Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need help

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I just bought my son the dj4set by Hercules . My. Question is their any way to hook up additional speakers to the controller.

geposted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 3:32 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
What do you mean exactly by "additional" speakers ?

geposted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 6:09 am
We have the controller outputs connected to the amp with 2 speakers but would like to add a sub-woofer.

geposted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 8:31 am
what type of amp and speakers are you using currently?

geposted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 9:08 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Then this would need to be done at the amp level/speaker.

The console, just like a regular audio mixer, sent out a full scale stereo audio signal. The separation of frequency is done after.

geposted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 9:35 am
If you use a passive sub woofer (i.e. no built in amp) then you'll need a second amp, plus an active crossover which goes between the Hercules and the amps, to separate the bass and mid/top frequencies & feed them separately to each amp.

If you use a powered sub (amp built in) then usually there will be a high pass crossover onboard, with outputs to connect to your existing amp/speakers.

This is assuming you're using professional PA equipment.

geposted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 10:21 am
I'm using 2 passive speakers they are connected to my amp a technical pro 4100 the amp is connected to the controller if wanted to 2 sub woofers how would I go about that because the controller is already connected to the amp and their is no other output for another amp ..

geposted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 10:47 am
I've just explained it!

Will you be using powered subs or passive ones?

Depending on the kit, you could also connect a pair of passive subs to the existing amp and run both subs and tops from one amp - but it's a compromise doing that, because you don't have as much control over the sound balance (bass vs top).

geposted Thu 28 Mar 13 @ 10:58 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)