Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: what mac is the right one to buy

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
I am done with pc's Done. so I am getting a mac. please let me know what things i have to have in the mac so i dont have any problems. I know there will be a learning curve and things that will come up. but what is the best mac for the job. please advise.

geposted Wed 16 Jan 13 @ 5:22 pm
If you are just doing audio about any Macbook Pro will do, if you plan to do video it is recommended you get one that has a video card with dedicated RAM.

geposted Thu 17 Jan 13 @ 9:35 am
Get the biggest and best you can afford. I have TWO top of the line 17" Macbook Pro's and have never looked back.

geposted Thu 17 Jan 13 @ 1:43 pm
cnymikePRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'd try and get a 15" refurbished mid-2012 MacBook Pro from the apple.com store.

Refurbs have full warranty and look indistinguishable from a "new" laptop. I've got three of them. Saved hundreds of dollars by getting refurb.

The 15" mid-2012 has a Superdrive and dedicated video card, USB 3.0, Thunderbolt, Dedicated ethernet port. Newer MBP's no longer have Superdrives or dedicated ethernet port.

geposted Fri 18 Jan 13 @ 9:32 pm
What makes you want to get a mac? I've always had a mac and they get outdated way too quick. Also, most macbooks only have 2 usb ports, unless you want to spend a ridiculous amount of money for one with more. You could spend half the money and get a computer just as good as a mac.
You also have less compatibility with VDJ and mac. There is no download for instant stereo to mono output, there are also way less effect and plug-in downloads for a mac over windows. I don't know if this is with all macs, but my late 2010 version gets FRYING HOT!

There will be good and bad benefits to any computer you get. I suppose macs do last a long time, but for compatibility I would have most definitely chosen a windows pc over mac... if I knew I was going to get into djing

I am interested why you are so done with windows laptops?

geposted Sat 19 Jan 13 @ 10:26 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)