Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Audio output routing for mics in VDJ?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have recently looked at using a mic with my VDJ setup and noticed something interesting: My current setup includes a 2010 MacBook Pro 13" running OS X 10.8.2 and VDJ 7.3, a Numark Stealth Controller, and a MOTU 896 (yes, way overkill I know) for audio output direct to my system processor (no mixer). I have the audio setup in VDJ configured in advanced mode for Master output thru 896 Analog out 1&2, and Microphone input on 896 Analog in 1&2. Here in lies my problem: I can only select stereo pairs in VDJ for input/ouput so if I plug a mic into Analog 1 in, it only outputs through the Left output channel instead of both left and right, as is the case if I input into Analog 2 it only outputs to the right output channel. Am I missing something here in the configuration? Is there a way to configure a mic input as a single mono channel? Any thoughts are appreciated.

geposted Mon 11 Feb 13 @ 8:47 pm
At the top of the advanced config dialogue box, there's a tick box for mono channels.

Tick this and you can then assign each channel individually. You can still have stereo as well (For master output, headphones, etc.) - You just have to map up the left and right outputs separately for each stereo output.

geposted Tue 12 Feb 13 @ 5:26 am
Excellent! I never noticed the mono channels box before, but I definitely check it out when I set the system up again. Thanks.

geposted Fri 15 Feb 13 @ 10:24 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)