Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recording a mix

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi guys looking for some help , I have a fairly simple set up . Lap top into a mixer . I am trying to record some music when I play back what I have recorded the sound has not been split so I have both tracks playing over each other . But not through my speakers so I am thinking I am mixing ok but at the computer its not being split right . I take it I need to tick a box some where I have tried to disable the cross fader on the lap top but still the same hope this makes sense thanks in advance for any help Shaun

geposted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 11:53 am
Read that still can't make sense of it thanks

geposted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 1:50 pm
You haven't given enough details of exactly how you're set up, and how you're making the recording.

If you're feeding the VDJ decks out to an external mixer (each deck on its own mixer channel) and trying to record the result using VDJ then this is the result you'll get.

Why? Because you're recording the signal BEFORE you've mixed it. If you used the VDJ onscreen mixer then the output of that (the end result) would be recorded. Because you're mixing "outside of VDJ" then VDJ can't record that signal - unless you feed it back to the computer.

geposted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 4:11 pm
Spot on thanks so how do I feed it back after I have mixed it

geposted Mon 21 Jan 13 @ 5:21 pm
My suggestion would be not to record it on the computer at all.

Use a cable from the mixers 'rec out' to a solid state/digital audio recorder of the type made by Zoom, Olympus, Roland, Sony, Tascam etc.

That way you're less likely to get issues with dropouts/pops/clicks caused by the hard drive trying to play and record at the same time.

geposted Tue 22 Jan 13 @ 6:54 am
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
groovindj wrote :
My suggestion would be not to record it on the computer at all.

Use a cable from the mixers 'rec out' to a solid state/digital audio recorder of the type made by Zoom, Olympus, Roland, Sony, Tascam etc.

That way you're less likely to get issues with dropouts/pops/clicks caused by the hard drive trying to play and record at the same time.

I second the Zoom recorder suggestion. I've been using the H2 for many years! The price has dropped substantially from when I bought my first unit.

http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-H2-Portable-Stereo-Recorder/dp/B000VBH2IG

geposted Fri 25 Jan 13 @ 11:23 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)