you can imagine that user may assign those 64 different buttons to do everything.
It would be pointless to make them work like the mapper of Phantom or the upcoming default one. For example in the Effects page Phantom has used some specific effects and left others unassigned, but user may map his controller differently, using different effects. Same for video effects, video transitions etc.
In version 8 you will be able to create your own custom buttons. Cant say more for the time, but it will be like assigning your controller, and at the same time do the same with the skin.

I will keep updating this thread with some graphics, but the release will follow the ver8 release.

geposted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 12:03 pm
lol, so this necesitates the obvious question? when is v8 coming out?

Speaking of skins in v8, will the skin mechanics remain the same (flat bitmaps), or is v8 based on vectors/3D? The reason I ask is because on that youtube video there's only 1 master skin which is resizeable in real-time. And that is only possible with vector graphics or a very high resolution bitmap.

If they have swicthed graphic engines it would be nice for Atomix to release some info on it so that skin masters can start training on the new changes if they are drastically different.

geposted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 5:24 pm
I would imagine that Atomix would make VDJ8 backward compatible so that older skins still load but will need to be run at the original resolution, with no nice resizing. It would then be up to the skin designer to release a VDJ8 updated version.

geposted Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 10:42 am
backward compatibility is for sure a given, what is baking my noodle (now where did I get that from?) is how the native v8 skins are made...

geposted Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 2:07 pm
they won't say but djdecks skins could use either vectors in a proprietary xml format or images or both, they can even be rendered in your browser with a script that adion provided... I'd say that the skins will be compatible, but not really fussed if they aren't as it will cause all new creativity and the tools we will have will surpass the limitations of the current tool set based purely on bitmaps. I'm waiting until VDJ8 is released before I attempt skinning again personally.

Hopefully if vectors are allowed they will just be in svg as it is a royalty free standard so they can easily be created in Adobe Illustrator and parsed in VDJ, but time will tell.

geposted Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 5:06 am
I love Virtual Dj but I bought a DDJ-SX and I'm going to use it! if this means I have to settle with that serato crap, I will, so please Virtual dj geeks, hurry up with that..... (not happy, not happy)

geposted Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 5:12 pm
Phantom took the time to map it and atomix are working with pioneer to have full support in a future release 'which pretty much means the jog lights will then work'... what are you not happy about?

geposted Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 5:49 pm
dj italoxx wrote :
I love Virtual Dj but I bought a DDJ-SX and I'm going to use it! if this means I have to settle with that serato crap, I will, so please Virtual dj geeks, hurry up with that.....

You have misunderstood all the previous posts.
Currently the Pioneer DDJ-SX can work with VirtualDJ in almost 100%. A native mapper will be also included (hopefully in the next update)
As for the skin, i clearly said that i will wait for ver8 release to provide a skin for this monster. Reason is clear. I don't want to provide a skin that will look like an image of the controller and have just the basic functions.
You can use even the default skin or any other skin that will match your needs. Dont forget that those Pads can be mapped nearly anything, and that is exactly what i need to provide.

dj italoxx wrote :
..(not happy, not happy)

Don't worry ..

geposted Sun 27 Jan 13 @ 6:11 pm
LoL :)

@dj italoxx: at least you have the unit, which you can use just fine in VDJ; unlike myself I cannot even afford it at the moment. Hopefully I'll see a used one on eBay in the next few months....

But yeah, with the release of Serato DJ, the pressure mounts for Atomix and NI.

geposted Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 5:31 pm
please keep me post on when you will finish it, i have ddjsx sense it came out but the virtualdj controller app don't work really good, and i hope you can fix the errors when you do the skin.

geposted Sat 09 Feb 13 @ 6:11 pm
Oh i cant wait ti'l you finish this :D

geposted Mon 11 Feb 13 @ 12:16 pm
djdad wrote :

You have misunderstood all the previous posts.
Currently the Pioneer DDJ-SX can work with VirtualDJ in almost 100%. A native mapper will be also included (hopefully in the next update)

What do you mean by Next update? Next update to Virtual DJ? or Next update to Pioneer drivers/firmware?

Any time frame? My mic doesn't work properly with the phantom mapper...

geposted Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 10:18 am
I ll make the skin for ver7. However its a monster, so it will take a couple of weeks.

Some progress..

As you may see, i ll use just the inner part of the jogwheel, and will try to use it to display useful infos as well.
Mixer part will not have that look, but the decks will.

The decks will not swap position but i ll make sure its clear which one is left and which right.

geposted Sun 17 Feb 13 @ 5:58 pm
Looks great make sure to ad some video and mix view.

geposted Sun 17 Feb 13 @ 6:05 pm
Dodge57PRO InfinityMember since 2009
A very nice skin !!

geposted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 6:16 am
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
WOW GREAT start...!!!!

Can you reduce the amount of area is use by the controller picture.

Many of use like to have more room for selecting and viewing our music Library.

I also second that Video because, unlike Serato, a lot of us are doing Music Video Too...

Can't wait to see your final layout...

Thanks for all your hard (fun) work djdad... :)

geposted Mon 18 Feb 13 @ 2:52 pm
11%