Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: it did it again...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

it did it again last light, started my gig and 5 minutes into it the left deckr on my ddj-ergo quit working, it would spin on vdj but i would have no control on the hardware its self. closed out vdj reboot and all was fine! running 7.3 , all firmware and drivers are updated. laptop i7, 6gm,750 gig. pioneer says its vdj issue and VDJ says its pioneer. i think its VDJ!!! help.......

and this has been going on and off for a year and half maybe longer with this issue

geposted Thu 28 Feb 13 @ 8:49 am
Perhaps you should check your USB cables and their connections. Use a different USB port if you can and buy a new high quality USB 2.0 cable.
Avoid using USB 3.0 ports if your laptop has such.

geposted Thu 28 Feb 13 @ 9:02 am
If it's the left deck every time (for 1.5 years) then maybe you have a faulty Ergo...

Have you tried using the Ergo with Serato Intro, to see if the same thing happens?

geposted Thu 28 Feb 13 @ 9:45 am
i have not, it didnt do it with the LE version it came with. only with pro.

geposted Thu 28 Feb 13 @ 9:54 am
i can't say i know much about the ergo, but my friend was having a similar issue with this ns6. new high quality usb cable with gold connectors, and we put ferrite chokes on both ends of the usb cable, and on his power pack. also we made sure he was using his 2.0 ports not the 3.0 ports. he hasn't had anymore problems.

geposted Thu 28 Feb 13 @ 10:19 pm
Just FYI:
Most controllers operate on multiple MIDI channels. When one side of the unit stops responding typically this means that the corresponding MIDI channel failed/disconnected.
On most controllers MIDI channel 1 is busier than MIDI channel 2 (and the rest channels if they exist) since beside the "left" deck it usually has functions for the "global" section of the unit (eg browse controls). This makes MIDI channel 1 easier to brake than the rest channels and that's why only a part of the unit stops responding.

geposted Fri 01 Mar 13 @ 2:26 am
also make sure your not running on strickly battery power, check your power settings especially for USB, wake/sleep. One of my controllers will turn off and on every few minutes if i'm running off laptop battery

geposted Fri 01 Mar 13 @ 11:44 am
secretseven wrote :
also make sure your not running on strickly battery power, check your power settings especially for USB, wake/sleep. One of my controllers will turn off and on every few minutes if i'm running off laptop battery

+1

geposted Fri 01 Mar 13 @ 1:54 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)