Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Upgrading to a better Laptop need advice

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I recently decided to upgrade to a better Laptop since the one i currently have is of very low performance, It seems to not be able to handle running VDJ7 Pro and Audacity to record at the same time with an external sound card. I say this because when i playback my mix theres some skipping and parts where the audio quality drops. Ive found a few online that i am interested in and would like your opinions. Theres an HP, Toshiba, Samsung, Sony, and a Dell. They all range from $550 to $700. The specs for all of them are almost identical they all have Windows 8 64-bit, 3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i5-3210M processor features a 3MB L3 cache and 2.5GHz processor speed with Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz., 6GB DDR3 SDRAM, 750GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm), Intel® HD Graphics 4000, So would either of these laptops be enough to have VDJ7 Pro run smoothly and record my mixes at the same time with Audacity? Which brand would you say is best?

geposted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 12:24 pm
You don't need a new laptop. Just record your mix using something other than the computer you're playing on.

You can buy a portable digital audio recorder for much less than a new laptop.

geposted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 1:19 pm
Thanks for the suggestion, I had been looking into that, i noticed the Zune H2 and the H4 but figured i should buy a laptop since my tracks on VDJ alot of times load really slow which gets a bit irritating. Would you say the Specs i mentioned above are more than enough?

geposted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 1:25 pm
I would say Samsung, purely because it comes with little bloatware. Sony machines are crammed with it and it sort of renders them useless until you remove it all.

They will all be good for audio only but not for video with VDJ as they have on-board graphics.

Keith

geposted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 2:24 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
I would say Samsung, purely because it comes with little bloatware. Sony machines are crammed with it and it sort of renders them useless until you remove it all.

They will all be good for audio only but not for video with VDJ as they have on-board graphics.

Keith

Thanks for that info its a big plus not having to deal with deleting all the bloatware, and well audio only will do for now, so as of now i have the HP, Samsung, and Dell that i am debating about.

geposted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 3:16 pm
What's the spec of your current laptop?

geposted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 3:47 pm
groovindj wrote :
What's the spec of your current laptop?

My current laptop is an Emachines E528 i bought it a few years back just for school. Its an Intel Celeron 900, 250GB HDD, Intel GMA 4500M, with 2GB DDR3 Memory.

geposted Wed 23 Jan 13 @ 6:08 pm
It's not actually that bad. A 2.2Ghz CPU is better than the 1.6Ghz CPU in my netbook, and that runs VDJ just fine.

I've also run DJ software on PCs from years ago that would seem pathetic compared to the specs around now......but they worked.

Before that I was using software that did 16 track audio recording on a 16Mhz CPU. An iPad has more power than that!

I don't think the issue is with the spec of the PC to be honest.

geposted Thu 24 Jan 13 @ 4:53 am
groovindj wrote :
It's not actually that bad. A 2.2Ghz CPU is better than the 1.6Ghz CPU in my netbook, and that runs VDJ just fine.

I've also run DJ software on PCs from years ago that would seem pathetic compared to the specs around now......but they worked.

Before that I was using software that did 16 track audio recording on a 16Mhz CPU. An iPad has more power than that!

I don't think the issue is with the spec of the PC to be honest.

Well after all the suggestions i decided to clean up my computer more than i already had of bloatware and old files i had, i then recorded a mix yesterday without using audacity and just relooping the audio on virtual dj. I only used audacity afterwards to amplify the audio and to use the hard limiter tool. Turns out that the deeper cleaning really helped because my mix sounds just fine, and well my tracks were loading faster than usual. Thanks for the help, i guess ill stick with my laptop for a while and upgrade if i seem to not like what is going on afterwards.

geposted Thu 24 Jan 13 @ 9:56 am
Hi Guys.. i\'m fairly new to this and have a few problems but i\'ll start with this one first,

i\'m running VDJ 7pro on my laptop but when loading a track it loads really slow! i\'m running the same version of VDJ on lower spec laptop and have no problems! here is the spec of the laptop which the tracks load slow on.
using hercules rmx & rmx2 controller\'s

geposted Tue 12 Mar 13 @ 10:59 am

geposted Tue 12 Mar 13 @ 11:33 am

geposted Tue 12 Mar 13 @ 12:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)